Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aaaaaand he's gone.; Open, in case it needed to be specified.
Topic Started: Aug 24 2016, 02:17 PM (1,221 Views)
Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Brendan Harte continued from No Way To Survive))

Brendan was uneasy as he approached the cabin and he just hesitated outside of the entrance. He didn't know why he didn't want to waltzes right in. He just had a bad gut feeling. And he actually thought it would be a good idea for him to go here. He really needed to make up his mind. He needed to stop being so scared. He just needed to open the door and....

There might be someone waiting in there with a gun or a knife or something else that is better than your silly little can, Brendan. You can always just run away again, you know.

No, no. Brendan tried to block out the negative thoughts. He needed to be strong. His hand reached out to the door. He then paused. Should he at least use his can of cat food as a distraction? If someone was prepared to attack.... Maybe not out of the desperation of killing to get back home. But well.... To protect themselves out of fear? He hoped that he wasn't thinking in a naive way. He was now just pondering.

He decided against getting the can out. He knew that it might not be a smart move for him to do. He stared at the door. And he wondered if he could find anything in there. Maybe a better weapon. Which he did need. He took a step back from the door as he thought that he heard something and he just stayed there. Was it just his imagination going a bit crazy? He had no idea.

He needed to stop being like this. He just needed to go in and seeing if anyone was in there. It might have just been an animal anyway. He would feel even more foolish if he got terrified by an animal. He moved back towards the door and his hand gripped onto the handle.

He slowly pushed it open and he let out a shaky breath that he had been holding in. Then he peek inside of the cabin. He wasn't going to go inside yet. He was trying to be cautious.
Edited by Primrosette, Jan 19 2017, 08:52 AM.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan let out a startled gasp as he heard the screaming and he jumped back a little. His heart was beating like crazy and he needed a few seconds to calm himself down. He didn't suspect that someone would yell the instant he opened the door. Well, at least he wasn't getting shot or stabbed right away. It was a dark thought. But being screamed at sounded much better. He took a few breaths and he felt himself relaxing a little. How should he approach this? Maybe he could just say who he was. He needed to see who it was as well. He didn't get a chance to see who it was yet.

Brendan pushed the door open more fully this time and he was raised his hands up. To show that he didn't want to cause any harm. He wasn't going to be the one to randomly attack someone out of nowhere. He stared at the boy and he actually recognized him. Kind of. Jerry Fury. They weren't friends really. But Brendan was fine with that. Until he saw the knife and started to panic on the inside. He wasn't going to run away this time.

"H-Hey, I'm not going to um.... hurt you. Okay? It's Brendan. Brendan Harte." His words were coming out in a nervous, shaky tone and he kept his eyes fixed on Jerry and the knife. "I didn't-"

Brendan was suddenly shut up by another voice. A girl's voice. Someone else was in here? Brendan felt himself tense up. But he didn't move from where he was in the doorway. He didn't want Jerry to suddenly hurt him. Brendan waited for Jerry to say something. It was all that he could do at the moment. Brendan still needed a better weapon but he was going to wait until this situation was defused. Without the need of violence.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was nervous. Of course, he was freaking nervous. Jerry wasn't? He found that hard to believe after what had just happened beforehand. This situation wasn't getting any better when the girl spoke up. Ah, Brendan kind of knew her. Nadia. Photographer. Didn't interact with her that much. Also Ben Fields was with Jerry. Brendan wasn't sure about that. He was sure that he hadn't seen him on the way to the cabin. Maybe Ben had hid somewhere so Brendan wouldn't have noticed him being around. It didn't really matter that much now.

Brendan stepped further into the cabin away from Jerry and he slowly began to lower his shaky hands. He really didn't want things to go from bad to worse with Jerry. "....L-Look, I just want to have a look around here. I don't want to have a fight. I just want to find my friends...." He was keeping an eye on Jerry and he didn't move from where he was. "....Okay, so you're with Ben. Can you please lower the knife, Jerry...?"

He just wanted to go and sit down. He felt tired. But he didn't dare take another step. Even though he just wanted to rest. He didn't want to suddenly get attacked from behind if he turned away from Jerry. That would be a foolish thing for Brendan to do. Besides, Brendan wasn't going to be trusting Nadia or Jerry yet.
Edited by Primrosette, Sep 4 2016, 01:22 PM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, fuck you too, buddy.

