Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Aaaaaand he's gone.; Open, in case it needed to be specified.
Topic Started: Aug 24 2016, 02:17 PM (1,122 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Nadia Riva continued from The Strange Case of Nadia))

Nadia sighed as she got off the ground, brushing any grass or dirt that was on her skirt. She opened her bag and placed her water bottle back into her bag. She had taken a few minutes to relax after she had made her way across the bridge. She didn't see anyone on the bridge, but once she started walking across it, she realized how open she was. Anyone could suddenly appear before or behind her, and the only way to avoid them would be to go over the edge. That was the less pleasing option, so she opted to simply run as quickly as she could across the bridge.

Once she was across, she needed to take a moment to catch her breath and drink some water. She didn't want to stay in the open, so she got off the path and disappeared into the wilderness. She found a quiet looking area and took a moment to rest. It also gave her time to get her surroundings in order. Looking at the map, she was slightly abhorred to realize she woke up in an asylum. In fact, the notion that the whole island was based around an asylum was discomforting. This place was probably already haunted, and now it was going to be the hosting site for a large scale mass murder.

Nadia didn't want to think about that. It was bad enough she was screwed on the weapon front and was likely to die in the next few days, but she wanted to think about the familiar ghosts and monsters instead of the figurative ones. Those somehow now made up a good chunk of the students at Cochise High School, so she needed to plan accordingly.

For now, she needed to find a better place to hide or search for supplies. She wasn't expecting to find much, but there had to be something more useful in a fight than walkie talkies. She figured there would be a lot of people heading to the buildings, but maybe if she started with one slightly out of the way, she'd be less likely to find anyone dangerous. With that, she began to walk along the coastline.

She soon found herself approaching the hunting cabin, right when she heard the sound of a bell ringing. While she briefly pondered if church was in session, she pushed it out of her mind and decided to keep going towards the cabin. Nadia was now facing the back of the cabin. She spied the backdoor over to the side. She moaned to herself. This was either going to be really dumb and get her killed, or possibly be something that could benefit her. Nadia wasn't sure if anyone was inside, but she could at least check it out.

Nadia reached into her bag and pulled out one of the walkie talkies. She didn't have anything lethal on hand, but someone like this could probably be painful if applied with enough force. At the very least, it would tell people that she didn't have much, so they might not hurt her.

She walked over to the door and crouched down onto one knee. She put her free hand on the doorknob and the other on the door itself. She slowly turned the knob, then pushed the door open as quietly as she could. Once it was open wide enough, she was ready to move inside.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia slowly walked into the cabin, making sure to quietly close the door. The last thing she needed was to be as stealthy as the Wet Bandits, so if that meant taking a little extra time to close a door, she'd take it. There didn't seem to be anyone in the immediate area, so she could quietly move in.

Nadia tried to slowly walk further into the cabin. Her hand tightened around the walkie talkie. It still didn't feel that comforting as a survival tool. She knew she was immediately outclassed if anyone with so much as a butter knife approached her. If it came to it, she might have to physically fight someone. She was heavier than most girls, and she could try to remember some of the moves Rod used in his wrestling matches, if it was possible to remember how to do them.

As she slowly walked down the hall, she could slightly see what looked like a large open space. If she had to guess, this was where it was likely she'd run into some of her classmates. She couldn't hear anything at the moment, so she wasn't sure if anyone was actually there. Either way, it was important to be quiet.

At least, it would be, if the floorboard she stepped on wasn't so worn that it made a loud creaking sound. Nadia froze in place and shut her eyes as hard as she could.

"Motherfucker..." she quietly muttered to herself.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia kept her eyes closed as she heard someone in the other room shout loudly and wildly. If she was about to be done in due to aged wood, she was never going to hear the end of it once Rod or her sister got to Heaven. She opened her eyes and held up the walkie talkie, keeping it close to her head and her other had in a fist in front of her chest. She had no idea if the shouter was going to run into the hall and attack her, but she needed to at least be ready.

The boy, his voice cracking like a frozen lake with a herd of buffaloes running across it, asked to know who the hell she was. Nadia let out a moan, then replied.

"Hey, chill out!" she said. "I'm just passing through!"

Nadia wasn't aware that the boy's attention was drawn towards another person. If she had known he was speaking to another person, she would have kept her mouth shut and tried to sneak by. But now she made it quite clear she was in the cabin, and that she had made herself known to those inside.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia heard another boy shouting, saying he was Brendan Harte. Great. Now she was in a place with one loud, unstable person and one other person she wasn't sure how to deal with. She finally crept out from where she was and into the main room of the cabin. She could see Brendan and the other guy: Jerry Fury. He was a fighter and a braggart, and now he was overselling his calmness. Brendan was a swimmer and someone she only knew from a few classes. They were senior class peers, no one she was close to, but no one she was on bad terms with.

Jerry was, however, holding a knife, and being crazy, loud, and flailing a knife around was a recipe for disaster. Nadia remained on the other side of the room, keeping the walkie talkie in sight. Jerry was also saying there was someone else around. Ben Fields. He said he was waiting for Ben, but wasn't around. Nadia bit her lip. Separating from your friends and disappearing in a game like this usually was because of one unpleasant reason, so Nadia had to wonder to herself if Ben was taken out and if someone else was already playing.

Not that she was going to suggest that to Jerry, not while he still had a knife in hand.

"Okay, you're not nervous, I believe you," Nadia said to Jerry, her tone slightly sarcastic, "but how about keeping it down? We don't know who else is lurking here."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia raised an eyebrow as Jerry continued his performance. Brendan had asked Jerry to put it down, and Jerry had in turn responded that the knife was his baby. She could almost find this comical, if it wasn't actually pretty sad. Maybe the gravity of the situation was already turning Jerry's brain into putty. Either way, Nadia didn't want that knife to become intimate with her stomach, so she was going to keep her distance from Jerry.

"Okay," Nadia said. "So you haven't checked the upstairs yet. Fine. But please, take a moment to cool your jets. If someone is upstairs, you're not helping by acting so antsy."

Nadia sighed and gave a quick glance over to Brendan. This was getting absurd, and she hoped it wouldn't turn out to be a colossal fuck-up.

"Just a thought."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And now Jerry was threatening murder if they told him to calm down one more time. That was exactly what Nadia was afraid of. He was likely too dangerous to stay around, so she started to hope he'd vanish into the upstairs area and be out of her sight for the rest of her time here. It also didn't help he was making comments to Brendan that sounded like vague threats. At the very least, Nadia hoped they'd stay geared towards Brendan so she wouldn't have to face Jerry's fury.

Brendan did ask her if she saw anyone else. He rattled off a few names, some familiar, some not. One she recognized.

"I haven't seen the first three," Nadia said. "I did see Maxim earlier."

Nadia pointed in the direction she was sure led to the bridge.

"On the other side of the bridge is an old asylum. I saw him there about an hour or so ago. I don't know if he's still there, but that's likely where you'll find him. It's a big building, so you'd probably need to be careful if you're going to search around."

Her eyes briefly darted towards Jerry, then back to Brendan.

"You never know who's around."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia quietly listened to Brendan's request. Why did he want her to go upstairs? Would she somehow inspire confidence in him as he searched the halls and rooms up there? She wasn't that tough in a fight, and her walkie talkie was pretty pathetic. Nadia didn't see any reason to go upstairs, especially when she knew the downstairs was clear and had exits within sight.

Then Jerry decided to one-up Brendan by offering to go check the upstairs first, owing to his weapon draw as reason why. Nadia wouldn't disagree with that. He did have a better weapon than her and Brendan (whatever Brendan had), and she really didn't see any reason why she wouldn't let him go up. It was kind of harsh to think about, but if people were going crazy and going to start killing each other, Nadia wouldn't necessarily mind letting Jerry take the dive into the unknown area. He had already shown to be quite unstable and a braggart, so perhaps it'd be safer for her, and by extension Brendan, if he checked it out.

"Okay, Jerry," Nadia said, gesturing to the upstairs. "If you want to, go ahead. I won't stop you."

Nadia walked over to a nearby couch and sat down. The couch didn't look very comfy, but even she needed a break.

"Feel free to shout if anything happens."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia sat patiently, flexing her hands and stretching her legs a bit. Jerry was free to search the upstairs, but she wanted to be ready to bolt if she had to. She exerted herself a bit when she ran across the bridge, and so she needed to build some energy up if there was some Boogeyman upstairs waiting to pick off everyone in the cabin. Either way, she wanted to feel comfortable on the old couch.

She cricked her neck as Jerry said the coast was clear. Nadia let out a long exhale.

"Great," Nadia said. "Are you absolutely sure? Cause those would be horrible final words if there was someone upstairs."

Nadia pulled her bag onto her lap and began to search through. She had no idea when she last ate, so she was feeling slightly peckish. Brendan had been quiet, but Nadia wasn't going to disturb him. Not when she could at least see if the crackers in the tin she found were any good.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia began to nibble on one cracker. It wasn't that great, and sadly it was likely all she'd get to eat along with the bread and ration bars. She suddenly didn't feel like eating much more, so she put the tin back in her bag. As she did, Brendan came over. He was talking about the three of them making a plan or allying. Nadia raised an eyebrow, especially when he revealed his weapon.

"Cat food? Really?" Nadia muttered.

Brendan said it was to show he wasn't a threat. Nadia held up the one walkie talkie she had.

"I got this along with an extra," Nadia said. "So we're both on the low end of the threat spectrum."

