Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Why Y'all Gagging?; They bring it to you every version (Open)
Topic Started: Sep 6 2016, 07:07 PM (765 Views)
Aura
Member Avatar
Has seen that which cannot be unseen.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Rene Wolfe continued from Wolfe Crossing))

The radio tower caught Rene's attention as soon as she saw it, and really, how could it not? It towered over everything else in the area, no pun intended, and looked pretty remarkable compared to the rusty, musty environment that surrounded it. Basically, it was cool, and she wanted to check it out. That was pretty much the extent of her motivations for going there. It really did look like the nicest piece of architecture she had seen thus far. Of course, considering its only real competition was a crusty old asylum and a rusty old bridge, that wasn't exactly a grand accomplishment.

As she approached, her attention wandered from the tower itself to the shack next to it. It didn't look too shabby, and she figured that it would be a nice place to crash for a little while. She wasn't in the mood to turn down some free shelter, after all. Hell, there might be some stuff inside that could be useful. Maybe some tools or a radio. If she was lucky, she might even be able to MacGyver up some kind of system to send out an SOS message and get some help to the island.

... Okay, the last example was probably never going to happen, but a girl can dream, can't she?

Rene walked up to the shack's entrance and pushed the door open, revealing that she was apparently not alone in thinking that the shack seemed like a nice place to stay. Having rudely upon and now staring down three ambiguously-armed classmates, she needed to say something. Maybe something witty to defuse the tension. Something to keep things from going too far south too quickly.

"Any good stations?"

Yeah, that might work.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rene's smile turned into a toothy grin, and a fit of laughter escaped. Oh man, it felt good to be around people with a sense of humor again! "All right, all right. You got jokes." She said, putting her hands up. "Either that, or the terrorists in charge of this thing really need to fucking fire their communications guy, because he's got no taste."

It really was nice to be in the company of friends again. Noah and Sandra had always been awesome, and Blair... honestly, Rene didn't really know her too well, but she was probably cool too. If she could follow up on Rene's radio joke as quickly as she did, then she had to be all right.

"Okay, so you guys would not believe the day I've had so far." She said, putting her hands down and smirking. "I woke up on the ground right next to a bed, then met a cut-rate Nixon impersonator. The guy didn't even say 'I am not a crook'." She used air quotes to put emphasis on that last part. "It was a real disappointment. So anything like that happen to you guys?"
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Seriously, I'm not making the part about the Nixon guy up." Rene insisted upon hearing the joking skepticism of the others. "The guy had a mask and everything. It's just too bad he didn't get the rest of the act right."

Now that she was inside, she took the opportunity to look around, not that there was much to see from her viewpoint. Just a radio station with some old junk lying around here and there, all of which had definitely seen better days. From the looks of things, nobody had attempted to send or receive anything resembling a radio signal from there in a long, long time. By proxy, this meant that her hopes of sending an SOS were pretty much dashed right there.

Well, shit.

"So let me get this straight." Rene held one hand in front of herself as she spoke. "What we're looking at here..." She waved her hand in a circular motion, gesturing to the area around her. "Is a whole lot of nothing, am I right?"
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bad news: The radio tower was a complete bust in terms of actual usefulness. However, this was at least tempered with the good news that Rene had managed to find a friendly group of people who actually seemed to have some vague framework of a plan. That was definitely something that she could live with, no problem. Plus, these were people that she actually liked, so bonus points there.

But back to the plan. Rene's new friends wanted to go somewhere that probably wouldn't be overrun with people. This was a good plan and Rene agreed with it. Even better, she had a pretty good idea of where people would probably be around that time, so she could actually help out a bit in that regard.

"All right, so you wanna stay away from people?" She questioned with a declarative finger. "Well, I heard some bells a while ago, so we'd probably want to stay away from the bell tower or anywhere near it. I'm pretty sure if people weren't there before, they probably are now"

As if the universe had been waiting for this exact timing, Rene heard another loud chime as a wave of sound rolled through the area. She didn't change her expression in any major way. She just angled her eyes in the direction of the chime and waited for the ringing to run its course before getting back to her suggestion.

"So as I was saying, we definitely want to stay away from the bell tower or anywhere near it."
Edited by Aura, Sep 27 2016, 11:04 AM.
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
With the rest of the group filing out of the tower in an orderly manner, Rene decided that it was in her best interests to follow along. They had a fraction of a plan, a vague destination, and pretty much nothing else of note. But hey, at least Rene didn't have to go it alone anymore. That had to be worth something.

She stepped out and followed behind her newfound crew. As she ran to catch up with the rest of the group, she took one last look at the tower that she was leaving behind. It had given them no tools, secrets, or any actual advantages aside from being a place for her to meet her new group.

It still looked kind of cool, though.

((Rene Wolfe continued elsewhere...))
Posted Image

Characters

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Radio Tower · Next Topic »
Add Reply