Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Strange Case of Nadia; (Open)
Topic Started: Aug 13 2016, 05:07 PM (1,210 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((G004 Nadia Riva: V6 Start))

Nadia clasped her hands together and rubbed her forehead against them. She let out a soft moan, her head still aching from the drugs used to knock her out. She muttered some expletives under her breath. She couldn't believe this would happen to her. A few weeks ago, she was getting published in Photo Vogue and looking over her acceptance letter to UCLA. Now she was on an island of murder and was statistically likely to die. She slowly beat her head against her hands and moaned.

"I can't believe it," she said.

Nadia looked around the room. She woke up sitting in a chair in what looked like an interrogation room. There was an empty chair before her, and a long mirror on the side of the wall. There was a duffel bag before her. She knew they had given her a weapon to kill her peers with. She pulled it over and began to search through it. Eventually, she found the assigned item. Walkie talkies. She shook her head. She then looked up at the camera in the corner of the room.

"Great. Now I can chat with truck drivers while someone like Caedyn fucking Miller is eviscerating me. Thanks, Mr. Danya. You really made me happy."

Nadia put the walkie talkies back in her bag and zipped it up. She rubbed her eyes. It wasn't like Nadia was likely to find someone to share the walkie talkies with. Rod was on the second day of the trip. What had been a source of annoyance that she would have to do the trip without her boyfriend at least meant he was spared from this bullshit. That was slightly comforting, but not as much as she would have hoped. It's not like Rod could rescue her.

Still, Nadia knew Rod was probably watching this. She looked over at the camera in the corner. She figured now was the best time to talk. Nadia didn't know how long she'd have to talk.

"Hey, Rod. So, this sucks..." she began.

She mentally kicked herself. This was no way to start a will. She cleared her throat and continued.

"Anyways," she continued. "So, I'm probably going to die. It's not at all what we had hoped with our lives, but it is what it is. I'll try to survive, but no guarantees. I don't have a weapon and I'm not very tough. The chances are slim, and I know rescue is unlikely."

Nadia sighed.

"Look. If I don't come back, get out of Kingman. Do everything we talked about, make something of yourself, help your nation, all of that stuff. Become a doctor or a lawyer or a teacher, something that makes you happy. If I do come back...well...we can figure out what to do then. But for now, be prepared to hear the worst. Just...don't let this ruin you. Don't turn to narcotics to ease the pain, and certainly don't let this keep you from leaving Kingman. You're a tough guy, and I know you'll be able to move on. Just be ready for whatever comes next. I'll try to be ready for here."

Nadia sighed.

"I love you. Always."

Nadia looked away from the camera. She didn't normally cry, and she certainly didn't want Rod to see her eyes start to tear up.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia wiped her eyes and let out a long exhale. It was hard to feel this defeated, especially since it was new to her. She had lived a life that wasn't filled with too much strife. Anything she wanted she knew how to work for and earn. But it was another thing altogether to think about her mortality, especially in such an extreme situation as this.

Once Nadia felt calm enough, she turned to face the camera again. She had said her words to Rod, now she owed some to her parents and sister. Unfortunately, that was challenged by a loud sound down the hall. Nadia jumped up in her seat a little as she heard the sound of something being smashed.

She stood out of her chair and grabbed the duffel bag. She let out a groan and made her way to the door of the room. Someone was going crazy already, and she knew it was only a matter of time before they tried looking through the rooms. Nadia wrapped her arm around the duffel bag, making a cushion between herself and whoever might have come in. She moved to the side of the door and placed her back to the wall. If someone tried to come in, she could at least hide behind the door. If they were armed, she could use her body weight and the bag to push them down and run away.

Nadia bit her lip. She knew it was too soon to feel threatened and to switch into defense mode. But this was Survival of the Fittest, and she knew it would be stupid to not consider the possibility.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Minor GMing approved)

It got quiet outside. Nadia knew that it was possible whatever was happening outside might have ended. Maybe the person had moved along to a quieter, less populated area. On the other hand, they could be patrolling outside the hall, waiting for someone to foolishly run out and be easy pickings. Nadia knew that she was likely that person if she barged out screaming her head off. No, the best thing to do would be to move quietly and wait for an opportunity.

She slowly moved to the door handle and cracked it open. The hall looked empty from what little she could see. She opened the door further, slowly pushing it further and further. Finally, she was in the empty hall, her duffel bag still hugged tightly to her chest. She glanced up and down the hall.

Next to her was a room with a door slightly cracked open. It was pitch black inside, so Nadia figured it would be safe to duck into there. After all, if they saw the room wasn't being used, they could just walk by. All she had to do was go in there and hide under the table until she felt safe enough to move out.

Trying to be nimble on her feet, she hurried to the door and pushed it open. She moved inside the room, assuming it was just like the room she was in. However, instead of bumping into a chair or table, she bumped into something much taller, slamming her bag against the chest of the figure in the dark.

"Dammit!" she hissed as she made contact with the person.

Of course, if she had that idea, why couldn't someone else?
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia cursed herself as she realized she was now stuck in a dark room with an unidentifiable stranger in a creepy chamber in an abandoned island where everyone she knew is currently fighting to the death. It was definitely not supposed to turn out like this, and might have been better if she just kept going down the hall. But now she was stuck with this guy, and she needed to be prepared for whatever came next.

