Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rolodex of Hate; (Open)
Topic Started: Aug 13 2016, 04:45 PM (1,266 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((B10 Noah Whitley: V6 Start))

Noah gripped his hand around the object in his hands. He wasn't very keen towards sports; one season of little league was enough for him to swear off competitive sports forever. Still, he had to know if he could lift this monstrosity and use it like the form said. He had never heard of a sawblade slinger before, and yet here he was, lifting it up and preparing to toss the blade into the wall.

He lifted it up, held it out to his right, then swung it forward. The sawblade was released from the magnet, slid down, then was flung out of the bar. It flew in the air, and found itself embedded in the wall. Noah let out a cry.

"What the fuck? Seriously?" was all he could say.

Noah walked over and tried to pry the blade out of the wall, something he knew he had to be careful with. He had woken up a few minutes ago in what looked like an abandoned dorm room. He was lying on some old mattress, eaten by bugs and worn from the years. Next to him was the bag the fucker behind the game assigned, with a large blunt object lying on it. The paper with it said it was a sawblade slinger, and gave directions for how to use it.

As he struggled to get the blade out of the wall, Noah cursed his situation. He couldn't believe they'd pick his school out of every school for this game. He thought he'd just have fun on some dumb field trip and then go home and enjoy his peaceful day. But now he had to face the possibility of being murdered by a classmate, or being forced to kill. Both options disgusted him, but he knew he needed to be careful. He never watched Survival of the Fittest, but he knew well enough that people would play if given the chance. He wasn't going to kill if he didn't have to, but he needed to be ready. If that meant using some rejected video game weapon, so be it.

Noah finally managed to get the blade out of the wall, letting out some cries for fear of cutting his hands. He placed it back inside the slinger and lifted it up again.

"Okay. Second try," he said.

Noah lifted the slinger, swung it back, then flung it as hard as he could. This time, the whole thing flew out of his hands and against the wall. The blade still dislodged, and flew in the other direction before skittering across the floor. Noah screamed again and moved back. Two tries and he was only successful once. Noah knew the odds, and that made him worried for what would happen if he had to use it for real.

"Oh man, I am so fucked," he muttered.

He rubbed his forehead and groaned. He couldn't be the only person here having this much trouble.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah slouched and let out a groan. The sawblade slinger was going to be an interesting weapon. If he was back home and handed something like it, he could make a joke about how it was used to beat mastodons to death by cavemen. But no, it was his tool for survival. Somehow.

Noah walked over to the bed and picked the slinger up. He then walked over to where the blade fell on the floor. He reached down to pick it up, trying to be very careful, when he let out another cry. He lifted his hand back up. In his attempt to pick the sawblade up, he nicked his finger on the blade. He shook his hand and started to suck on his finger. As the taste of copper filled his mouth, he began to slightly bounce in place.

"Dammit!" he cried out, taking his finger out of his mouth.

There wasn't much blood, but it was still frustrating to be hurt this soon into his Survival of the Fittest experience. Out of frustration, he threw the slinger at the door, letting the large object bounce off the wooden door with a loud bang.

"God, screw this! Screw all of this!" he shouted.

He put his index finger back in his mouth and sucked on it. It hadn't even been ten minutes and Noah was properly peeved.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah bit down on his finger as he heard a knocking on the door. He pulled his finger out of his mouth and let out a groan through clenched teeth. The person outside, a girl, said they were coming in and to not do "whatever it is your thing can do, aight?"

"Oh, like make an ass of myself?" Noah muttered to himself. "Wait. What am I doing? Cock!"

The girl was starting to push open the door. Noah quickly moved forward and grabbed the slinger off the floor. He didn't have time to put the blade back in, but the slinger looked like it could beat someone bloody. He really didn't want to beat anyone like how Pina Bucket beat homeless men in bum fights, but he wanted to at least make a point at whoever was coming in.

The door opened and Noah saw the girl standing there. She looked poured into her sweater, and it also looked like she had a sword. A long, curved sword. Great. He got the bladed weapon that required precision and luck to use, as well as upper body strength to keep the slinger up. She could just penetrate him until something poured out, like poking a dead raccoon with a stick.

"Uh, yeah," Noah said once the girl saw him, the slinger raised up like a baseball bat, "I'd really rather nothing stupid happen quite so soon. Is that cool with you?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The girl stepped into the room. Noah kept the slinger raised, although he was already getting tired from holding it up. He made sure it was rested on his shoulder to relieve some stress, but it was starting to feel jittery. Sweater Girl was holding her long, dangerous sword close to her chest, and Noah was hoping she was planning on keeping it sheathed.

Of course, that was when a banshee decided to make its appearance and loudly scream in the hall. Noah jumped a bit in place. The other girl stepped back into the hall, giving Noah notice to lower his weapon. He wasn't sure who was in the hall, but from the other girl's reaction, someone else had just arrived and was startled by the sight of the girl.

"Oh fuck me," Noah muttered.