Brendan just thought of that suddenly. It kind of surprised him to think of swearing back at Jerry. He was relieved that he didn't say it. It would probably just make Jerry acting more like a threat. And he didn't want Jerry's weapon to be used on him. He really just wanted Jerry to calm down. He noticed that Nadia was trying to help. But would it work? Why was Jerry giving him a strange look?

Brendan raised an eyebrow and he took a step forward towards the stairs. "H-Hey.... Can you just chill out for a second?" Brendan was trying to sound polite, but he just sounded more irritated. Which he was to be honest. He wished that he had stayed at the gym now. But he made the choice to leave. It was his own fault and he had to accept it. He was still watching Jerry closely. He didn't trust him. Nadia seemed like she would be okay to ally with. "Y-You're not being helpful at all. Is it okay if I go upstairs...? I just want to have a look around. Uh.... Without you stabbing me in the back."

Brendan's voice had been quiet but he sounded a little more confident than he thought he would. If Jerry continued to be a nuisance.... Brendan wasn't sure what he would do. Maybe stay downstairs? He would possibly be safer with Nadia. He wasn't going to attack Jerry. That could lead Jerry to killing him. And he really didn't want that to happen.

Brendan glanced over to where Nadia was and he smiled a bit. He had to show her that he didn't pose as a threat. "Nadia...? Have you seen anyone yet...? Like Alba? Bernadette? Ty? Or Maxim?" He asked curiously. Did she know them? He would feel embarrassed if she didn't. He should have thought about it before asking that. He looked back at Jerry who was in the way. He really didn't want to get into a fight.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Now Jerry was really threatening to kill him? Brendan really didn't want that to happen. If he died now, he would never find his friends. Maybe one of them would find his corpse- No, he couldn't think about that right now. That was a thought that he wanted to hide into the back of his mind. Lock it away. Still he wished that Jerry didn't have the weapon. Brendan had a feeling that the terrorists were enjoying this. Like it was all a sick joke.

Brendan felt more relieved to hear that Nadia had seen at least one of his friends. Maxim. What would he do in this life and death situation? Brendan needed to find him and the others soon. He couldn't handle it if any of them would kill or be dead. He shivered at the thought. Would people actually start to kill this early? Maybe. And that actually scared Brendan.

Brendan nodded towards Nadia. "Thanks for the heads up, Nadia. The bridge, huh? I'll go over to have a look at the asylum after I am done here." He said, feeling happy to hear about Maxim. But then he felt a pang of worry. "Uh.... Yes, I should make sure to be careful. I wouldn't want to get ambushed by someone with a... gun."

Brendan took a few steps backwards so that he was out of Jerry's way and he kept an eye on him cautiously. Jerry would go up there too? He didn't really want to be in Jerry's unwanted company anymore. He would rather have Nadia with him because she wasn't being unreasonable like Jerry. Actually Brendan thought that it would be a good idea if she came upstairs with him. Away from being stabbed for no reason.

"A-Actually, Nadia. Would you like to come with me? Um.... Upstairs, I mean."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan stared up at Jerry when he changed his mind. So he wanted to make sure that upstairs was safe? Brendan was starting to feel confused about Jerry going from threatening to kill him to the role of trying to be the good guy. Nadia didn't seem to be objecting to Jerry's suggestion. So Brendan decided that he should just agree to keep the peace between the three of them.

"Uh.... Sure. You can do that, Jerry."

Brendan shifted slightly on his feet. He guessed that meant that he should stay downstairs. That was possibly the better option for him. Brendan still wanted to explore but he will wait until Jerry was done trying to be the.... hero. Should he just go and sit down like Nadia? He did want to have a look through his bag again. He was still watching Jerry on the stairs.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan waited patiently until Jerry spoke about upstairs being clear. He was about to let out a sigh of relief but he stopped himself from doing so as Nadia came up with a good question. It almost felt like they were in a horror movie. The three of them in an abandoned cabin and that a possible killer could be upstairs. Waiting to take them out one by one. He shivered at that. He didn't want to think about it. It did make him worry for Jerry's safety. A little.

Brendan glanced up the stairs, thinking about what he should do. Join Nadia? Join Jerry? Make them stay together? Become allies and have each others' backs? What about weapons?

He cleared his throat, licking his lips lightly. He was feeling thirsty again. He was also a bit hungry. Which was odd as he was still remembering Mr. Graham's death. Maybe he wasn't as traumatized by the man's murder as he thought he would be. Brendan had no idea why.

"H-Hey, Jerry. Thank you for checking up there. But.... Maybe you could come back down and maybe we could come up with a plan of what we should do." He suggested as he took a few steps towards where Nadia was sitting. He wasn't going to sit down. Not yet anyway. "W....We could work together. Right?"

He hoped he found some people willing to ally with him. Even if he and Jerry did get off to a bad start. He placed his bag down on the ground and he kneeled down. He unzipped the bag and he got out his 'weapon', raising an eyebrow.

"I got this out in case you wanted to know what my so-called weapon is." Brendan could feel himself getting red in the face and he felt embarrassed. "I....I'm not a threat to you or Jerry."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan glanced at the walkie talkie thoughtfully. Nadia said that she had an extra one. It wasn't useful as a weapon. But what if there was a chance that they could get separated later on? Maybe he could ask her if he could borrow it. Did they both work? It would be a good idea to check and make sure that they do.

"Maybe we-"

Brendan was suddenly interrupted by Jerry's yelling. It made him jump in surprise and he raised his free hand to his chest. His heart was beating like crazy. Was there really a killer there with them?! Oh. No. False alarm. Jerry was talking about some vomit. Which made Brendan cringe a little. At least Jerry wasn't getting attacked by-

Brendan heard some crashing noises and he turned around to look at the stairs. There was Jerry. On the ground. And possibly in pain. Maybe Brendan should check on him to make sure that he was alright and not too badly injuried.

Brendan started to approach where Jerry was laying on the ground and he quickened his pace. "H-Hey.... Uh...." Brendan had no idea what to say. He couldn't ask if he was okay. Because Jerry was not okay. At least Brendan didn't think he was. "....L....Let me help you up, Jerry."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan stared at the stairs after he had helped Jerry up. He still wondered if he should check upstairs. It seemed like the three of them were safe. Now that no one had appeared at the top of the stairs with a gun or a knife or something else. He felt hesitant to go up. Maybe he could find something to protect himself downstairs. He just wanted to not get serparated from the other two. Because he thought that something might happen.

Brendan was feeling more relieved when Jerry had put his weapon away. At least now he wasn't being too much of a threat. Brendan was still going to keep a cautious eye on Jerry. Just in case....

"Well, I guess we are safe for now...." Brendan was unsure. How long would they really be safe? What if they turned on each other? Kill each other? Don't get paranoid, Brendan. "....The truth is.... I actually came here to see if I would find a better weapon... To defend myself with."

Brendan thought that there was no point in him lying to Nadia and Jerry. He couldn't pretend that the can would be useful to him. What would he even be able to do with it? Nothing helpful.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan listened patiently as Nadia and Jerry were talking to him. He already had a feeling that there would be no guns in the cabin. Brendan wouldn't want to touch a gun. He was terrified at the thought of having to use a gun on someone else. He didn't want to resort to killing anyone. He didn't want to be seen as a killer. A murderer. The best thing that he could do is try to keep things together. Be a good person. A good human being.

"....I'll see if I can find something useful up there. I'll see if I can find something for you as well, Nadia...." Brendan spoke as he moved over to his bag and he placed the can down beside it. Then he paused. Could he trust them not to steal anything from his bag? Should he risk it and see if they are decent enough as possible allies? "U-Uh, well, I'll be going upstairs now. I'll try to be careful and not injury myself."

Brendan hesitated for a few seconds. Then he decided to just leave his bag behind and he headed towards the stairs. Being as cautious as he could as he went up to search around.
Edited by Primrosette, Sep 18 2016, 05:55 PM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was relieved when he made it up the upstairs without falling down them like Jerry did. He made sure to be careful not to step in the puddle of sick and he moved around it. It actually made him feel a bit ill himself. Then he thought that pile made it clear that someone had been here before them. So they must have been long gone now. Brendan didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe a good thing. He didn't really want to think about it too much. All he wanted to do is at least find weapons for himself and Nadia. He wanted the both of them to be safer with better protection. Jerry was fine with his own weapon anyway. So Brendan didn't have to worry about him too much. Although, Nadia was unarmed and Jerry was armed. What if....

