Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Waking up in a strange place isn't so unusual for some...; It's the circumstances surrounding it that truly matter.
Topic Started: Aug 13 2016, 09:04 PM (1,289 Views)
Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
Rea lay on the floor, curled up in a ball, crying.

G049: Rea Adams, Island Start

This wasn't happening. This couldn't be happening.

For the presentation she'd just remained still, motionless, and unthinking. She didn't have time to react, only time to vaguely remember the presentation in her dazed and confused state. She'd thought the entire thing a dream, that is, until she realised she was lying on the floor of some strange room. This was it. Her life had been cut short by people she'd never even met, for reasons she couldn't fathom.

There was no way she was getting out of this alive. She was too weak to do it. What chance did she have of returning to her family? The one that she'd seen so little of. The one that she'd left behind to go and die on an island somewhere.

And then it hit her. Will was here too. He had to be, he was sitting next to her on the bus. Which meant he was in this hell with her. That was a small comfort.

But how could she find him? How did she know the he wouldn't be dead by the time she got to him? What was to say that she'd never see him again, never to fall into the embrace of the only person she'd ever felt truly in love with.

The truth was, there was nothing to say that he was still alive. And that's the part that got to her.

And left her crying on the floor.

Alone.

Edited by Spinnentier, Aug 13 2016, 10:10 PM.
I'm still here, just lurking though for the most part.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
She hadn't even moved since waking up. All she'd done was cry into the floor, waiting to die, waiting for someone to open the door, run forward, and stab her in the neck or something. And then she'd bleed out in this room, or wherever she was, and leave this hellish place behind.

Along with everything from her old life. If she died here, there was no way she'd ever see her parents again. Never graduate from Cochise, never get that fabled university degree she'd always aimed for and never move out of Kingman. She'd never have a family, never get married, never spend the rest of her life with Will-

But then it hit her. Both of them getting out of this alive was impossible. It was one or the other. Even if she did manage to survive this by some miracle of fate, it would be at the cost of the one person that mattered most to her. One of them had to die to let the other one live. That was for certain. And that was the thought that kept her sobbing on the floor of an abandoned building in the middle of nowhere, waiting to die.

Then she heard the creak of the door open. Someone was entering the room. Probably about to kill her. End it all, before it even began.

"Just.... Please don't... Please don't kill me..."

She could barely manage speech in this state.

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
It was weak, it was shaky, and it was far too quiet, but she knew that Scottish accent anywhere. It couldn't be real, though, could it? Will just waltzing in here, within the first minutes of the game. She was just hearing things, her mind playing tricks on her. There was no way that was actually her boyfriend talking to her. She opened her eyes, trying to force her mind to focus on reality.

And there he was, sitting on the carpet, his head drooping, a few tears slowly making their way down his face. She scrambled to get closer to him, wrapping her arms around him, crying into his shoulder. One of them had to die. Their lives, their futures, taken away from them and cruelly destroyed in front of them. The life they could have spent together an impossibility. They couldn't both get out of this. That is, even if either of them managed to survive through this at all. In all likelihood one of them would just die a little later than the other, just lonelier.

It was a crushing thought, made even worse when she considered how many others on the island would be going through the same dilemma. The Sophie's Choice of who to live and die, who should carry on without the other.

"You have nothing to apologise for. I'll always love you, no matter what happens."

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
"So you just want to lay down and die?"

Will's shoulder was becoming drenched. But there was nothing she could do right now but cry into it. Too badly affected from the shock and anguish of her situation to do anything about it but cling to Will.

"I'm not making it out of this. I'm too weak, and frail, and at the age of 17 I'm still afraid of the dark."

If someone tried to attack her, she'd be powerless, if she needed to run, she'd make it about ten metres before collapsing. Not like she had a chance at making it out of this alive. But Will... he was a soldier. He was fit, strong, tough, had firearms experience, could hunt, everything. He had a chance of escaping this hell. Not her, no way that was possible, but him, infinitely more so than her.

"But you... you could. You could make it back home without me."

She pushed him onto his back, her head above his, face to face with him, like they were on that night that seemed so long ago now. Her hair fell around them, creating a red curtain around them.

"I'm just happy that I get to spend what little time I have with you."

And then she leant forward and kissed him.

At least that was comforting.

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
She pressed her back into the wall, trying in a fruitless endeavour to keep a small profile, as if it would do any good if someone burst through the door holding a weapon.

Will had just left the room, with a revolver of some kind, after telling her to stay silent and not to follow him. She prayed it wouldn't be the last time she saw him, disappearing through the door like that with a tool used to end lives, and probably with the intent to use it for its intended purpose. To murder another human being in cold blood, and be scarred for the rest of their life because of it. And she knew that if she wanted to make it out alive, she would need to kill too. Not that there was any chance of them both surviving, but she didn't want to dwell on that unfortunate fact of her situation any longer than she needed to.

Now all there was for her to do was wait. Wait for him to come back with blood on his hands. That is, if he returned at all. There was a very real possibility that whoever had caused enough noise for Will to go and investigate it could kill him, and then come after her seconds later. And then kill her, leaving her to die alone, and found later by some other student passing by who would ignore her as if a girl not even old enough to drink yet covering the floor of an office in an abandoned asylum with her own blood was normal. A trivial fact of life, a mundane part of their day where they would simply say something like "Shame," and then move on, being completely forgotten within minutes as they struggled with their own survival.

And so she collapsed against the wall, head hanging forward and arms drooping limply beside her. She didn't want to think about things like that. She didn't want to think about her own death. She didn't want to think about anything anymore. Didn't want to think. Didn't want to do anything, but stay there, still and unmoving.

Completely emotionless.

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
Muffled sounds of speech came from the hallway. Probably Will trying to communicate with whoever it was that made those sounds next door. Not that she was paying much attention to it, in this near-catatonic state and all.

She waited in the room, unmoving from the position she was in, pressed up against the wall. Time passed, though how much she had no idea. It could have been mere seconds or whole hours, and she would't have been able to tell the difference.

Her mind remained blank, the shock and trauma of the entire situation forcing her into a state of complete numbness, with the only though on her mind being the question of when Will would return.

If he even returned at all...

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
No sounds yet, just muffled talking... no gunshots or screaming, which was a good sign. Maybe Will might still be alive. If he wasn't, then really nothing could be done for her anyway, as whoever could have hypothetically killed him would then be on their hypothetical way to kill her. Yes, truly she was helping herself out of this complete wreck of an emotional state with thoughts like that.

If she was to have any hope of surviving this, she had to be optimistic... something she was sure she'd never done once in her life. Even in the early stages of her relationship with Will, she was pessimistic about her future. But now, that wasn't going to help her. No, the only thing that could help her in this situation was herself, and that meant standing up, and at least trying to get through this.

She slowly rose to her feet, and shakily crept over to the door. She nervously peered out from the doorway to find Will standing there, pointing a gun into the room, talking with whoever was inside. But then he lowered the gun, and disappeared from her sight as he entered the room, lowering the revolver as he did so.

And so the made quite possibly the riskiest decision of her life: she followed him.

She slid across the wall, before taking a careful glance inside the room Will had just entered.

A quivering voice reached his ears.

"Will? Are you okay? What's going on?"

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
She nearly screamed when he whipped around holding a gun to her face. Thankfully, he quickly dropped it once he realised who he was seconds away from killing. They hadn't even left the building yet, and this was what it was turning them into. Twisting their minds into a state of primal urge to survive, ready to take another's life in an instant.

What had he become? What had she become? What was this sick, twisted game doing to them?

She nodded and quietly made her way to the end of the hallway at Will's order. Rea wanted a moment alone anyway.

She just needed some time to think. Fresh air would help with that. And they probably had get moving anyway. Couldn't stay in this building forever.

As Will passed her and motioned for her to follow him, she wondered about what would happen to that kid they found. But he was powerless back there, and Will was the one holding a gun. But he didn't kill him. No one died, despite the fact that leaving him alive was just a liability, another student that had to die for him to live... and yet Will left him alive.

Maybe there was hope for them, a chance for them to remain human through all this, despite the incredible challenge that may be.

There was always a chance.

Something for her to ponder as she made her way to... wherever they were headed.

((Rea Adams, continued in AAAAAAGGHH))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · Doctors’ Offices · Next Topic »
Add Reply