Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Tropes Page Needs YOUR Help!; Aka pls help Zarina and co. to make it great.
Topic Started: Sep 2 2016, 05:08 PM (924 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There's been some discussion about getting a new header image for the front page of the wiki, and I think that whatever that would end up being might also be appropriate for the tropes page. If we want a picture that has a bunch of different characters on it, I think an alignment chart or something similar is the simplest way to implement that, though I do see where MW is coming from with his criticisms of it. Perhaps something in the vein of the current alignment chart, but without the morality scale explicitly listed, so as to focus more on the variety of characters and maybe a quote from them that gives an idea of who they are.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I guess that would come down to whether more people want just a logo/banner for the site as a whole, or something that shows some of the characters. Personally, I'd prefer the latter but I'm also not the one who would get saddled with making it because I can't art.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I didn't mean for whatever hypothetical character portrait to be the thing that replaces the wiki image. For the trope page, it would be cool if there was something on the main part for whichever version is currently running/most recent, but the wiki would be a more appropriate place for just a logo or banner. The difference for me is that displaying some characters on the trope page would give people unfamiliar with the site a better idea of what the focus is, while the wiki is more generally informative and shouldn't invite bias.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bumping for a little PSA about formatting on the Tropes page: remember to use the preview button before saving your edits to make sure you haven't missed any spoiler brackets, etc. It keeps everything nice and neat. Also make sure to read through the tropes that have already been added so that we don't end up with redundant entries, multiple entries saying the same thing about the same characters, etc.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lately we've been trying to fill out the crowner pages on the TVTropes entry (those are the pages for awesome moments, funny moments, heartwarming moments, nightmare fuel, and tearjerkers, for those unfamiliar). If you've got a suggestion for a scene from V6 or other versions (minis too!) that isn't on the page, let us know! Any serious suggestion can be taken, since these pages are inherently subjective; you don't have to get a consensus about the chosen scene for it to be added to the page.

We most notably need more moments from Minis, V1 and V2, and heartwarming moments in general as that page doesn't technically exist yet.
Characters

Others

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply