Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
人生の曲; Song of Life; Open
Topic Started: Aug 21 2016, 12:16 PM (2,569 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Nancy Kyle continued from デビュー.))

Nancy had just stepped onto the landing of the first floor when she'd heard the bell.

Nancy was drawn to it like a moth to a flame, so she looked around her before sneaking out the back door of the asylum and looking up at the bell tower.

"Nancy-chan's... going to get a better view," she said, to no one, "Stay tuned, minna-san."

She entered the bell tower and began to climb, not being particularly careful or quiet. She looked up the whole way, until she eventually made it to the top.

There it was. The bell. She contemplated ringing it again, but decided against it and sat down against one of the walls of the belfry. She placed the hatchet down beside her, and breathed in deeply, looking out to the island.

It was a moment of calm, and Nancy decided it would be best to savor it, before someone else came barging in.

Because that's just what she'd come to expect.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, that was fast.

Nancy placed her hand on the hatchet and sat up straight as the sound of footsteps faded in. Someone was coming. She sat there, waiting to see who would pop their head up from the stairwell. She adjusted her sitting position so that she could spring up quickly if she needed to.

And then there was a Jeremy.

"Oh," Nancy said. Not a 'hi' or a 'hey' or something like that, but 'oh'.

Nancy relaxed.

Jeremy she knew. Of. Never really interacted with her at a great length, but he seemed nice enough. He asked her if she came up here because of the bell.

"Uh... yeah," Nancy said. She idly scraped the blade of the hatchet against the floor for a few seconds, before stopping.

"Was that you?" she asked.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nancy was about to ask why Jeremy rang the bell. It struck Nancy as a weird thing to do. She didn't know if calling attention to one specific area was the best idea.

Though that might have just been her, and only because she was here right now.

Nancy was about to ask, but before she could, someone else called up from the bottom of the stairs. The voice cried out that they were friendly, but Nancy tightened her grip on the axe regardless.

Jeremy told her that he'd let her reply to them.

Oh, great. More responsibility. Nancy sighed, before shouting, "Who is that? Who's down there?"

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was Clarice. Nancy liked Clarice. She allowed her to act in a few of her movies, so Clarice was okay in her book.

She wasn't as sure about Conrad. They never really interacted much.

Another unknown. Nancy was just surrounded by unknowns at this point, wasn't she?

She heaved a sigh and stood up, using her axe as a support to do so.

Conrad had called up, telling them they were looking for a group. A group? Nancy considered that.

"Yeah, come on up," Nancy said.

She was going to be friendly and invite them up. Even if she didn't know Conrad that well, if he was with Clarice he couldn't be too bad, right?

Despite that, she tightened her grip on the axe.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nancy leaned back against the wall, not really paying attention to what was happening. She vaguely registered Clarice reach the top of the building, and gave a smile and wave. Nancy had been attracted to the ring of the bell because she'd been curious to know who'd rung it.

But now, she was here, andfound the answer... well, not lacking, but... disappointing? Nancy didn't know if that was the right word. She tried to smile, to get some of that energy back in her body, but that was hard to do given the situation they were in.

Nancy thought.

Deny, deny, deny. The longer she could convince herself that everything was fine, the longer she could carry on.

For now, she just hung back, her eyes looking between everyone in the room.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"I saw Vanessa and... and Jae," Nancy said, answering Clarice's question.

The battered body of Jae popped into her mind again, and she flinched in momentary disgust. She debated whether or not to tell everyone the state she found Jae in, but she decided not to. Just the thought of it made her feel a knot at the base of her stomach.

Suddenly, another voice called from the base of the tower.

More people? More people. Great.

"Why more people? Nancy-chan's solo performance is suffering..." she muttered quietly.

She sighed. As long as they were down there, and she was up here, she was safe. But of course, if she wanted to leave, she would have to get past them.

"Ugh..." she growled, "This was a mistake."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"No," Nancy said.

No, this was a mistake. Nancy would have thought otherwise, just a scant half-hour earlier, but...

The image of Jae slumped on the ground came into her head again, and Nancy nearly heaved.

"No," she repeated, "People are already fighting. I saw it. I saw it!"

She saw the aftermath of a fight, that is. She didn't see it happen. But Nancy didn't think to articulate that. Besides, the message was clear.

"More people is more chaos, don't you get it?" she asked, her voice raising in volume just a little.

She looked from Clarice, to Jeremy, and back to Clarice. There were people here, and down there, and there were too many unknowns and Nancy wanted no part of this.

"Let me... let me out," she said quietly.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Skipping to leave the thread. GMing approved.))

Clarice was yelling at her. Nancy wanted her to stop. She wasn't paying attention to anything Clarice said, anyway. Not when she was yelling.

"I'm leaving," Nancy stated, and with that she moved past Clarice, onto the stairs.

But she felt Clarice grab her arm.

"Nancy, wait," Clarice said.

"Fuck off!" she shouted suddenly. Clarice had grabbed her. For what purpose, she didn't care. She'd grabbed her.

Nancy's free arm held the hatchet, and she swung it in an arc. She felt connect with something, and she heard Clarice scream as she let go of her arm.

Nancy didn't look back to see what she'd actually done. She had to get away from here as fast as possible.

She bolted down the stairs, pushing past Conrad as she sprinted. Two people. At the bottom. She saw them as she made down the last few steps.

"Get out of the way!" she yelled, before running past them and out of the bell tower.

((Nancy Kyle continued in これでいい。))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Bell Tower · Next Topic »
Add Reply