Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Eclipse Phase: Robotic Turtle Edition; Extinction is approaching. Fight it.
Topic Started: Sep 13 2016, 06:01 PM (419 Views)
VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Howdy!

So I wanted to run a game of this tabletop that I recently found called Eclipse Phase!

Since it's fairly obscure, you might be wondering: what even IS Eclipse Phase?

Essentially, it's a science fiction, cyberpunk, cosmic horror tabletop RPG.

If that sounds even mildly interesting, here's some links to more information:

If you're at all interested, please post in this thread. Slots are limited, however, so I will need to know some important information so I can select players. Please fill out the following in your post:

Code:

[b]What days are you free, normally? [/b]
[b]What times are you free on those days, normally? Please use EST. [/b]
[b]What's your experience with tabletop RPGs in general? [/b]
[b]Can you use Discord? [/b]
[b]Can you tolerate a nerd who really likes robots as your GM? [/b]

I can probably take 5-6 players. Note that my own personal friend circle has been invited to play too, so it might not all be friendly faces you've seen on SOTF!

Regardless if you get in or not, you'll be able to see the horrific consequences of all the terrible, terrible decisions the party makes in here.

Get cracking!
Turtle's Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
G'day.

This does look and sound quite interesting. Am always interested in trying out unique settings like these. So yup, I'd like to be in. As for your questions:

-As of now, I'm pretty much free on most days, though that will change next month. I'd note down Friday and Saturday as my free days for now.
-Time wise, I'd be free from about 1 or 2 PM EST to about 10 PM EST
-I do have plenty of experience with tabletop in general, mostly rl meet-ups, but some online stuff as well
-Yup
-Ehhhhh...yes, I can^^
Peoples and Sheeples for V6

VoltTurtle
Member Avatar
The girl who dreams on the back of a giant space turtle.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also as a bonus I will draw your characters if you play~
Turtle's Signature

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What days are you free, normally? My schedule changes week by week thanks to work, unfortunately. However, I my schedule three weeks in advance, so I can plan ahead.
What times are you free on those days, normally? Please use EST. As above, no hard and fast availability. However, I'm not available before 12 P.M. EST Monday-Thursday, or after 1 A.M. EST on those same days due to my class.
What's your experience with tabletop RPGs in general? Played a few, ran a few. I'm most familiar with the Fate, d20, and Fantasy Core style systems, but to be honest my focus as a player tends to be more on the "role-playing" rather than the "game" part of things, so most of my focus tends to be on the universe on the story and making interesting and/or terrible things happen rather than mechanical/rule theorycrafting and system doesn't matter a whole lot compared to flavor for me.
Can you use Discord? Mmmhm!
Can you tolerate a nerd who really likes robots as your GM?
Potential Seizure Warning, Flashy Gif Inside
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Tentative, RIP, memes, etc.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Espi!
What days are you free, normally? Uh, as of now, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, as well as the weekends.
What times are you free on those days, normally? Please use EST. Monday/Wednesday; anytime after 3:30 pm EST. Friday; anytime after 1 pm est. Weekends; basically all day.
What's your experience with tabletop RPGs in general? Lots of experience! I've been in games of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e, 4e and 5e, Pathfinder, Iron Kingdoms, a tiiiiiny bit of Shadowrun, Marvel Heroics and possibly some I've forgotten.
Can you use Discord? Yes.
Can you tolerate a nerd who really likes robots as your GM? As long as you don't turn into the Singularity and force us to battle you IRL.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

shotgunkid
Member Avatar
don't take no guff
[ * ]
I like EP's setting and have been thinking of participating in an RPG for awhile. So I'll throw my hat in the ring, why not?

What days are you free, normally?
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and the weekends.
What times are you free on those days, normally? Please use EST.
I have only one class Mon/Wed, so from about 10am-1pm or 5-10pm.
Fridays, I have a lab that ends at 4, so 5-10pm.
Weekends? Anytime, really.
What's your experience with tabletop RPGs in general?
None, unfortunately.
Can you use Discord?
Well, duh. But it might be worthwhile to note I can use voice chat as well.
Can you tolerate a nerd who really likes robots as your GM?
If I couldn't tolerate you, I wouldn't even be here in the first place.
2015: V6 Incident

CrossbowPig
Member Avatar
Icon!
[ *  *  * ]
I put on my robe and wizar- wait, we're supposed to be in space? Shoot. Guess I'll put on my....space...hat. Yeaaaah.

What days are you free, normally? Usually, I'm free on Saturday and Sunday, as well as Friday nights.
What times are you free on those days, normally? Please use EST. On Fridays I'm usually free from around 6:30-9:00 at least, on Saturdays from 1:00-4:30 and 6:30-10:00, and on Sundays I'm free the whole day the majority of the time.
What's your experience with tabletop RPGs in general? I've played a campaign of D&D 5e before, looked at different systems in my downtime, and attempted to plan a campaign of Adeptus Evangelion, a Neon Genesis Evangelion RPG (which, unfortunately, didn't end up panning out, but it was a good experience.)
Can you use Discord? Yes, I am a black-belt in Discord-fu.
Can you tolerate a nerd who really likes robots as your GM? Aye aye space-captain!
~~~~~ "We were wrecks before we crashed into each other."

NOW: V7

SOON: V7

DEAD: V6

MAYBE: V?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
Totally up for this. The setting looks really cool.

What days are you free, normally? Everyday but Wednesday, but if most of the players are in/near EST, then Fridays and Saturdays are best.
What times are you free on those days, normally? Please use EST. On Fridays and Saturdays anytime from 7pm onwards. On other days, I'll only be free in the mornings, from 8am onwards.
What's your experience with tabletop RPGs in general? I've played lots of DnD (3.5 ,4 and 5e), a little CthulhuTech and AdEva as well as several rules-lite systems. I've run a campaign in 5e before, but that was a published adventure.
Can you use Discord? I'm parked there all the time anyway so that's a thing.
Can you tolerate a nerd who really likes robots as your GM? Is there another kind of GM?
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

Zetsumodernista
Member Avatar
escaping the real world to face reality
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"cyberpunk"
"cosmic horror story"
"transhumanism"

YES PLS

Um, if there's still room, that is.

What days are you free, normally? Every day but Tuesday, weekends work the best.
What times are you free on those days, normally? Please use EST. After 6
What's your experience with tabletop RPGs in general? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Can you tolerate a nerd who really likes robots as your GM? Yes.
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In the event anybody ends up needing replacing:

What days are you free, normally? Job hunting, so this might/will probably change soon! But I'm available most games.
What times are you free on those days, normally? Please use EST. 1-5 PM EST on Tuesdays, pretty flexible otherwise. Afternoons work better than mornings.
What's your experience with tabletop RPGs in general? None, but experience as player and GM in play by post.
Can you use Discord? We've talked on Discord!
Can you tolerate a nerd who really likes robots as your GM? This is acceptable.
Edited by The Burned Handler, Sep 20 2016, 03:20 AM.
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I really wanted to join earlier.

What days are you free, normally? Same as Paige. Just more than three weeks in advance, though.
What times are you free on those days, normally? Please use EST. Uhh, I have no regular schedule...sooo. Yeah, it's different each day.
What's your experience with tabletop RPGs in general? Toxie's was fun, but I have no clue what happened with it. I did one with Bear, but it died. Other than that, I have no experience with it.
Can you tolerate a nerd who really likes robots as your GM? Yes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Other Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply