Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
デビュー; Debut; Open
Topic Started: Aug 13 2016, 06:20 PM (1,135 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Ohayou, minna-san! Nancy-chan desu! Reporting from a new location of who-even-fucking-knows island! This is first appearance since I've become a full-fedged idol, but Nancy-chan will do her best! Ganbarimasu!"

Those who bothered looking at the feed of the staff lounge would see a blue-haired, eccentrically dressed girl talking to the camera with an enthusiasm completely unfitting for the situation.

Those who weren't put off enough, and watched closely, would notice how forced the girl's smile was.

G036 - Nancy Kyle: START

It was a particular form of denial. It may have seemed strange to anyone else, but to Nancy it just... felt natural.

It was, at the very least, distracting her somewhat from the sickening feeling in her gut.

She'd gotten a hatchet for a weapon. A real axe with a real blade.

This was real, and Nancy was expected to kill her friends with it.

There was... there was no way...

She turned away from the camera, wiping a few tears, before facing it again.

"Nancy-chan will be here to give you all the details of the happenings here, so stay tuned! Nancy-chan smile!"

She then approached the corner of the room the camera was mounted on, ducked into its blind spot, curled into a ball, and started to cry.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nancy gasped when the door opened and a girl peeked her head in. She scrambled, awkwardly standing before diving for the hatchet. She grabbed it, before scurrying to the opposite corner and staring at Vanessa.

"Nancy-chan's in a pinch here..." she mumbled to herself.

"What do you... want?" she said, clutching the hatchet against her body.

She tried to size up Vanessa, but of course she wasn't really the type of person to read people. She didn't know what had brought Vanessa to her room, and she didn't want to find out the hard way that this wasn't going to be a pleasant encounter.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"N... Nancy..." she said, in response to the girl's question. She gripped her axe tighter, still not feeling completely safe in this situation. Even though Vanessa had said she wasn't looking for trouble, she was still too close to the door.

It meant that Nancy would have to pass by her if she wanted to leave. Too close. There was the possibility of any number of things going wrong there. What about other avenues of escape? There were several windows in the room, but knowing her luck, they weren't on the first floor.

Besides, crashing through a window was not behavior fitting of an idol.

And that is when Nancy started to laugh. It was crazy to laugh in this situation, but she laughed. It was a slow, hoarse laugh that devolved into coughing. She took a deep breath, and shakily stood up, wobbling over to a trash can in the corner of the room.

She then expelled the contents of her stomach into it.

Don't look at me.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"St-Stop..." Nancy said, not even bothering to lift her head from the trash can, "Don't... come any closer."

Her hand grabbed the axe that she'd dropped in the midst of her vomiting. She lifted her head up from the trash can. She crawled over to and under a small table, and laid down. Her lips burned from the vomit.

"I wanna go home," she said blankly, "I hate this. This is the worst assignment ever."

She was still thinking in terms of the idol industry. The denial slowly crept up on her again, and her coping method made its way back to the forefront of her thoughts.

"Nancy-chan is trying her best..." Nancy said, almost in a sing-song, "Her best... her best... her best..."

She turned over, looking at Vanessa.

"I wish I had a microphone. I want to sing my heart out..." she rambled, "Maybe that'll distract me from this ridiculous situation."

She laid her head down, only to lift it up again a few seconds later.

"What's your plan?" she said, "I wanna know."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nancy laid her head back down as she listened to Vanessa's joke and subsequent plan.

Finding friends. It seemed like a good plan. She sure would like find everyone from the Anime Club. Well, everyone who was on the island, anyway. Vanessa asked Nancy if she wanted to tag along. With her? Nancy wasn't sure about that.

There was something fucky about the way Vanessa kept referencing her hatchet. Nancy wasn't murderous. She wasn't.

Suddenly, Vanessa yelled, and Nancy felt her heart skip a beat. She tried to sit up, but her head banged against the underside of the table.

Her head spinning, she instinctively swung the hatchet, and the blade of the axe cleanly penetrated about halfway through a leg of the table.

She released her grip on the hatchet, backing up against the corner and curling around herself, staring at Vanessa with wide eyes.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nancy continued to stare. She continued to stare as Vanessa reached into her bag. When she pulled something out of it, Nancy flinched.

This is where she was going to die.

Vanessa pulled out...

...that.

'That' being pot. Vanessa pulled out some pot. From her assigned bag.

Vanessa had been given marijuana as a weapon.

It was something so completely ludicrous that it wrapped around to being hilarious.

Nancy's fear was completely gone. It was too absurd. She started to laugh again. She laughed good and hard.

"H-How... How did..." she sputtered out, in between fits of laughter, "How did they... screw you over that hard?"

Now that Nancy knew what Vanessa's weapon was, she allowed herself to relax. Even if she tried to do anything, Nancy's axe was in her grabbing range.

Her laughter died down, and she wiped a tear from her eye.

"Idols don't do drugs," Nancy said.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
There was a thump from outside. Nancy jumped a bit.

Vanessa told her to wait in the room. Nancy nodded.

The tension had returned, not as much as before, but still, Nancy stared at the door as Vanessa opened it.

There was someone else outside. Just as one unknown was solved, another one popped up. Nancy crawled forward, grabbing the hatchet. She crawled out from under the table, and grabbed her assigned bag as well.

"What's going on?" Nancy called.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
And that's when Nancy decided to leave.

Nancy didn't know what she was expecting when she had asked that question, but having someone injured and bleeding and gross right outside the room didn't sit well with her.

And what if she was expected to help? Nancy wasn't a helper, not really. She wasn't capable of doing anything to help. She didn't want to deal with that kind of responsibility.

Nancy bolted to the door, stopping only to look down at the battered body of Jae. Vanessa was crouched down next to him. A trivial obstacle.

She ran down the hall.

((Nancy Kyle continued in 人生の曲.))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Staff Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply