Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Little Pig; Start of G055
Topic Started: Aug 14 2016, 10:55 PM (1,065 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was funny. She’d always liked the idea of exploring an abandoned hospital. Kingman had a few laying around, so it wasn’t like she hadn’t been to some for urban exploration. And yet, here Jennifer was, inside what had to be the world’s most decrepit art room. It smelled like rotten wood, too.

To be honest, Jennifer had mixed feelings about whether or not they’d be rescued. On one hand, wouldn’t people have caught on by now? Buses go missing, it’s SOTF. Period. Maybe the FBI or CIA was getting on that, and they’ll be rescued in the next few hours. Maybe. On the other, it took a few days before rescue happened in 2008. Also, she was sure some of her classmates were morally bankrupt enough to start killing anyways. That Bradley boy, for example.

Jennifer had looked through the bag they’d given them, of course. There was plenty of food and water, though a chain? Really? Well, she guessed that it was useful in its own way. Then there was the manual. It was written in a way that suggested that Danya pleasured himself to the idea of people killing each other. And yet, it was only another reminder that she wasn’t just off exploring an abandoned hospital.

She’d read it over and over while sitting at this art table, just in front of a tree that had fallen through the window. She closed the manual with a small thud.

Jennifer felt herself shake some. She knew Blake wasn’t here, so that was a relief. That was a small one, though. She didn’t remember who did go on the trip. Graham, though…

The image of Graham’s head exploding had come up again. Jennifer quickly stood up, rubbing her forehead for a few seconds. But those few seconds were enough to inspire something stronger in her. Her teeth gritted, and she felt herself breathing louder. A wordless roar left her lips.

The manual flew through the air, hitting an easel and falling to the ground.

Maybe she shouldn’t be so emotional. But it still was hell.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jennifer, for a second, glared at the manual. For another, she wondered if she should pick it up. There wasn’t much else she needed to know about the game. Just the same information that they told them before. You know, kill or be killed, there are metal collars that explode, don’t die like Graham.

Her breathing was loud; her heartbeat was pounding in her ears. She felt her fists tighten, as if she was going to punch the next person that she saw. Damn it all. Again, she didn’t need to be this emotional. She knew deep down that staying calm was the way to go. But she swore to god, any second now she would rip the paintings into shreds.

She was this close to graduating. Jennifer was supposed to get her diploma, go to Columbia, eventually go to the graduate school. But it turned out fate had other plans for her, and now? Now she was here. She hated every second of this.

Then Jennifer saw movement. A person? It had a shadow like a person, at least. Jennifer’s eyes narrowed. As she stepped forward to get a better look, the yellowed paintings dampened the sound of her heels stomping against the carpet.

“Hello?” she called out. “Who’s there? I’m really not in the mood to get murdered right now.”

Her voice was snappish.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Bart? Is that you?”

Jennifer sighed in relief. She was still pretty damn angry. Furious, even. But to know it was Bart? That helped somewhat. For a moment, Jennifer wondered if it was some kind of trick. Oh, I was just looking at all the pictures, psyche I'm going to kill you, she guessed. But his rough shape had its arms up. His voice stammered. If anything, she startled him.

“Bart, it's Jennifer. Wallace, not Su. Don't worry, I'm not killing. I'm just really p-”

She cut herself off, and started again.

“I'm just really upset.”

She stepped to the doorway, and yes, the smell confirmed it. It was Bart. She couldn't help but remember that one day at the museum. Did he still have hard feelings about her behavior there? Normally the concern there would be upsetting someone. But for all she knew, he could... do something. Find a reason to kill her. He didn't seem armed, but you never know.

Her hand held onto the door's frame as she looked outside. She saw his face within a heartbeat. You could tell the man was scared out of his wits.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow. He really was nervous, wasn’t he? Bart just recited, step-by-step, everything that he’d experienced thus far. So he’d woken up in the cafeteria, then made his way here? It didn’t seem like he’d encountered anyone else, though.

“I’ve been in here since I woke up,” Jennifer said, looking off to the other side, then back. “You’re the first person I’ve seen thus far.”

Was she still mad as hell? Of course. But she still calmed down, at least to talk to him. Bart, as far as she could tell, was harmless. The part where he went into detail about what he’d been doing without prompting was a little weird, of course. It seemed more like fear if anything, though. Like he was so terrified, he overshared information just to be sure she wasn’t going to do anything. That could be a sign of lying, of course. It often was. But he was tripping over his words and sniffling.

Her fingers tightened on the door frame as she heard a new voice. She turned her head, and saw Kiziah. Kiziah was a kind, intelligent woman, if a little… impressionable. Hopefully she wasn’t impressionable enough to believe that she had to kill everyone here. But she seemed normal. Scared, but normal.

