Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A World Of Sadness; [Open!]
Topic Started: Aug 13 2016, 08:19 PM (1,141 Views)
Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Everything was going to be fine. Just don't panic and lose it.

((B030: Brendan Harte - Start))

Brendan let out a broken cry as he wiped a tear away from his eye and he sniffed. He never wished to be here. He believed that no one should be there. But life just wasn't fair and he had to learn that the hard way. He had to calm himself down. He had awaken only a few minutes ago and he was feeling a bit woozy. He almost vomited when he saw Mr. Graham getting murdered. He couldn't believe that was real. Bur it had been. He couldn't stay in denial forever.

Brendan was shaking a little and his breathing was a bit off. He was wandering around the changing room in circles. He was trying to count to ten in his head to calm himself down. He sniffed again. He had to stop crying. He had to be brave and try to take matters into his own hands. But to kill his friends.... That was something that he couldn't do. Brendan wasn't the type to physically hurt someone. It wasn't in his nature to do so.

He stopped moving and he shook his head in disbelief. Why would he even think of killing a person? That was an odd thought. This situation was making him think of things that terrified him. He tried to block the thought out of his mind and then he focused on his bag that was currently on the floor. In front of him.

He didn't move to touch it. He just stared down at it like it shouldn't even exist at all.

Edited by Primrosette, Aug 13 2016, 08:25 PM.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
How long had he been standing there? Five minutes? Ten minutes? Fifteen minutes? He wasn't sure. But he didn't want to stay there forever. There was a camera watching him. But what would he say? That there was a chance that he could kill someone? Or someone will kill him instead? He had too many questions in his mind that he knew were never going to get answered. So the best thing that he could do was go out there and find his friends. Just as long as they were alive. Alba, Maxim.... He was especially worried about them. He just had to be safe himself. Don't run into trouble too early.

Just leave, Brendan. You don't want to be in this place anymore.

Brendan rubbed a hand over his chin and he kneeled down, glancing at the number on it. Number thirty. Alright then. He had a feeling that he had to take the bag with him. He still didn't bother to open it up. He wasn't going to do that unless he thought that he had no choice. He picked up the bag and he got back up to his feet quickly.

Brendan gazed towards the doorway of the changing room and he suddenly felt uncomfortable. What if there was someone outside in the gym? He never even thought about that. He hated the feeling of being too nervous to leave. However, he didn't want to be alone for too long. He had to get moving.

He made his way up to where the doorway was and he peeked his head out to have a look around. But then his breathing stopped for a second. There was someone there. A girl heading in his direction. He took a step back into the room. Who was that? Why did he panic like that?
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan had been careless as he heard the girl's voice call out to him and all he could do was stand there, shaking a little. He was still too scared to move and he hated that he didn't have the confidence to just stroll out there. His breathing was slightly loud and he realized something. It really was too dark in this room. Brendan cursed himself for coming back into there. But he could also use it to his advantage as it would be hard for the girl to see him in the room. She pretty much called that she was not going to hurt him. Brendan found it hard to believe her. But when he saw her for a few moments, he didn't see a weapon on her. Unless it was in her bag and she wasn't planning on using it. Brendan would feel so foolish if he thought the girl was going to attack and kill him. Brendan was torn over what he should do. Hide or let her see him? He didn't know what to do. But he couldn't just stay in one spot forever.

Brendan could hear the girl's footsteps getting closer. He needed to move. But where? The girl was still talking to him. She was promising not to hurt him. That was a bit reassuring. But he didn't want to be too trusting. But now that he thought about it. He was sure that he heard her voice before. Maybe? If only he could see her face again to see if he could recognize her. Unlike before when he had blindly panicked like a complete moron. He felt a bit frustrated with himself. What if it was a friend? They would think he was crazy for freaking out on them. He didn't really have the time to think about it now.

Brendan planned to move forward to stay hidden beside the doorway. It was a risk that he was willing to take. Even if it was the wrong choice. It was better than doing nothing and looking like a complete dork.

Brendan took a step forward....

....And he regretted it.

As his left shin connected with a rotting wooden bench and it sent a throbbing pain through his leg. He let out a hiss as he dropped his bag to the floor with a loud thunk. His eyes were blurred with tears and he was trying to blink them back. He didn't need to cry because of something he caused to himself. How could he be so clumsy like that? He didn't have time to mess things up for himself right now. He was trying hard not to swear. Then he lifted his left leg up to balance on the bench gently. He didn't want it to break more under his foot. Then he rubbed his shin with his hands and he hissed again, muttering under his breath.

"O-Owww...."
Edited by Primrosette, Aug 16 2016, 08:43 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It was now really dark. Brendan was glad that he was not scared of the dark. However being trapped in a place with no light and someone that he might not know. The thought had just terrified him. He might be jumping to conclusions too quickly. But he didn't want to stay there and find out that the girl might hurt him. His cowardly nature was kicking in and he just wanted to run for it. He felt someone bump into him. It must be the girl. She was talking to him. Who was she? He was sure that he heard her voice before. He needed to get away. Even if the girl turned out to be an ally. He thought it would be better for him to be alone until he could find a friend.

You might be dead before you find your friends, Brendan. Then you will regret leaving this girl-

No. No. He couldn't think about it. He had to leave. His leg was still throbbing a little. But he ignore it as he lowered his leg down to the ground and he leaned over. Trying to feel around for his bag which was a bit difficult. He let out a sigh of relief when he touched it and he slung it over his shoulder carefully. He slowly leaned back up and he squinted, trying to see the girl. He had to tell her something. Even if he was about to leave her on her own.

"I-I'm fine. I was just a little clumsy. I'm going to leave now. Please don't follow me. I just think it will be safer for me to be on my own. ....Look, just be safe and promise me you won't do anything that you'll regret. You sound like a nice person and I don't want you to lose that, okay? So.... Uh..... Oh, I'm Brendan. Brendan Harte if you would like to know.... If we meet again. Just call my name and I know that it will be you.... I'll see you again." Hopefully.

Brendan was rambling as he was touching the wall and trying to find the door. He glanced down at the floor and he could see a bit of light a few steps in front of him. Finally. He felt a bit guilty for leaving the girl. But he was struggling to wrap his head around to trust her. He pulled the door open and he stepped out. She'll be okay, Brendan. You'll see her again.

Brendan then saw the other girl and he couldn't breathe for a few seconds. Then he started to run off, doing a good job of ignoring his shin's slight pain. Did he just see that girl holding a gun? He didn't know. And he hoped that that girl wouldn't do anything bad. He had a bad feeling as he finally left the gym.....

((Brendan Harte continued in No Way To Survive))
Edited by Primrosette, Jan 19 2017, 08:48 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Gym · Next Topic »
Add Reply