Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Forget About What I Said; 'I'm older now and I know you hear me.'
Topic Started: Sep 16 2016, 12:15 PM (1,456 Views)
Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Henry Spencer continued from To Dine With the Devil))

It was maybe a bad idea to rob someone unarmed. But Henry had a plan for that. Sort of.

It was a little tougher than he'd expected to make his way down (or up? the map had implied up) the island towards the asylum. But he managed, and besides, that's where people would be. Also he had no clue what the place looked like now, so he miiiiight have wandered in by chance. Oops.

It was creepy in the asylum, but Henry liked it. The spooky, decaying place made him think of a haunted house or a film, not something he'd find dreadful in the real way he'd felt from being here. He heard noises, tiptoeing (perhaps with greater exaggeration than necessary) towards the source of the sounds, which seemed to be descending from above him.

It was maybe kinda sorta not the brightest idea to knock on the door of the huge closet thing when he heard noises from outside. But if he was intending to take people's stuff, he didn't have to be a jerk about it, right? He could just...meet up, hang out, and if they weren't accommodating to his biological need for food and beverage he'd slip off with some essentials to survive on. That was okay, right?

Oh, look, a spider! It was huge, like half an inch long, and light brown. Henry crouched on his knees with his face inches from the floor, studying the spider as it skittered about in the gap under the door. He watched as the little arachnid scuttled under the door and out of sight.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Distracted by the presence of an interesting arachnid, Henry was unaware of the door opening until the person spoke up. Surprised, Henry adjusted his posture so he was kneeling instead of being awkwardly perched on his palms and tiptoes. Blinking, Henry studied the boy standing above him.

Well, not above him by much. Nate Turner was quite small, and while Henry personally found it kind of adorable, he didn't know much about the guy. He was a soccer player or something? That was about it. Nate was pretty quiet, and Henry rarely learned much about quiet people. Apparently his vocab was intimidating or something.

Still, Nate might be willing to let him into the room, and if there was food there...Well, it hadn't occurred to Henry how hungry he was. He'd last eaten...a while ago. He might've had a protein bar or something yesterday before he left the shoreline, but it was unlikely. His stomach was empty, and it hurt! He'd had a hunger pang about an hour ago, and he'd doubled over from the unexpected pain. Plus, he was starting to get a headache.

Henry stood up. "Hi, I'm Henry. Sorry to startle you, I was looking at this, uh, really cool spider." Henry scratched the back of his head and grinned. He'd never been one to feel awkward, but now was apparently a good time to start. Nate might not take well to his amateur arachnology when people were dying and all.

Henry tried to peer into the dark room behind Nate. He didn't see anyone off-hand, but it'd be good to be sure. "Are you alone, or what? Oh, not that I'm, like, gonna attack you or something. Even if you are alone. That'd be rude. Yeah." Henry smiled sheepishly.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Friendly, welcoming people! Henry had seen several people like that.

It scared him.

He didn't want these people to die. As he stood there, smiling pleasantly and looking at the two guys inside the box-filled room, he recognized that their survival was directly opposed to his own. One of them would outlive all the others. Ben, Nate, Matt, Henry; one, if any, of these four would survive.

Henry didn't know if he could will himself to be that one.

Still smiling, Henry stepped past Nate into the room, where his eyes locked onto the pile of bags off to the side. Henry casually made his way towards the pile, looking over at Nate. "So how you guys been doing? I've not seen too much bad stuff, luckily. Still, better safe than sorry, right?"

Henry stopped in front of the bags. He smiled sheepishly. "I uh, did lose my stuff though. Haven't eaten all day which is, you know, yeah kinda sucky. Mind if I borrow some protein bars or something?"

He chuckled, awkwardly. "Not borrow, really, but uh, yeah, eat. And then, later, you know. I assume you don't want them back! But no seriously," His cheer faded. "That sound okay? I'm a little desperate." He made a gesture with his fingers indicating smallness.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Henry's surprise was visible.

Truth be told, he'd mostly expected the entire group to decline the suggestion to share. Looking out for number one, as Matt had said. But Ben and Nate had both offered to share, and Henry now felt conflicted. He'd intended to steal from them, after all! How could he now accept their food anyway, now that it was offered willingly?

He smiled, though. He was still starving. "Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Mind if I sit?" Not waiting for an answer, Henry plopped down onto the ground, relieving his sore legs of their post.

"As for my stuff, well uh..." Henry paused. He could tell the truth, but the truth was embarrassing. Modified truth seemed more fair to him. "I lost it yesterday, it uh, got left behind when some guys chased me. I'm not hurt or anything, luckily, but uh, yeah."

He looked down at the bags again.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Henry fumbled the protein candy bar thing as he caught it, but it didn't hit the ground so all was good. He devoured it quickly, talking between bites.

"I didn't catch their names." He said, then swallowed. "It was...that one chick with the crazy hair?" Gesturing vaguely in what might resemble dreadlocks if you were reading his mind. "She had like a big gun? I dunno what kind. She and that girl she's dating were the ones."

Henry felt bad lying, but it was pretty embarrassing to have freaked out and fled his friends. Covering up for that felt like the only way to ensure he got any help at all. So he had to go with it.

"Thanks again guys. If you don't mind me sticking around for a little while..." Henry smiled sheepishly. He adjusted the whip still slung around his shoulder. It seemed Nate was heading off, so he figured he'd follow them for a time.

All in all, things were starting to look up.

((Henry Spencer continued in In This Starless Night))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Storage Closet · Next Topic »
Add Reply