Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Time steals us all away one day, does it not?; It robs us of the things we want to hold onto the most. (Open)
Topic Started: Aug 25 2016, 06:02 PM (834 Views)
Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
(Dorothy continued from her possible last word)

Barb wires? Fences? Steep cliff?

That sound like a prison to Dorothy. She was a prisoner of this island too. She imagined the people, hitting the walls of their cells, claiming their innocence. They were accused of horrible things like murder, rape, and scary thing she's rather not think about. The crime varied between the individuals.

But what was Dorothy's? She was punished for nothing. None expect living. Maybe the terrorists thought they were doing God's work by cleaning the filth, or maybe to create fear, hence terror in their name, in the population. The scariest option, however, was simple. Maybe they just did that out of fun, maybe they enjoyed looking at kids killing each other, maybe they kept the recordings of the version to watch when they're born. She truly wondered what made the terrorists tick.

They have a ton of cameras, weapons, and futuristic collar. They had to be rich. To be full of cash, you had to either inherite it or work through for it. She'd have to do research about newly made billionaires if she was to get out of here. Stop this whole thing with crying, blood, pain, death, and stupid wooden sticks.

The mood was up for humor, apparently. She tried to think about a joke involving "kill", but the most logical ones were already taken. She thought about Alex as a source of inspiration. She cleared her throat while she ran her index across the fence. The view was beautiful.

"Hey, hum."

She pushed a little more.

"Is a machete a big knife or a small sword? I know this is out of context but it's annoying me."
Edited by Leaf, Aug 30 2016, 06:32 AM.
me by naft
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dorothy sat down, still clutching her duffel bag like a life buoy. She tried make herself as small as possible, concentrated in one spot. She didn't want the people to look at her. The people watching her from behind the cameras, that is. The idea that someone was enjoying, other than terrorists obviously, watching her scared her. Maybe those people were the teachers from her school or her parents.

Those weren't so bad, chances are, they were worrying about her classmates and herself. However, the idea of voyeurs peeping in to look at kids murdering each other for enjoyement was repulsing. She felt disgusted because of those masked viewers, hiding behind their computers, having their own sick fantasies.

How was she suppose to tell that to Asha and Wayne?

She knew she couldn't just go: "I'm thinking about everybody watching us," or "Hey, do you think the people looking at us are creeps or perverts?" She felt if she did, she would encourage the terrorists, make them win, make them happy. They wanted her to break and to ache, to question herself and kill someone. She wouldn't let them have that victory over her.

Dorothy twirled her finger around the fence. She kept her eyes on the ocean, thinking about swimming away and leaving this island. She wanted to see a ship at large, coming to save them. She wanted to hear a helicopter's gusts of artificial wind. She wanted to be saved from this place.

But nobody was coming. She knew that. Nobody would save them. To save them, they'd have to know where they are, the students had to communicate with the outside world, but how? Doing smoke signals would just bring out students that could be out of blood. And then an idea came.

"I'm thinking about our parents and families and friends back home. Maybe we could talk to them through a camera or write something down and show the message."

She thought about writing a will but she couldn't let the terrorists have a win.
Edited by Leaf, Aug 28 2016, 07:19 PM.
me by naft

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dorothy let a nervous giggle out of a throat then proceeded to repress it. She wanted to add something about their bus crashing into a building or something when Asha's struck her.

Was Asha losing it? Dorothy never heard her say something like that. Maybe she said that kind of stuff on a regular basis when Dot wasn't around but it sounded like Asha was joking, Dot decided to believe it wasn't a big deal. If it was a big deal, then Asha was either losing it or taking the situation really, really nicely. In both cases, Dorothy wanted to stay with her. Friends don't let other friends go insane on murder island, and maybe Asha will help her out too.

She had to keep an eye on her, but she knew she could trust her.

Unlike Wayne. He was playing into Asha's game. Well, kinda. Other than that, she knew nothing about him other than his whole fidgetiness and nervousness. It was normal to be like that. Heck, even Dorothy wanted to stress eat the fear away and she was scared of every noises. Something about him was off, though. Chances are, he was thinking the same about the girls, especially Asha with her whole nihilistic view on the game and maybe even Dorothy with her random giggling. At this point, it was too early to decide if Wayne was a foe and he was a good guy.

He was someone else she had to keep her eye on.

After listening to their exchange, she realized it was her turn to speak. So she decide to investigate the idea of-

"Accepting death, uh?"

It was supposed to be a thought, but she blurt that out like an idiot. Whoops, that slipped out of her mouth like a bug inside a shoe. Well, looked like she had to finish the sentence,

"I... I'd rather not. I mean, yeah I'm probably going to die, but... I don't know. I just don't want to."
me by naft

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
"I think..."

She bit her tongue. Not hard enough to draw blood but enough to shut her up. Don't say something you'll regret, she thought. She couldn't just say "well, we should all join hands and leap off a building" or something like that. No, she had to be thoughtful.

But...how the hell can you be thoughtful and caring and whatnot here? It was just a matter of time before their primal instinct kicked in. Just one misplaced word, and all of their teetering lives will go fall. She had to bring the subject up, she couldn't just forget it and procrastinate it. There was no way she could hide behind a black curtain or shove it in a box then throw it away.

It was an obvious point, one of them will flip. One of them - Asha, Wayne, Dot - will lose their final bit of sanity and they'll become a time bomb. Just waiting to explode and steal the lives of those around them while taking themselves down. It was a matter of days, hours, maybe even minutes before their group implodes.