Before Nadia could say more, Jerry was back to shouting again. At first, she was worried her snark about there being someone deadly up there was about to be proven true, but it was just vomit. Nadia rolled her eyes. That wasn't worth screaming about, not on Murder Island.

"Um, I think-"

Before she could say anything, there was a loud crashing sound. She jumped off the couch and turned to face the sound. Jerry had fallen down the last few stairs and flat onto the ground. She grimaced at the sight.

"That can't be good," she said.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia remained in place as Jerry continued his howling. Brendan stepped up to go check him out. Nadia turned away from the boys as Brendan helped Jerry up. Jerry wasn't hurt terribly, although Nadia had to wonder if this would further rattle him compared to before.

Jerry noted that this must have made it clear no one was upstairs. Despite that, Nadia turned to look at the stairs in case someone did come rushing down to attack. It looked clear, so perhaps Jerry's tumble had ensured the three of them were the only ones in the cabin. Nadia sighed.

"Yeah, I guess we're in the clear," Nadia said.

"Well, relatively."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia watched quietly as Brendan and Jerry spoke. She then sat back down on her place on the couch, with Jerry sitting on the other couch. Brendan wanted better weapons, and Jerry was keen on keeping his knife. Nadia would have thought that Jerry would have considered that maybe he'd want to trade after falling on his knife, but it probably would be suicidal to toss away any decent weapon at this point. Nadia could consider tossing one of her walkie talkies if the situation called for it, such as at someone's head, but that wasn't likely to help.

"Yeah, I'd like a better weapon too," Nadia said. "But I don't think we'll stumble upon anything like a machine gun here. If anything, they probably want us to get creative with weaponry."

Nadia looked around the cabin. There were probably plenty of things to make weapons of if they thought creatively. A table leg or a broom handle could be made a weapon, especially if they had extra nails or glass added to them. She put her hand to her chin.

"I mean, I don't know if anyone would mind if we took this place apart. But you can look upstairs if you want," Nadia told Brendan.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Okay, good luck," Nadia said, turning away from Brendan.

She let out a sigh and turned back to Jerry, who was sitting there twiddling his thumbs. Nadia cleared her throat.

"Well, what do you think?" she asked. "Anything here look like it might be good for defense?"

Nadia shifted in her seat a bit.

"I mean, nothing here's gonna be too great, but at the very least, I'd feel better swinging a table leg around than putting one of these walkie talkies in my sock and whacking people with it."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia raised an eyebrow at Jerry's snapping. What was his beef? Wait, she knew the answer to that. Everything came back to the terrorists and the awful predicament they were all in. There wasn't anything deeper to Jerry's issues that could be linked to something cliched like mommy issues or a small dick. Either way, Nadia wasn't going to feed the beast.

"No, I'm sure I can do it," she said.

Nadia slowly got up and began to walk away from the couch. Brendan was still looking around upstairs, so she could look in one of the rooms downstairs. She was about to leave the room when she heard the sound of glass being smashed. Jerry reacted predictably, and was now at the bottom of the stairs, knife in hand. Nadia backed herself against the nearest wall, clutching her walkie talkie.

Her eyes began to dart around the room. If shit was really about to go down, the best thing for Nadia to do would be to bolt. She could get to the back door and out if there really was somewhere upstairs. But then again, this could be like back at the asylum when she had to deal with that other bitch.

Either way, Nadia was prepared to bolt if need be.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia remained in place as Brendan reappeared. She kept her back to the wall and her grip on the walkie talkie. Brendan awkwardly explained that he broke a window and left glass for Nadia. He then sauntered to the couch to leave it there instead of walking over to her or asking if she wanted it before leaving the cabin. Nadia raised one eyebrow at the entire display, and Jerry even had to ask her if she understood any of that.

"Not really," Nadia said, shaking her head. "I mean, I get what he was doing, but I don't know why he left before seeing if I even wanted it."

Nadia walked over to the couch and picked up the shard of glass. It looked sharp enough to end someone's life, but it also seemed too impractical. Nadia was sure she could cut her hand on it, or break it the first time she tried to stab someone with it. She merely held the shard in her hands and looked at Jerry.

"Honestly, I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm probably not going to use this. I'd like my hands to not become bloody and useless the minute I try to defend myself with this."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, I'm going to do that," Nadia said, setting the glass shard back on the arm of the couch.

She rubbed her hands together, still feeling the edge of the glass on her hands. Jerry then asked what she wanted to do. Nadia had to pause and think. Traveling together would be smart, since Jerry at least had a lethal weapon. However, she had already seen how he acted under stress, even when it was merely about who was smashing windows.

"Yeah, it's likely someone has already snapped. I mean, someone's going to get too stressed or too wrapped up in the idea of being killed that they've likely offed someone already," she said.

Nadia looked around.

"I think right now, I'd like to at least find something to use in the cabin. Then we can decide what to do next."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Hunting Cabin · Next Topic »
Add Reply