The guy tried to calm her down, claiming he was just hiding.

"Yeah, great. Now shush!" she whispered at him.

There was still the possibility that someone was outside the room making all the commotion. Nadia looked around. She noticed a mirror on the wall in the same place where the mirror in her room was. Since she could see the mirror, she realized it was two-way, and this guy probably saw her in the other room. That was unsettling, but even more unsettling was the idea that they were still in danger. She needed to be ready, and if this guy was peaceful, she needed to learn some things from him quickly.

"Look, are you armed?" she quietly asked the guy.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Great, the other guy wasn't armed. Granted, Nadia was glad he didn't have anything to pull on her (that she could see), but it meant nothing if there was a dangerous person in the halls. Nadia moaned softly.

"No, I got shit," she whispered to the guy. "So we just-"

Nadia heard a creaking sound behind her and turned around. Someone was opening the door. Nadia bit her lip as a figure appeared in the doorway. Crap. They weren't quiet enough, and now someone dangerous was here.

Nadia tried to think quickly about what to do. She couldn't exactly run and hide trapped in a small room like this. She had no clue if the guy could be useful to her. She needed to get away quickly and peacefully.

"Hey, who are you?" she called to the person coming in. "We don't want trouble."

She prayed that would work.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The girl coming into the room said her name was Jasmine. Nadia mulled it over in her head, but found nothing. She didn't know any Jasmines in her class, so this girl's intro meant almost nothing.

"Sorry, don't know any Jasmines," Nadia said. "And we don't want trouble either, but considering all the trouble we heard outside a few moments ago, we have good reason to be cautious."

Nadia clutched her bag closer to her chest. She still couldn't tell if Jasmine was armed or now, so she at least needed something to put a cushion between herself and Jasmine. At least until she knew Jasmine wasn't trouble.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So the girl didn't know about the noise? Nadia wasn't sure she could believe that. The noise sounded close by, and then this girl comes prancing up worried about it as well? It was suspicious. Nadia still wasn't even sure if she could buy that the German guy in the room was trustworthy either.

God, was this what it was going to be like? Immediately distrusting every person she came across? Nadia felt like shaking her head. Sure, she had a low opinion of Kingman and most of its residents, but even she had to wonder if they would turn against one another in such a situation. Nadia decided to not worry about it right now. Jasmine needed to be dealt with.

"Well, if you're here because of the noise, did you see who or what might have caused it?" she asked. "Should we already be fearing for our lives this soon into this mess?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nadia waited patiently as the girl explained that she didn't see anyone. The girl also claimed to have "knuckle things," which sounded like brass knuckles. Nadia had to think for a moment about that. Obviously, the terrorists would assign weird things like walkie talkies, but would they assign brass knuckles? Jasmine could be lying, but brass knuckles would be a weird choice for a fake weapon.

Nadia shook her head. If the girl was going to come in guns a blazin', she probably would have done so by now. It's not like Nadia or the German kid had anywhere to go. She decided that this situation wasn't worth it. She could stay in the dark with two kids she didn't know, or she could get out and try to make sense of this situation.

Nadia stepped closer to Jasmine, keeping her bag close to her chest.

"Alright," Nadia said, her voice low and firm, "I guess you don't know what's going on. I'd like to move on, so could you please get out of the way?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Perhaps," Nadia said in response to Jasmine's question, "but being in pinned in a dark room when some troublemaker is potentially outside is less comforting."

Nadia clutched her bag closer to her chest. She really just wanted to get past Jasmine and into somewhere more open. She barely had any idea where she was as it is. For all Nadia knew, the entire location for this game was two rooms and a cramped hallway. There had to be some way out of this prison, or police station, or whatever this place was.

"Besides, I still haven't decided if I want to ally with you. For all I know, you're still the boogeyman and you've got something much worse than 'knuckle things'."

Nadia stepped slightly closer towards Jasmine.

"So please, let me out of here. I'm fine taking my chances out there."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Thank you, kindly," Nadia said when the other girl finally stepped aside to let Nadia out of the room.

Nadia was ready to get out. She needed to see where she was and to figure out what to do. Being in a dark, cramped room with two people she didn't know wasn't going to help, especially since she thought one of them might be dangerous.

Before she could, Jasmine had some smart remarks for her. Nadia raised her eyebrow at Jasmine's statement.

"Don't worry," Nadia said, "I will definitely not regret leaving you. I don't plan on having any regrets from now on. Sayonara."

Nadia stepped past Jasmine into the hall. She took an immediate left, then walked away. Once she turned a corner and was sure she was clear of sight, she immediately booked it further down the hall. For all she knew, Jasmine would come after her and gun her down, if Jasmine was the troublemaker she heard earlier. Even if Jasmine was just an idiot and was right that leaving was a stupid idea, Nadia sure as hell wasn't staying around. All she had was a duffle bag and walkie talkies. That wasn't going to help her survive. Strategy would.

And it wasn't like she'd find strategy in a dark room with strangers. That would be found in the heat of it all. Out there, on the island.

((Nadia Riva continued elsewhere))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · One-on-one Therapy · Next Topic »
Add Reply