Jennifer let out a breath. She doubted Kiziah and Bart would be the type, but it was still messed up how she had to worry anyways.

“I don’t mind you two sticking around,” she said. “Just as long as you won’t… you know.”

She tried to smile, to make herself friendly. The red lipstick she usually wore had faded into an uneven stain. But even then, she still tried.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jennifer couldn’t believe it, either. You’d think SOTF was one of those things that’d just… disappear. To never happen ever again. To become a thing of the past. Apparently not. Everyone learned that in 2012, and now they were learning it again in 2015. It was one of the biggest travesties in years, and… here they were, stuck god knew where.

She wished that she could believe that this was some kind of prank too. But what kind of prank goes this far? You’d need to have a lot of time, money, and energy to pull off something of this magnitude. No, it was real, as far as Jennifer could tell.

Jennifer pulled herself back towards the table. She’d been sitting down at the art table before her… outburst, but as she placed herself in front of it, she noticed Kiziah and Bart had to make do. Bart was on the floor, while Kiziah was leaning against the tree. Well, it wouldn’t be fair, would it? Instead, she moved away. It was better to let them have her space. Instead, Jennifer knelt down, adjusting and soothing out her skirt as she did. She’d been dressing for a day out at the museum, so she didn’t think of putting on something more practical for physical activity that morning. If she had known, she would not have worn a skirt and heels. Then again, if she had known, she probably wouldn’t have gone on the trip at all.

She wasn’t good at emotional conversations. But she had to speak up.

“You know… I can’t believe it either. I keep hoping that this is some messed-up dream, or that it’s the world’s most elaborate prank. But it can’t be, it just can’t.”

Jennifer pulled her arms around herself, feeling herself shake. Her muscles were tense. It felt like heat was coming out of her eyes.

She remembered writing posts about SOTF on her blog. It was topical, so it was worth sharing her opinions on. It was vile. Truly and simply vile. She’d heard all kinds of stories, too. Jennifer remembered hearing that there were some twisted parts of the deep web that had footage. It wasn’t something she’d dare find out for herself. There were always trolls, too. Of course, there were also politicians willing to use it as part of their agenda, no matter what it was. But the worst part was how the government let it happen six times.

“Just… six times. Six times, it could have been stopped. I just simply can’t believe that the CIA or FBI can’t just… investigate what’s going on, and put a stop to it. I swear to god, if we don’t get rescued soon -“

Jennifer’s voice had raised, but she caught herself off. Her blood had started boiling again. It was a good idea to stop where she did.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That’s right. 276 girls were abducted from a school in Nigeria. And then they went through such horror. What was worse was, most of them were still missing, if she remembered correctly. A year. A year had passed, and they still weren’t saved.

A chill went up and down Jennifer’s spine. If it took more than a year to solve that, a week would be a stretch here. Would it? She didn’t want to give up hope so soon.

She wasn’t sure about what to say to that, or to Bart’s sobs. She wanted to go home, she wanted to graduate, she wanted to live. Jennifer pulled her arms tighter around herself. Yes, she was angry, but to be honest… she was also shaken. Never did she think she’d have to deal with something like this. She didn’t want to cry, but she did feel her skin tremble.

“Technology?” she said. “Maybe collars like ours... well, they had to have been made somewhere, right? Even if they made them… they still ordered the supplies. And maybe that could…”

She wasn’t sure where she was going with that.

Aside from explosives, metal, and whatever else it took to make a collar, they would have had to order food, weapons, and other materials en masse. No matter how, it could have raised suspicions with anyone they bought from. It might have distinctive features, too. It was obvious it had been previously inhabited, so someone could recognize it from footage.

But would that help? They could wonder about ways they could be saved all day, but it wouldn’t change anything unless they actually did get rescued.

Something interrupted Jennifer’s thoughts, and her head snapped up at the sound. At first, she had no idea what the hell it could be. Her head turned, looking for the source. It sounded like it was some ways away. Not too distant, but still a walk’s away. Then she realized what it could be. She did see a map, but she only looked at it briefly. However, it was possible there was a belfry here. That definitely sounded like someone ringing a bell, at least.

Jennifer frowned.

“You hear that?” she whispered. “What the hell does someone think they’re doing?”

It had to be a belfry. What would the point of ringing a bell here, though?
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bart was right, or at least Jennifer agreed with him. It could be someone trying to call others over. But for what purpose, it could be any number of things. Someone could be trying to find some allies, or at least someone useful. They could be a killer. She wasn’t sure if people were killing already, and she didn’t want to know. What if someone could be banking on the idea that someone would come over and investigate? Then they’d… do what was asked.

Of course, if they heard it, other people probably did too. All kinds of people. The naïve, the curious, the scared… and the dangerous. Panicked people and murderous people just wasn’t something she wanted to deal with- especially if they had weapons and were potentially in a crowded place.

“No,” Jennifer snapped, but recomposed herself. She tried again, her voice quieter. “No. I don’t think it’s a good idea. If we heard it, others did too. If someone with a gun showed up and wanted to use it, well…”

She continued to wrap her arms around herself in thought.

“It might be good to figure out if we’re staying here or heading elsewhere, though.”
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright, so no staying here, then. Jennifer didn’t mind that all that much. It wasn’t that bad in here, the ransacked and decrepit feel aside. But Bart was clearly starting to get uncomfortable. Maybe it was the room itself, maybe it was the situation. Maybe he didn’t like being here, being an artist himself. No matter the reason, he didn’t like staying here. That was obvious. It was probably a good idea to get going, anyways. It was okay right now, but later, when it’s night time? Colder? Probably not a good idea.

“Right,” she said. “We should get going.”

Jennifer lifted herself up, soothing out her skirt once more. She still silently cursed her decision to wear a skirt and heels. It might, might, be a good idea to find some better clothes and shoes somehow. But alas, she got another reminder of her decision as her shoes clicked against the floor with each step she took towards the table once again.

“Where should we head to? Ideas?” she asked as she lifted the bag off the table, sliding the strap over her shoulder.

Kiziah had a good point she hadn’t realized before. If some degenerate came by to investigate the sound, they were right in the path for that. Again, Jennifer hadn’t checked the map much as of yet, but there was a good chance that, if they were nearby, a classmate with murderous intentions could come by and look into the room.

But something else got her attention as Kiziah looked at the map. When Jennifer noticed something nearby the bag, her eyes locked onto it.

She had another question.

“Kiziah,” she added. “Did you get a gun?”

She wasn’t sure what to think about that.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Suddenly, the room got tense. Bart asked if everything was alright. Kiziah even apologized. What for? Perhaps because she didn’t feel it fit to bring it up? That’s a possibility.

“Oh, no need,” Jennifer said, slightly leaning forward to get another look. “I thought I’d ask because, well, it’s good to figure out what supplies we’ve got to work with, right?”

She leaned back up. A shotgun could be useful. It wasn’t like they were going to actually kill anyone, obviously. But you could use it to scare someone away with the sound, provided you pointed it away from them as much as possible. You could hunt animals, too, but she wasn’t sure if Kiziah or Bart knew anything about hunting. Also, what kind of animals they could hunt was a factor too.

“Full disclosure: about roughly three feet of chain. Not sure if it can be useful right now, but that’s what they gave me, so…”

Okay, back on subject.

“Anyways, Bart’s idea is sound. Head southwards, and we’re less likely to encounter anyone who’d investigate the sound. Any ideas on safe spaces to hole up?”
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A book? Weren’t they supposed to be weapons? How was a book going to kill someone? Unless it was a hardcover, or was about murder methods. Then again, she remembered a detail that came up when she was doing research for her blog. Sometimes, abductees were given purposefully awful “weapons”, as if some part of a sick joke. Jennifer shook her head at the thought. There was a special place in hell for them, if they not only were responsible for the deaths of hundreds, but thought it would be something to poke fun at.

“I agree with the supply depot. As the name suggests, there might be things left behind. Some might even be in good condition.”

Jennifer looked down at her shoes for a split second, then looked up.

“Also, I’ll need better shoes at some point,” she added.

Heels could only get her so far.

“I don’t think I need the gun, but if it makes you feel more at ease, I could hold on to it?” she said.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bart spoke up again, saying he was going to look outside to see if the coast was clear. About half a minute later, he came back, saying the coast was clear. Jennifer let out a puff of air. She didn’t even know she was holding her breath.

“Alright,” she said, gently patting her pack to remind herself she still had it.

She realized Kiziah hadn’t replied to her inquiry. Maybe she felt safer with the gun, after all, or that she didn’t like the idea of someone else handling it. Either way, Jennifer felt like she shouldn’t probe further. It was polite, and it would make things more comfortable.

As she followed the other two out, Jennifer noticed the manual, still laying on the ground next to an easel. After a moment of hesitancy, she slowly reached down to pick it up. She placed it into her bag, and zipped up again.

She still hoped some boats, some helicopters- anything- would come by.

((Jennifer Wallace continued elsewhere))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Art Therapy · Next Topic »
Add Reply