Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Among these 'hallowed' walls...
Topic Started: Aug 30 2016, 07:41 AM (770 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Caleb Diamond continued from Lone Wolfe))

So Sam said he wanted to go alone. Internally it stung a bit, but he shrugged it off. He'd go off in a different direction. He pulled out a flashlight from his pack, holding it in his right hand with his mask in the other. Caleb made his way, cautiously, quietly, to a stairwell. It wasn't surprising really, the way things had turned out.

He opened the door to the stairwell and was hit with the smell of metal and mildew. As soon as he let go of the door from the area he had come from, it slammed behind him. He walked down the steps with his footsteps echoing in the small, dank space.

I wonder who's going to get my stuff? Is there going to be a funeral?

He started moving a bit faster. The echoes were closer together and the light from his flashlight bounced jauntily.

Funerals are pretty much expensive scams anyway. And there's not even a body. Maybe they'd get a doll or something. Like a scarecrow filled with hay. Do they play music at funerals? Should I have made a playlist-

Caleb felt something sticky and wispy on his hands and face all of the sudden. Something tickled a bit. A thin layer of sticky substance covered his upper body. The beam of the flashlight revealed it to be spiderwebs, with a considerable amount of long-legged friends scurrying all over him. Caleb gasped, his foot missed the next step and he went tumbling down the stairs. He crashed into a door which opened into a new room. Caleb landed on his back, staring up at the sky through a glass ceiling that was hazy with decades-old filth. He was still clutching his Nixon mask and had his bag around his shoulder, but the flashlight had been lost in the stairwell somewhere. After a second, he began frantically trying to slough off the webs he was tangled in and the remaining spiders.

He coughed up dust and felt that somewhere on his body he'd injured himself. Caleb landed in a library.
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"...you callous bitch"

Whoever was on the other side of the room was not happy and seemed to be incredibly tense. However, not-that-person came over to Caleb and started asking him questions peppered with jokes and smiling widely. Caleb thought maybe he had concussion and he was hallucinating before remembering that hallucination wasn't typically a symptom of concussions. So the bad news was that Maria seemed to not understand the immediate danger. The more bad news was he'd have to figure out if he had concussed himself.

"Diamond," he croaked.

Caleb reached up to his head. Pulling his hand back, he saw he was bleeding from the forehead. Caleb leaned as far as he could to see past the book shelves and it looked like the irate customer was a boy, staring total venom, holding a makeshift explosive. So the situations was thus: angry boy with explosive who was unhappy with Maria, who doing nothing to mollify him. If anything, Caleb imagined her flippant attitude probably made Sandy want to kill her even more. Current objective: get out of the building without Sandy setting them on fire.

There was the place he'd just come from which was some kind of emergency stairwell and then presumably whatever main entrance these two had come in through. Going back to the stairwell seemed like a bad idea because what if he just threw the explosive in after them? Caleb looked down.

This is the stupidest fucking idea I've ever had in my whole life, which is really an achievement.

He tucked the mask into his pocket and started gathering gathering up pieces of web that had the most critters and gathered up spiders into his right fist. He stood up and grabbed Maria's hand with his left hand and slowly moved around the bookshelf towards Sandy.

"Uh. Hi. So it looks like things are a little heated in here just going off what I heard when I came to. We're just going to leave you here, with your best friends, the books and-"

Caleb threw the handful of spiders at Sandy and took off running with Maria.

((Caleb Diamond continued in Survival Strategy ))
things
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Asylum Library · Next Topic »
Add Reply