Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Cuckoo's Calling; not the reference i was attempting to make, but the thread's open
Topic Started: Aug 26 2016, 10:40 PM (921 Views)
PlatFleece
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
GIRL 063: Natalie Winters START

Natalie had only been awake for a few minutes when she found herself in this place. Never in her life did she think she'd actually be in something like this. Were people watching her?

Were her parents watching her?

She hadn't even said a proper goodbye to them yet. If she dies here... She can't even think about that. She wanted to escape, to get out, but she didn't even know what to do. Worst of all, it didn't look like whatever weapon she was supposed to have was going to be useful anytime soon.

The puddles of water in this dark place make her think that she woke up in some sort of underground basement or something. She had to find a way outside. But was she the only one in this room? Maybe there are other people.

Natalie walked and wandered, keeping her hands to the walls just in case. That's when she heard talking.

Her body tensed up. She expected to find other people, other students maybe, but knowing her situation, she wasn't sure if it was safe anymore. She approached the room where she heard the noises, and tried to peek in, sneaking just so the puddles wouldn't make a noise.

She saw two girls, looked like they were talking. Natalie didn't really hang out much with either of them, so she couldn't recognize them just by their backs.

The kids at school wouldn't really resort to killing each other... right?

...right?

Deep breaths. Maybe it's best to let them finish talking, judge them to see if they were safe to talk to, maybe it's best if Natalie just stayed put.

And then, Natalie felt her foot slip in a puddle of water. She had lost her balance, and her body fell on the hard floor. The sudden shock of the slip made her yelp out, and the pain from the impact was enough to make her groan.

"Argh... Crap."

So much for sneaking and being quiet.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PlatFleece
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
This situation is something that Natalie would say has gotten from bad to worse. It's bad enough that she woke up in a dark room all by herself, but it turns out she wasn't even alone in the first place. What originally was supposed to be a nice greeting was ruined when she slipped.

Clumsy. Stupid.

And now, while she was on the floor, standing before her, are two girls she didn't exactly know, one of them seems like she could beat her up to a pulp if she tried, and that particular girl doesn't seem so happy to see her. The athletic looking girl is asking her why she was 'sneaking around', telling her not to move. It's only been a few minutes and Natalie's apparently already gotten on someone's bad side. That's not a good sign in a situation like this.

So many words went through her mind at that moment.

I wasn't doing anything. No, that's just too suspicious.

Just wanted to say hi.. Not going to work, if she did, she would've said hi in the first place instead of waiting.

I just happened to be around. ...Seriously? No.

3 seconds, 5 seconds, 7 seconds had passed. Natalie had unconsciously gulped a bit, partly through fear of what might happen next.

She was about 70% sure that most of her classmates wouldn't kill her on sight. She barely knew a lot of people, but now, with the possibility of pissing one off, she's reconsidering those chances. Well, they haven't attacked yet, so they may be friendly, maybe? Finally, she spoke,

"L-Look, I just woke up here, okay... I'm just trying to get the lay of the land, y'know? I know it looks weird, but I wasn't 'sneaking around' or anything..."

Slightly nervous. Stuttering. She can't show any weakness. Not right now. She took a deep breath and worded her next sentence with some confidence.

"I'm not a threat, and I don't think you guys want to kill me, so... yeah"

She looked over at the black haired girl that asked for her name. She seems nicer than the other one.

"As for my name, I was actually about to ask you the same thing..."

Should she tell them? They probably don't know her anyway. Of course she should tell them, it's just a name.

"...I'm Natalie"

Her heart was beating rapidly, hoping that whatever she said was enough to calm them down and maybe consider her friendly.

PlatFleece
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Natalie sensed that everything's finally okay. The girl named Toby had calmed down, or at least she's more relaxed than she was before. At the very least, Natalie probably won't get beaten up, or worse... for now.

Slowly, she got up on her feet. Her back still sore from the fall.

"Can you blame me? Waking up in a dark room after being kidnapped doesn't exactly make me want to waltz around."

At ease from before, she'd regained some of her confidence. This whole situation is still shaking her up a bit, but a way to cope with stress is to think about the next thing she'll do. Get her mind busy. Her daily life has taught her this, and though the circumstances are slightly unusual, it could still work.

She still didn't fully want to open up to these people, not in this kind of situation at least. Not until she can gauge them a little more. She's fine with being on her own, but Natalie knows that survival often means working together with others. Safety in numbers and all that.

If this works, she might gain some allies. If not, well, at least she' won't earn an enemy.

She turned around to the other girl.

"Hey, I never got your- Huh?"

Natalie must've been so focused on the girl known as Toby that she didn't notice that the other one had left. Well, now it's just her and Toby.

Great. Of the two that stayed, it's the one that almost threatened her, looks intimidating, and could probably kill her in a flash if she wanted to.

Natalie took a deep breath.

"Well, at any case. I just recently woke up. You meet anyone else friendly maybe? I'm not keen on staying in this dark hellhole if I can help it."

Natalie kept her distance a bit, but was more relaxed than she was before. Toby had said that she was friendly, but before Natalie could trust her, she had to make sure that Toby could be trusted in the first place.

PlatFleece
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Watching Toby leave gave Natalie mixed feelings. On one hand she was more at ease when she worked independently, in some way. On the other hand, in this situation, it might be better to find some friends.

Sighing deeply, Natalie finally sat down and opened the contents of her bag. Removing the map, rolling it out, and thinking.

Priorities should be food and a place to stay. There's some rations, but where on the island would she get food? Was there even food on the island?

Spending a few minutes thinking about her next course of action, Natalie tapped her head in frustration. She had a list of options, but had no idea which one to pursue.

"Well, the hardest step is always the first right?"

She rolled up her map, packed it in her bag, and went on her way.

((Natalie Winters continued in In A World of Shit))
Edited by PlatFleece, Oct 14 2016, 01:53 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Water Treatment · Next Topic »
Add Reply