Jerry is going to kill her, Brendan. You know that he will and then you will be next-

Brendan shook his head and he frowned in dismay. He couldn't get this paranoid. Otherwise, he would suspect everyone of being would-be killers. That wouldn't be fair. He knew it wouldn't be. He can't be too untrusting. But he can't be too trusting either. He knew that. He could give others the benefit of the doubt. But then he couldn't really make any of the others trust him.

Brendan did a once-over over everything in the rooms. He was feeling frustrated as he found nothing of use. Then he looked at the window. Glass. Glass would be a very helpful weapon to defend himself with. Would Nadia go for it too? He glanced around the bedroom and he felt lucky when he saw a chair. It looked dusty and rotting. But it was better than nothing. He picked up the chair and he took a deep breath. Before swinging it towards the window.

Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan watched as the window shatter after the chair connected with it and glass was falling everywhere. Some of it went out of the window. Possibly landing on the ground, a bush, anything that he could think of. Some of the glass was on the window. Most of them were smaller shards of glass. While the bigger shards were on the floor in the bedroom with him. Brendan thought that it was better to get the ones that were huge compared to the tiny ones. One for him. One for Nadia. It would be perfect!

Suddenly he realized that Jerry and Nadia would have heard the noise that he had made up here. He wondered if they were panicking right now. Thinking that there was someone else up there with him. He would have to put their minds at ease after he was done in this room. He should have called out to them before about what he was about to do. But it was too late now. And he will have to deal with it soon.

Brendan focused back onto what he was doing before his thoughts of the other two. He placed the chair back down. Then he crouched down and he stared at the shards for a while. Should he check how sharp they were? Just prick his finger and see if he bled a little or not. That was definitely a dark thought. But he didn't want these to be useless for him and Nadia.

Brendan sighed in frustration. He needed to stop having doubts about things. He just needed to take a risk. It was for survival as much as he didn't want to admit it to himself. He reached out to one of the long shard and he touched the end with his left index finger.

"...O-Ow...."

Brendan stared at the red dot of blood on his finger and he nodded his head. As if to confirm that that piece of glass was good enough for him. He put that piece into his hoodie's pocket and he search for another one. He wanted to check if Nadia would take it. He got back up as he got another piece of glass and he held it as carefully as he could in his right hand. He didn't want to actually cut himself. Jerry and Nadia would think that he was a complete imbecile if he did so.

He stepped out of the bedroom and he headed towards the stairs. He could see that Jerry was standing there, looking all paranoid with his knife out once again. "Uh.... S-Sorry, guys. That was just me. I broke a window as I thought that the glass would be a good weapon to use for self-defence. I should have warned you before I did it. Ha...." Brendan let out a small awkward laugh as he headed down the stairs and he felt really embarrassed for his behaviour. "....This shard that I am holding is for Nadia, Jerry. I-If she wants it...."

Brendan made his way pass Jerry and he placed the shard onto the couch for Nadia. He decided that he was going to leave as he was done with the place and he had a pretty useful weapon for the time being. He wondered whether or not, the other two would go with him. He stepped over to where his bag was and he put the can that was laying next to it inside of it. He got out the map to have a look at it and he knew where he would head next. He put the map back into his bag. Then he zipped it back up and he turned back to look at where the other two were standing.

"I'm going to leave now as I am finished here and I really want to see if I can find any of my friends...." He said to them as he moved slowly towards the front door and he give them both a small smile. "Uh..... You two can decide if you would like to come with me or not. It's really your own choice. Anyway, if you don't want to. Then this is goodbye for now, guys. So, u-um.... bye...."

Then he headed out of the cabin to get to his next location.

((Brendan Harte continued Just Three People In A Messed Up Place))
Edited by Primrosette, Sep 26 2016, 07:54 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Hunting Cabin · Next Topic »
Add Reply