Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Meanwhile idea; technically the wrong section?
Topic Started: Sep 14 2016, 10:42 PM (498 Views)
The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
When Meanwhile starts up, I was thinking on kicking things off with a thread that'd be a memorial service for all the kidnapped kids, given at that time they won't know who survived but they will know somewhere between most and all (I'm not ruling out STAR stepping in somehow) of those kids are dead. Families, Meanwhile/pregame-only characters, any would be welcome. Would anyone be interested in joining in?
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Are we going to be implementing the thread with the idea like the anti-Sadie thread where people are free to come and go? At some point I'll show up but not any time soon. And when would the date be? I figure there'd be an investigation for a few days at least before any sort of memorial would be formally held.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd figure as much. As for the date, hmm. Meanwhile is supposed to be set around the time the tapes come out (so about a couple weeks post-abductions) so maybe nebulously around then?

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd certainly be interested! This sounds cool. Also, I think the section is fine, for want of somewhere more appropriate. Post-reveal makes the most sense to me for timeline--probably the most interesting narrative possibilities there, too.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Prologue says:

The evening of the disappearance a candlelight vigil was held outside of Cochise High School. Even at the event, nobody voiced the one possibility that made sense.

So there is actually an official confirmation that where was a memorial service of sorts! Unless you're thinking of something else?

I'm interested, and I was thinking something like this, too. It's an idea full of possibilities. O:
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I missed that, which might make the symbolic funeral redundant? Hmmm.

Staff, would we be allowed to make a Meanwhile thread portraying the vigil?

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KamiKaze
Sep 14 2016, 11:41 PM
Prologue says:

The evening of the disappearance a candlelight vigil was held outside of Cochise High School. Even at the event, nobody voiced the one possibility that made sense.

So there is actually an official confirmation that where was a memorial service of sorts! Unless you're thinking of something else?

I'm interested, and I was thinking something like this, too. It's an idea full of possibilities. O:
My take on it (though get confirmation from Deamon as he wrote it) is that vigils are usually "We're praying for their safety," type things (it's pretty common when people are missing or in trouble). At that point, the students would not be known to be dead, so it'd be a bit different. That said, there's certainly some overlap with the idea of a preemptive memorial (as opposed to, say, one after they know exactly who didn't make it). I'm passing the vigil question along to the lounge--just noting that it has been seen!
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

NotAFlyingToy
Member Avatar
Southern motherfuckin' democratic republicans.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This would be rad.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.

V6
V5
Future

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's primarily a symbolic funeral, a memorial since they know for a fact most or all of those kids (barring another rescue) are dead as hell. If that clarification helps anyone.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

backslash
Member Avatar
Celestial
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am down for this.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
The guy who went AFK for a few months
[ *  *  * ]
The McKinleys and the Cucinotta will be occupied, but Kendrickstones will be attending for sure.
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This sounds like a good idea to me. It would really drive home how the community is affected by the SOTF attacks.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just so everyone is aware.

The candlight vigil held the evening of the disappearance "We're praying for their safety" sort but like it says in the prologue some people thought it was SOTF.

It wasn't a memorial service though, since there was still the hope they were just missing and still alive.
Kimiko Kao - - - - - - - The Lagniappe
Travis "Trav" Lynch - - They Stumbled Into Faith and Thought
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Shock Me

V5
Unknowns
"They'll tell you failure is not an option. That is ridiculous. Failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times. But it's a choice. You can choose to fail. You can choose to succeed."

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We were discussing this a little in chat and Slam made a suggestion I think is interesting. What would people think about having this thread be the candlelight vigil mentioned in the prologue, and later on we do the service, say around the game's halfway mark? That'd give meanwhile characters more time to react to things and understand the situation as it develops, and I could see the arguments IC that maybe it's premature to hold the service immediately after the abductions are known, while everyone is still raw. Not to mention the logistics involved. Opinions? I'd have to change the post but I haven't written a lot of it yet.

Quote:

Quote:

Things SOTFers say

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think that could be fun, especially as it'd offer an opportunity for handlers to come in for the second bit who might not have as much to say at the first one.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply