Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Among these 'hallowed' walls...
Topic Started: Aug 30 2016, 07:41 AM (769 Views)
Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
The guy who went AFK for a few months
[ *  *  * ]
This was the library of an insane asylum.

That was a kind of weird thing to wrap your mind around, but it was a nice library. Maria sat on one of the tables, end of her shirt in hand, and was wiping off the grease and dust that had already accumalated on the blade. It was relativley clean, but she if she couldn't keep herself clean, then her blade would be clean. A slice of bread was sitting next to her, on top of a copy of The Man in the Iron Mask, and next to a half-finished bottle of water. Maybe she was burning though her supplies, but if she was at top condition all the time, then her chances of survival were far higher than if she only ate when she was starving to conserve food.

She had pulled out a book from the romance section, and it was lying on the floor for her to tear a page out. She helf it up with one hand, then carefully moved the blade at a positivley glacial pace. The blade sheered through the page without an inch of deviation or resistance, and she let out a slight whistle. If that had been muscle rather than paper... This was a surpsingly good weapon she'd managed to get. A gun would have been preferable as always but...

Jesus, how was she being so blase about this? She was litterally staring death in the face, and instead of crying or panicking or really doing anything one would expect, she was calmly cleaning the blade to stab death in the face. Was this normal? Did actual people do this? Were any others of her classmates settling down and getting ready for the storm that would no doubt arrive? Or was she being the crazy preparer of the bunch?

She picked up the book and set it standing up on the table where she had been sitting, before bringing the sword down again.

She was going to win this fucking thing, no matter how much she hated the idea of having to kill someone. She was going to win, she was going to go home, and she wasn't going to end up dead like the poor sod who had won a few seasons ago.
Edited by Dannyrulx, Sep 3 2016, 10:55 AM.
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.

My Characters

[/spoiler]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Maria sat down on the table next to her blade, and looked up, straight into the eyes of a kid peering around the corner. She immediatley jumped up, one hand on the blade, and tugged at it in an attempt to get it out of the thick wood that the table was made out of, but to no avail.

Upon realising that her designated weapon was useless for now, Maria backed off from the kid. She didn't recognise his face, didn't know what weapon he could have on him, and that made her nervous. If he had a gun this could be over in seconds, but otherwise she might make it out. Assuming of course that the kid was looking for a fight, which judging by the fact he was in a library, probably wasn't the case.

Calming down her paranoid mind, she straightened up and looked at what she could see. Blonde hair, glasses, not a whisker of stubble and face shape that could almost be from the Med if you squinted. She helf up a hand half-heartedly, and managed to say hey, trying to prevent her from sounding as terrified as she was actually.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
A molotov. She could almost laugh. He would never throw it if he wanted to grab a book and besides, how would he light it? "I just want my blade back, not gonna attack you, alright?" She stepped over to the table and grabbed the handle with both hands, before tugging hard, working the blade free of the wood as she did so. "Look, some people I know are planning on ringing the bell and getting people together. I don't think that's a good idea, but that's not my call. If you want to go, then that's fine, but they're going for a group that's too big. If we stick with each other, then we have a much better chance. We can cover each other's backs, you know? Two or three people are better than one, and far better than a larger group."

As she said this, Maria wiped her sweaty left hand on her jeans, giving the kid a good view of the missing tip of her index. She returned to the blade and yanked hard, finally pulling the metal out of the wood. She looked at the two halves of the book in front of her, then turned to the kid. "So, what's your plan? Go solo? Small group? Or the guys that want to gather everyone up?" She slipped the blade into the belt loop, and stuck her hand out at the kid. It was a risk, but she really, really needed to be able to sleep well at night, and having someone covering her would be the only way she could be sure of that.

And besides, the kid looked far too weedy to take her on. She wasn't the strongest of people, but she could easily take this guy on, no problem.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"Alright then, fine by me. Die alone and earlier rather than with people and later. Whatever floats your boat dude." As she said this, Maria picked up the half slice of bread, balled it up and popped it in her mouth, chewing and swallowing to get it out of the way and following it with a bit more water. When she was done, she slipped the bottle into her pocket and picked up the book that had been her makeshift plate.

The Man In The Iron Mask, she read, flipping it over. One of her favourite older novels. What a bloody coincidence that that had been laying on the table when she walked in. She loved the book to death, had a special-edition binding back at home which she'd picked up in Brighton of all places, which had it's own sheathe and everything. She put the book into her hateful assigned bag, and looked at the kid, trying to read his expression at her words.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
She was getting sick of this already. The first group had had very strange and lethal weapons, and an enclosed environment. The second group contained one of her worst enemies, and was trying to achieve a goal she thought to be insane, and now she met the most antisocial boy the world had ever seen, armed with a molotov.

"I don't even have to swear at you. Your very imminent death will do better than any swear word I can conjure up." Maria, loosely held the hilt or her sword in her hand,d walked towards the boy, Would one fucking person I properly know be too fucking hard to find?" she muttered, before almost shoulder-barging him out of the way.
Edited by Dannyrulx, Sep 12 2016, 12:40 PM.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Maria was just about to leave when she heard a creaking, cracking sound, followed by what sounded like somebody falling through the roof. She peered around the bookcase that had divided her from seeing what caused the noise, and saw Caleb, bruised and bashed, but very much alive. Her eyes widened and she jogged closer to him, just as he started to slough off the cobwebs that had accumulated from the fall.

She gave out a loud whistle to signal her being there, and walked right up to him, before kneeling down so they faced each other face-to-face. "Hey, hotshot, that's not the way to make a proper entrance. You're suppoded to avoid getting a concussion, not tumble straght into one!" She grinned, actually happy despite the situation. Sure, Caleb wasn't in the best of shapes, but it was somebody she fucking knew at the very least and that was all that mattered.

"Talking about concussions, serious here, what's your full name?" She started to brush off some of the cobwebs from him, trying to ignore the fact that he was litterally coughing up dust.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Caught off guard by Calen's sudden reaction, Maria just had time to yelp out a 'Whatre-" before she was whisked away by the Diamond.

Oh, and flip the antisocial cunt that had been in here the bird. Always time to flip the bird at cunts.

((Maria Cucinotta continued in Survival Strategies))
Edited by Dannyrulx, Sep 22 2016, 03:53 PM.

My Characters

[/spoiler]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Asylum Library · Next Topic »
Add Reply