Noah leaned down and reached for his duffel bag, swinging it over his left shoulder. He kept the slinger in his right hand, and moved closer to the door. Sweater Girl had suggested they all calm down. Noah walked over to the sawblade on the ground.

"Yeah, 'calm' would be great," he said, leaning down to pick the saw up. He carefully lifted the edge up, managing to get it between his fingertips.

"I mean, it's preferable to screaming and jumping around, so I'd like some suggestions for alternative actions," he continued.

Noah put the sawblade back into the crook of the slinger, making sure it locked in with the magnet. Maybe this wasn't the best action to do while talking to these girls, but it had to be done before someone decided to go crazy. Granted, this wasn't the place for him to be having a fight, but Noah figured it couldn't hurt to be prepared.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah moved closer, putting himself closer to the hall with the other two girls. He could now see the other girl was Blair Moore. He was prepared to greet her, but Blair decided to greet him and Sweater Girl with projectile vomiting. Noah quickly leaped back into the dorm room, letting out a long cry of disgust.

"Okay, not what I had in mind, but thank you anyways," he said in response to Blair blowing chunks.

Noah stepped back closer to the girls, trying not to step in vomit. It was going to smell really bad, really quickly, and if these two had things to say, he'd hope it'd be before he added to the mixture on the floor.

"Um..." Noah was about to say when another figure appeared in the hall.

Sandra Dyer. Noah smiled a bit at the sight of her. She liked stand-up as much as he did, so it helped to see someone he was on somewhat decent terms with.

Sandra asked what Noah was holding. Noah looked at the slinger, then held it up.

"Oh, hey Sandra Dee," he began. "Apparently, these terrorists invented a new way to play frisbee golf and wanted me to promote it. But enough about me and my burgeoning spokesman career, can we get away from the crap on the floor? I'd rather talk without seeing what Blair had for breakfast."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah bit his lip as the girls in the hall moved in their various directions. Blair apologized for puking before walking away. Noah peered out the door and saw she was sitting in a lobby. Noah had no idea he was that close to a public area when he woke up and starting hurling blades at the wall. If anything, it was a good thing the only person who heard him dicking around was Sweater Girl.

Speaking of her, her name was apparently Maria, and she was bailing. Noah was surprised, but then got back to what mattered. Sandra wanted to move into a room further down the hall to talk. Noah hopped over the puddle of vomit and into the hall.

"Yeah, that sounds good," he said after Sandra moved to another room.

He was about to go with her when he heard Blair crying. He turned back and saw the girl crying into her hands.

"Hey, hold on a minute," he said to Sandra, who had just moved into the room.

Noah lowered the slinger and walked over towards Blair. He stood near her and cleared his throat.

"Hey, are you doing okay?" he asked. "Do you want to be alone, or do you want to come talk with Sandra and me?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah wanted to offer a comforting pat on the shoulder to Blair, but he wasn't sure if it was safe to approach her. The girl seemed really emotional, and considering the situation, there were a lot of reasons for it.

The girl did start to talk. Noah's eyes widened as she began to talk. She saw someone die. They had only been here for a few hours, and already at least one peer was dead. There were a few Jennifers at Cochise, none that Noah would know personally, but it was still harsh to think that one of them was already dead.

Noah covered his mouth with his free hand, looking back at Blair and down the hall where Sandra was.

"Oh my god..." he muttered.

Noah looked back at Blair. He then set the slinger on the floor and pulled his bag in front of him. He opened it up and rifled through his bag, pulling a bottle of water out. He quickly twisted the top off and held it out to Blair.

"Okay, calm down. Take a drink," he said to Blair. "Tell me exactly what happened."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Minor GMing approved)

"Yeah, it's totally cool. We can hang," Noah said to Blair. "But let's get out of the open. We'll be safer out of sight."

Noah patted Blair on the back.

"Come on, let's go chat."

Noah walked Blair towards the room Sandra was in, keeping one hand on her back and the other hand on the slinger. If someone was already dead, that confirmed the suspicion that it was likely this game would be just like all the others. Jennifer killing herself meant that it was now likely their peers would start killing one another. Even if Blair was a sobbing mess, Noah would still feel bad leaving her alone and defenseless in the lobby. Surely she'd be better off with two other people.

The two walked into Sandra's room, with Noah making sure to close the door behind him. He leaned his back against the door. He made a poor shield, but it was the best they seemed to have at the moment. Blair said she got rid of her weapon, and from the sight of the pot lid in Sandra's hand, it looked like she didn't have anything better. That meant Noah and his slinger were the best the trio had for protection. Noah had to internally laugh at the absurdity of being all that could save these girls from death and despair. But hey, even he knew it would be the right thing for a gentleman to do, so he was at least going to make his parents proud if these next few days were his last moments on Earth.

"Okay, let's dish," he said. "What are we going to do?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah listened patiently as Blair spoke. Getting the collars off would be a good plan, but highly risky. Noah put his free hand to the collar. It was surreal to think he had a bomb around his neck. Blair was right that they were listening and watching closely to see if they were messing with those. Not that Noah could figure these things out anyways. The most technological skill he had was editing YouTube videos. Sandra didn't have much to offer either.

"Yeah, I don't have much in mind about escaping," Noah said. "We're shit out of luck for supplies and don't have the skills to get these things off, even if we were to be sneaky."

Noah pursed his lips and rubbed his forehead.

"I guess if anything, the best thing to do would be to find a place to hole up, maybe find a bottleneck point where we can see and spot any dangerous threats coming before they find us. Maybe also come up with backup locations if we get separated."

Noah set the slinger down by his side and swung his bag in front of him and reached in, pulling out the map. Being on a horseshoe-shaped island meant that there were a few areas that would have advantageous vantage points. He quickly glanced over the map, then showed it to the girls.

"What about here?" he said, pointing to the bit of the island sticking out furthest to the west. "If we get to the shore away from the buildings, we might avoid a lot of the dangerous people. You know, rough it and take turns keeping watch."

"Or we could go south," Noah said, pointing to the southern tip of the island. "If we go past the storehouse, we might be able to hide out longer. Do either of those sound good?"

Noah smiled at the girls. This was going to be the worst week of their lives, and if he could do something for the benefit of his peers before he died, this was as good an opportunity as any.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sandra seemed to be on point with going south, but she asked about danger zones. Noah mentally kicked himself for not considering those. However, that was easy to deal with.

"Well, that's why backup locations are needed," he said, "so that we can run to them if we have to."

Sandra suddenly stood up and asked Noah to let her out of the room. Noah was slightly startled by this. They hadn't been in the room for long, but already Sandra wanted out. Noah bent down, grabbed the slinger, and stepped to the side.

"Okay, yeah. Sure. Go ahead," Noah said, moving his back from the door to the wall beside it. "Just don't go too far. We still don't know what's lurking around."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah waited quietly until Sandra left the room. He wanted to make a crack about how dangerous this was as if they were in a horror movie. But unfortunately, real life was scarier than a horror movie, and they were in one of the worst in the annals of human history. He just made a silent prayer that Sandra would immediately come back unharmed. He wasn't ready for things to go to shit quite yet.

Blair then voiced her concerns about the southern tip and finding people. She asked if that was what they really wanted. Noah rubbed the back of his head.

"Well, I don't know what you mean," Noah said. "Like, wouldn't you like to find the people you love the most before this falls apart? I know we're supposed to be suspicious of our friends and distrust everyone we even so much as breathed the same asbestos-ridden air with back in Cochise High, but I'm not ready to do that. It's too soon to treat everyone like some weird hybrid of Adolf Hitler, Charles Manson, and Chris Brown.

"Besides, we can always-"

Noah was interrupted by a knocking at the window. He quickly looked over and saw Sandra there. She gave them a thumbs up, then walked away. Noah slightly squinted at the sight of Sandra walking away.

"What the fuck..." he softly muttered.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah broke his gaze from Blair when she mentioned the video. It had been off his mind, but that was something they had watched back in the briefing. Friends turning against friends, blood being shed, betrayal and distrust being sowed. All of that all while reeling from their teacher being murdered in front of them. Noah tried to push it back out of his mind again. There would be a time to mourn and let the horror of the situation sit on his mind. That would be back home, if he got back home, with a prescription for Xanax and a therapist he saw regularly.

Blair said she didn't want to think like that, and Noah nodded to her comment about them not being killers.

"Yeah, we're not killers," Noah said. "At the very least, I don't want to be the killer they want me to be. I'm not one for being what people expect, and it's so far worked out wonderfully for me."

Sandra then returned. Noah grinned as she arrived at the door.

"Hey, welcome back," he said.

Noah looked at the map again.

"So, should we move out? Where should we go?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah nodded in response to what the girls said. Away from the bridge and walking south sounded like ideas he found worth pursuing. He was at least glad both girls could get along with his idea. Anything could happen here, and he wanted some comfort in knowing there were those who were on the same page as him.

"Okay, let's start walking," he said.

Noah slung his bag over his shoulder and picked up the slinger. He opened the door and stepped into the hallway.

"I'll stay in front since I'm probably the most intimidating person here. And I'm not just talking about my looks, I'm talking about my good friend...uh..."

Noah looked down at the sawblade slinger. He realized that it was getting to be a mouthful to say "sawblade slinger," and "slinger" on its own sounded too silly after a while. He needed a name for it, for his own sake. More importantly, he wanted something kinda funny, because it'd be a shame if he didn't come up with something amazing for this tool. Fortunately, a pun and a person came to mind.

"...Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000."

Yeah, that'll work.

"Yeah. Sawlaska and I will be the front line of defense. I got this."

With that, Noah walked down the hall and towards the exit of the staff dorms. This wasn't going to be the easiest time, but if he found two really good allies and if his weapon would be useful, then maybe things wouldn't be so bad.

((Noah Whitley continued in Why Y'all Gagging?))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · The Staff Dormitories A Block · Next Topic »
Add Reply