"I think you make sense Asha, but I can't afford letting them take my life and my, uh, person? Or is it morals? I don't know, but you get it right? I'm fine with you accepting death, but, for me, I just can't. I have to believe in hope and life because if I stopped... I think I'd just shutdown"

She hoped she didn't come off as scrambled. She did that sometimes, and people had to ask her what was she talking about to understand her. She had to finish with a strong point if that was the case.

"I... I'll accept my death when I'll be dead, not before."
me by naft

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dorothy just felt like disappearing, but such luxury isn't possible. She simply thought about swimming in the oceans, going under the waves, seeing the fish doing their little fishy things.

She thought about it, swimming and all of that. Maybe she should have tried to become better at something important like running or fitness. She could have stand a chance to survive. To come back home, see her parents, see everyone - but for all of her classmates - that loved her again.

Yet, she didn't want to go home that way. She didn't want to kill anyone. Somebody could figure out a way to escape or somebody could get them off the island. That's why she didn't want to accept death.

If she accepted death, she accepted killing. She would have to accept the pain, the violence, the sadness that came with it. So instead, she accepted life. Even though somebody could be saying she was lying to herself, or living in denial, Dot believed in life and its promises.

She was stuck in this kill-or-die situation, and she dumbly believed in her own lies. At one point, Asha will die. Brendan will die. Dorothy will die. Even Wayne, who she knew for about 30 minutes, will die. Everyone around her is going to die, yet she believed in life. She believed in a better tomorrow, and she wanted to make sure it could - no, will - happen.

By denying death, she felt a certain serenity. A calmness that once was a tornado raging in her head. With that clearance, she decided to speak up.

"I want to do nice thing, you know? I want to help people here, maybe patch 'em up or hug them. I just want somebody to remember this island had kids on it and we had lives, and we're not some aliens from another world fighting each other."

She stopped and thought about what she said. Asha and Dot were saying the same thing. Or at least, Dorothy was thinking similarly to Asha, just not believing in the same fundamental aspect. Their friendship could survive that.
me by naft

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dot felt like this was going nowhere. It wasn't a bad thing though, she'd loved to stay there all day. She felt like a statue, there to be seen, unmoving. She thought about it, along with researching for newly made billionaires in the beginning of the century, she could maybe review the footage of this program or whatever they called it.

She could become an artist, using this experience positively and making an impact. She had to get out of there first, though. Better to start thinking about the present and not the blurry future. However, knowing she could possibly grow out of this experience made her feel somewhat happy along with the serenity.

It sure was a horrible tragedy, but in Dorothy's mind, it was just another day, but with more weapons and less wifi. A smile drew itself on her face, cutting her mouth in half as she blankly stared at the fence. But suddenly, her smile disappeared from a passing thought. Her empty gaze shifted from the fence and the ocean to her companions.

"You think... You think someone's dead already?"
Edited by Leaf, Sep 16 2016, 09:34 AM.
me by naft

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dot sighed.

All the places on the island were places she didn't want to go. All of them were scary, unknown, dark, weird, nasty, dangerous, but the spot she was in right now. She didn't know the how the island looked, and she didn't wanted to learn about it. She knew she couldn't just ignore it and go blind into this experience but her stubborness got the better of her and she didn't pull out her map. She saw a glimpse of it though, the ocean and a bit of a staff block. She kinda wanted to go there. There should be beds and maybe running water, or she didn't read it well and it was just a block made of staves or something like that.

She wanted to stay silent. She wanted to say nothing that could sound sad like how she wanted to stay there and do nothing. Dorothy thought that was sad because that'd implied she would just die there, just stay there like a tree against the elements, getting rained on and maybe even hacked down at one point. Being a tree, despite the whole photosynthesis and living-for-a-long-time part, sounded rough. The whole depending on the right condition was annoying and the fact you could get eaten as a seed by something like a bird or rotten from the inside because of a parasite, but when you're set, you stay there. You don't move, you just look at the world grow.

There were trees that were older than her parents, grand-parents, great-grand-parents and so on, and she wanted to see them. Maybe there were some on this island? Really big trees like the height of a house and thick and all of that, were would they be though? This island had somekind of a depot, a staff block, and an asylum, if she understood Wayne right.

Wait, asylum. Maybe this was a loonie island? What could be on this kind of island? Still against the idea of looking at her map, she stood up. She wished she had read more about those kind of islands. She could have learned about their position and know what was on that island. In the end, she used her parents' collection of movies as a reference.

If it was like Alcatraz, there must have been a lighthouse. A lighthouse sounded like a nice place with the words ''light'' and ''house'' together. If they were lucky, they could even find out who took care of it before the island was abandonned. Unless the island was never abandonned and the residents just all died before they could leave and the terrorists just removed the corpses. The thought of burly men carrying body bags, knowing that her fate could literally be in their hand sent chills down her back.

However, she didn't know there actually was no lighthouse before she opened her mouth,

''We could like... go to the lighthouse or something? I don't know. For places, I don't want to go, well, I think that place where we were just earlier is my answer because of that guy.''

me by naft

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dorothy got up, and she looked behind her shoulder. She absorb the view one last time. She wanted to go for a swim, maybe she could do that later? She had to find some kind of swimsuit and towels. Maybe even a working shower to get the salt off her until rescue would come.

She turned back, seeing her friends walking faster and faster away from her. She had to catch up, it would suck to be left there without people to turn to. She didn't want to be alone. She gazed at them, daydreaming for a second or two, then opened her mouth,

''I'm coming!''

With that, she ran toward them with a smile on and a bag on her shoulders.

((Dot went somewhere else))
me by naft

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Northwest Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply