Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Go to a school trip they said, it will be fun they said; Private, apologies
Topic Started: Aug 29 2016, 07:15 AM (1,176 Views)
Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
((Candice Banks continued from They say the Hangover after you get drugged and kidnapped by Terrorists is the worst))

Candice felt a massive sense of relief upon hearing Mia greet whoever was in the room ahead of them. She had been on edge from the moment they had heard voices coming from somewhere in this run-down building. Well, it would probably be accurate to say that Candice had been on edge since the morning began, and saying that the prospect of running into people of unknown temperament had caused her to become nervous was really only true in a relative sense.

Naturally, seeing Mia ready her gun before checking the room had not helped in the slightest. She had thought to herself earlier that the two of them having a gun might act as a deterrent against hostile classmates, but now that they had reached a situation where it might be used, Candice found that the events of this morning were still weighing on her mind.

Being so well armed seemed to be the sort of thing that would provoke a fight as soon as it would prevent one.

Luckily, it seemed that this unknown person was an friend of Mia's. Someone they could trust.

Well, assuming that it was actually a friend and not just a classmate whose name Mia knew.

Assuming that it was a friend who could really be trusted.

Candice recalled the video the terrorists had shown them during their "orientation". She wondered morbidly if she and Mia were going to end up starring in the teaching aid for the next batch of students thrown into this madhouse?

She did her best to shake those doubts from her mind. There were plenty of reasons to not assume the worst situation in this case. It had sounded from earlier as though this Al had been speaking to somebody-- in other words, they were somebody who was interested in getting along with people. Besides, Mia seemed to trust this person, and that should be enough. "Too Trusting" was not really a phrase that Candice would use to describe her companion.

Besides, they had managed to meet somebody without gunfire factoring into the greeting, which was a vast improvement over their prior record. It would be a waste to alienate a potential ally this early on when they'd finally managed to not immediately screw the first encounter up. Candice cautiously moved up behind Mia, hoping to catch a glimpse of this new student while remaining behind Mia.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V7. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

V6 Characters
G31 - Candice Banks (adopted from Somersault) - The Rooftop
G35 - Bernadette Thomas (adopted from Imehal) (Deceased) - Northwest Cliffs

Past Version Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Candice wasn't entirely sure what she was hoping for from this encounter anymore.

At the very least, it seemed as though they didn't have to worry about a gunfight breaking out at the moment. There'd be no real reason for Al and whoever else was in the room to not have opened fire already if they had been planning on doing so.

Well, the thought that they could be stalling while an ally of theirs snuck up behind Candice and Mia to catch them off guard had crossed her mind. But in the end, since it seemed that everybody's cell phones had been stolen, it wasn't like the people in the room would have any way to coordinate with people outside, so that concern could be ruled out.

It seemed as though Candice and Mia had once again had the luck to encouter somebody who wasn't hostile.

The trouble, of course, was where to proceed from there. Mia's attempt to reach out to them had apparently fizzled out without so much as an acknowledgement of their presence. If it were the case that Al didn't want to talk to them, it's not like they could force him.

Candice briefly considered calling out on her own as well, but stopped just short of doing so. If they weren't willing to open up for an acquaintance, would adding a total stranger really change anything? It was probably best to just write this meeting off as no meaningful outcome.

We may as well move on, was the conclusion that Candice had reached, but before she could bring this subject up to Mia the other girl plainly announced her intent to enter the room, one way or another.

"Is this really a good idea?" Candice whispered urgently.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V7. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Just as Candice had been about to vocalize her doubts that there was any point in trying to talk any further, there was a voice from behind the door. It was... well, if they were getting a response it was at least some kind of progress. They still weren't exactly being welcomed with open arms, but them finally having their presence acknowledged was rather nice.

For that matter, it was probably unrealistic to expect anybody to just roll out the welcome mats for Candice and Mia without having some kind of ulterior motive. Finding somebody who was initially guarded and suspicious of them was probably the best they could hope for.

"It's just me and Mia out here," she called to the person behind the door.

Having said that, the words now sounded stupid. She'd thought it would be a good idea to speak up and confirm it was her and Mia, but fumbled when thinking of what to say, and in the end she'd basically just ended up repeating what Mia had just said. It wouldn't really work as reassurance, either, because from the perspective of the people on the other side of the wall there could be others who just weren't speaking up.

Speaking of others who weren't speaking up, there'd been absolutely nothing from this Al person. No greeting, no response... hell, the girl who had responded hadn't even made mention of him. Maybe Mia had just been mistaken when she thought she'd heard him?

"Who all's in there with you?"

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
In the end, it seemed that the entire exercise had been, well...

Pointless. That was the word that Candice had been trying to avoid. They'd found somebody who could have been a potential ally, and that somebody had run right past them without so much as an acknowledgement.

It was just like it had been with that other girl earlier.

Mia had entered the now-empty room and was... looking around, maybe? Whatever she might be searching for, she didn't really seem to be that interested in finding it. Candice didn't really feel like going to the effort of checking out the room, herself.

"Do you want to go..."

...someplace else, Candice had been about to say, but she found herself trailing off. Go someplace else? To what end? Find another shitpile of a building on this island, find another classmate who runs off because they don't feel like being around you, lather-rinse-repeat until you've either run out of island to check out or somebody decides to say 'no' with a bullet to your head?

Candice wasn't one of those people who constantly worry about whether or not they're being productive with their time, not by a long stretch. She was of the opinion that wasting time could be pretty fun, even. But even so, she just couldn't see why they should bother reaching out to people.

Some fresh start this had turned out to be. Pointless, indeed.

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

Muninn
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Just like that, Mia had walked away.

Try as she might, Candice just couldn't figure out what Mia's intentions were. Was she thinking "Let's try someplace else, follow me," or "Hurry up, maybe we can catch up with them if we go this way", or "There might be a good place to hide out in here, let's look around"...

"You're nothing but a waste of space, Al would have been more trusting if there weren't a stranger following along with me, don't let me ever catch you trying to tag along like you think you're actually useful..."

Then again, that was how it had been for pretty much the entire morning, wasn't it? It was all well and good for them to have carried on like there was some kind of bond forming between them back in the dorms, but that'd quickly ended. Sure, Mia had said a few things during their trek across the island that resembled an attempt at getting closer to each other, but then either Mia would stop talking or Candice would stop talking and the silence would come back in full force. She honestly doubted that there'd been enough conversation between the two of them to fill a passing period.

Really, is it any wonder that Mia wouldn't feel it necessary to come out and explicitely say that they were splitting up? Had they communicated even about practical matters like that, or had they just been awkwardly travelling in the same direction?

"I know Al. He's a sweet guy and absolutely wouldn't harm a fly. It'll be fine. You can trust me. Honest."

"Might as well just head this way and... see what's going on, right?"

...well, it wasn't much, but it was there. Really, once she thought about it Candice realized it was herself that had been the barrier here.

She was the one who just followed along without contributing in any way.

She was the one who let all the attempts at conversation die out.

Mia might not've been big on communicating her plans, but she was way ahead of Candice. Let's see, what else was there...

"It'll be all right."

It wasn't going to be possible to return to that sense of optimism they'd had while leaving the dormitories. Running into an acquantance, only for him to utterly reject even the possibility of an alliance... that was going to be a blow to morale that couldn't just be wiped away like that. It was a scene that should've been completely stacked in their favor, someone who should've been a shoe-in for an ally, and they'd blown it. But even so...

Even following that...

Candice was determined that she was not going to screw up with the ally that she already had.

((Candice Banks continued in "I've Swallowed Half an Hourglass"))

V6 Characters

Past Version Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Staff Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply