Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Five Finger Death Punch; B015 - Start
Topic Started: Aug 13 2016, 05:07 PM (1,799 Views)
Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Vanessa Stone continued from デビュー))

Vanessa was listening to Jae’s complaints with the occasional ‘mhm’ or ‘aha’ of acknowledgement, but it was about as fascinating to listening to as someone bitching about stairs could be. That, and she was still a little distracted by this whole impending death thing and the fact a harmless cafe guy had mauled half of Jae's face off.

She was glad to see that Jae’s brace hadn’t fallen apart so far, though. The thought of him falling over being unable to carry himself anymore, meaning that she’d have to drag him along, was one of the last things she wanted to have to deal with. Well, that or getting murdered; that was undesirable too.

When they finally came to the door at the top of the stairs, she paused with her hand on the handle. “Shush.” She muttered in response to Jae, trying to make out the voices on the other side. No such luck.

Eh, fuck it.

Opening the door, she spotted Cass and Trav enjoying each other’s company at the edge of the roof. Neither of them known to her, personally; she knew them from around the school, familiar faces from the hall, but not people who hung out in her cliques. More importantly, neither of them were Cams, so that sucked.

Still, Jae’d made the effort to climb up the stairs and they were here now, so if nothing else she might as well say hey. Hell, maybe one of them had ran into her BFF so far and could give her pointers?

“Yo guys! Sup?”
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Sure is.” Vanessa nodded in agreement to Jae, carefully stepping out onto the roof to get a better look at both the view and her new company.

As she'd already acknowledged, they weren’t familiar faces. Cass was someone who kept to herself a lot and had never really done much of anything to catch Vanessa’s interest. Travis came across a bit more outspoken, but again they moved in different circles. He had a pretty good bod though, she’d give him that.

She pondered: three out of four people she’d met so far had not been people she knew well. It was almost a little weird to actually think about how many people you saw at school every day without knowing anything about them. Weirder still to think she was in a situation where that could end up putting a bullet in her face.

She decided again to put that thought out of her mind. If nothing else, Trav and Cass hadn’t tried to maul the other half of Jae’s face off, so that was a good start. More to the point, she didn’t want to become paranoid and start second guessing everyone she met. That was probably exactly what those terrorist pricks wanted.

“Been a hella morning, though, you're right there.” She smirked, moving closer to the other two but still not quite sitting, not quite able to relax. She was holding the table leg casually draped in her left hand, oblivious to how it might've looked. “You guys know some blue haired chick named Nancy? She was not taking this whole thing well.” Oh yeah, because freaking out about being abducted by terrorists was so unreasonable. Vanessa had to admit that she had grown just a little bit concerned about her; she hoped that Nancy hadn't ran into some trouble after bolting out of the staff lounge.

“Not as bad as Alvaro Vacanti’s doing though, as my fucked up friend here demonstrates.”

She gestured at her travelling companion with a flourish, as if Jae was her lovely assistant on a stage in Vegas.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Don’t mind if I do.” Vanessa nodded at Jae, taking the cigarette from him as he lit it up for her. Mm, nicotine.

Truth be told Vanessa wasn’t actually that much of a smoker, but she wasn’t going to say no to something to chill her out at a time like this. Underneath the cool exterior she’d been presenting to everyone else, the fact that they were in a life or death situation was not lost on her.

Looking out from beyond the rooftop and to the island, Vanessa took advantage of the quiet to reflect. It was still hard to swallow that she was standing where she was; you heard about kids being abducted and put in these things, but you’d never think it would’ve happened to you. Kingman wasn’t exactly the centre of attention of the world, and you wouldn’t think it would be the first choice for an act of terror. Just her luck, she figured.

So there she was, stood on a rooftop with three people she’d never talk to otherwise. One of them was half crippled, and all her classmates were running around below trying to do the same, if not worse, to each other. It was insane.

She couldn’t stop herself: what started as a quiet chuckle devolved into a mad laugh.

“This is some fucking bullshit. We’re going stand here and admire the view when we’re supposed to be running around trying to fucking kill each other?”

She was still laughing.

“Fuckin’ aye, what kind of joke is this supposed to be?”
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vanessa kept laughing, even as Cass and Trav looked at her as if the asylum was her true home. Jae's own words fell on mostly deaf ears.

“What would I rather be fucking doing? I’d rather be at the fucking science museum, learning how fucking magnets work!” she was shouting at Cass now, no malice in her voice but no restraint either. Even if she was trying to stop herself, it was unlikely that she’d be able to. “Jesus Christ, Cass, what am I supposed to fucking say? No-one told me about the part of the trip where terrorists come over and have us start going fucking slasher flick on each other!”

She turned to Trav, still shouting. “So how’re we going to make the most of things then, huh? You want to stand up here and admire the view until we’re all fucking dead instead? Going to watch the sun set and ignore any gunshots or death screams from down there as our classmates pull out their first amendment rights on each other?”

She may have had a point behind what she was saying, but it wasn't a conscious one. Words were coming out that she wouldn’t have said if she could stop herself, but she just kept on yelling them all the same. After all, she was having a bad day.

“Fuck me if I know what I’m going to do! Find Cams, then fuck knows what! I’m not exactly a fucking expert in this kind of fucking situation! I just wanted to get out of school for one fucking day!”

She took deep breaths as she finished shouting, still holding the single finger in the air that she’d thrown up at the end of her rant. She stood there, looking between the three of them, as the mania that had swept over her gave her a moment of respite.
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vanessa realised, as she looked at their faces, just how Trav and Cass were seeing her right now. A mixture of disdain and shame was not something she was trying to cause at all, and seeing those emotions written all over her them made her feel just a little bit embarrassed for herself.

She let out a long sigh, letting her arms slump to her sides as her posture relaxed. Yeah, the laugh and the scream had helped, she supposed (as much as anything could help right now), but she didn’t want to be doing it at other people’s expense. Jae and herself had just shown up after nowhere and made a scene, it occurred to her, and that wasn’t something to be proud of.

“Sorry.” She muttered, shifting on the spot as the cigarette dangled on her fingers. She looked out into the distance to avoid eye contact, but Jae wouldn’t let her stay distracted for long as he called out for them to leave for a second time.

“Yeah, sure.” She muttered again, tossing her tobacco down after Jae’s. She turned heel and was halfway up the roof, before she paused to turn back again.

“Hey guys, good luck out there. Don’t get yourselves killed.”

With a casual salute and a half-hearted smile, she turned and left. Only later would she slap herself in the head when she realised that she had forgotten to ask whether either of them had actually seen Cams.

((Vanessa Stone and Min-Jae Parker continued in We're Here Because We're Here))
V7 Freunde

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Rooftop · Next Topic »
Add Reply