Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rolodex of Hate; (Open)
Topic Started: Aug 13 2016, 04:45 PM (1,267 Views)
CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sandra Dyer continued from Exhausted.))

This was a weird position to be in, to be honest, staring down three people as soon as she entered the door.

Sandra had pulled out her map as she left the depot, which begged the question of why she even bothered to pack it in in the first place. She looked at the map, noting that there were three main "blocks" on the island. She walked outside, and by comparing her surroundings with the map, she concluded that she was on the northwestern part of the island.

If she was going to find her friends, her best bet would be to head to each of those other "blocks". After a mental coin toss, she decided to head south first, which meant, from what she could tell, passing through a bit of rough terrain. Hah, for her? Piece of cake.

Though, since she was heading south anyway, she figured she might as well check some of the southern buildings in her block.

So.

She now found herself standing just inside the building, looking at three people who were... well, not locked in a standoff, but...

She could tell the atmosphere was tense.

The three people...

Noah. A friend. Funny guy, liked comedy, cool dude all around.

Two other people she didn't really know much about, except for their names. Maria and... Blake? Blaine? No, Blair. That was it.

It hadn't been a stealthy entrance at all. There was no way that didn't notice her.

In this tense situation, as she looked at each of them in turn, she could only think of one thing to say.

"Jesus Christ, Noah, what the fuck is that thing?"

Graceful as fuck.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
A bunch of things happened in quick succession. She laughed inwardly at Noah's little joke, before Blair staggered off.

Then Maria followed suit, pushing past her and leaving the building.

"Okay...?" Sandra said, looking to the door that Maria left through.

She turned back to Noah.

"Uh, yeah, but uh... we should move into a room, preferably one farther down the hallway."

She stepped over the puddle of sick, suppressing the urge to vomit herself. She travelled a bit farther down the hallway, picking a door at random.

"In here looks..." she started, opening the door, "...plain, but pretty clean. This'll do."

Sandra entered the room, expecting Noah to be right behind her.
Let's show that private threads still aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on the island in V6. If I started a thread in-game, you are welcome to join it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Uh, sure," Sandra said, looking back outside the room as Noah told her to wait. Noah moved toward Blair.

Sandra moved back into the room, sitting down on the bed. Her eyes idly scanned to room. There wasn't much of interest in the room, just a book or two laying on the floor. She eyed one of the books and saw the word 'Neurology' on the spine.

Nope. These books were useless to her.

She tuned into the conversation taking place outside just in time to hear Blair say that she saw someone jump off the bridge.

Sandra bit her lip. Someone had died already? It was suicide, but the fact that someone had already...

Sandra stood up, pacing around the room. Her emotions were bubbling up inside her.

"Fuck... fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck..." she muttered under her breath.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra had to calm down... she had to... for fucks sake, she didn't even know the girl that had jumped.

She stood in the middle of the room, thinking.

Her plan was to find her friends, and then...

And then what? She could say anything she wanted about strength in numbers, but it wouldn't change the fact that even if she did miraculously find all of her friends before any of them died and they all stuck together, there was nothing stopping them from getting picked off, one by one.

And if they did somehow make it to the end, they'd be forced to kill each other, or they would all die. Maybe someone else would say that dying together with your friends would be a noble sacrifice. Sandra thought that was bullshit.

She didn't want to die. That was it. Sacrificing herself to send some 'message' or something like that? Fuck that. Sandra wanted to survive, even if the chances were slim. Sure, finding friends would help, but she couldn't hang on to that ideal forever.

She looked to the door.

She knew that if she was going to survive, she'd need a better weapon.

Something like what Noah had.

The thought crossed her mind that she could probably pry it from Noah's hands. She shook that thought away. She wasn't going to resort to that. Not to her friends.

Sandra sat back down on the bed. She turned the pot lid over in her hands a few times.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"I don't know," Sandra said simply.

She didn't have an answer to their question. Not yet.

She had an end. Survive to the end of the game. Simple enough. Easier said than done, definitely, but... simple enough.

The question was... how. She had an end. She was still trying to find the means.

She had to get one thing straight and clear. She had to kill at least one person. Just the thought of it made her stomach turn, but...

It was a fact she tried not to think about.

That would come later. But would it? At any point within the next two weeks, even tomorrow, she could be lying down in a pool of her own blood. But then, details don't matter when you're dead. So, assuming she lived a decently long time, it would be something she'd have to think about.

Would it be better to wait it out, and then kill? Or kill, and then wait it out? Sandra realized that what she had thought mere moments ago was a lie. If she even wanted to have the choice available to her, it was something she would have to think about now.

Well, the first option was on the table with its own pros and cons. Obviously, it would be better to score a notch on her belt early, when not many people are on their guard, so she wouldn't have to deal with the late game people, the people who had survived those first few days and were now ready and prepared for killers to show up. But then, once she did get that one kill, she would be hounded. Or shunned. Even if no one came hunting her down, people would be distrustful of her. She might not have the ability to rely on numbers like she had originally planned.

Trying to get to the end before scoring a kill came with its own fair share of problems. Killing someone who had already made it to the end... someone who had already proven that they were one of the fittest, and could possibly have killed many other people... Sandra didn't know if that was viable either. Sure, they'd be tired, but so would she. And they'd probably have an arsenal compared to what she had.

Any way she looked at it, she hit a roadblock and got stuck.

I wonder how many I could get...

Sandra's eyes widened. No... Did she just think that? She shook her head. Whatever the hell that was, she wanted to... no, needed to get rid of it.

She looked up at Noah. At Noah's weapon.

Her frustration was building up again, and Sandra clenched her fists to try and abate it.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Well, I was planning on heading south anyway, but..." Sandra muttered.

Sandra took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. She wasn't sure how to feel about holing up. Sure, it made sense, but Sandra couldn't see herself staying in one place for too long.

Then suddenly...

"What about danger zones?" Sandra suddenly asked.

They were going to fuck with them. Sandra wouldn't be surprised if they called whatever location they were holing up in a danger zone after the first day, just for shits and giggles.

And they knew. And Sandra knew that they knew. There were, after all, cameras everything. She didn't need to have actually watched SOTF to know.

All this thinking about danger zones was making her feel trapped and claustrophobic.

"Noah," Sandra said, standing up, "let me outside for a bit."

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, don't worry about me," Sandra said, before moving past Noah and out into the hallway.

The smell of Blair's vomit from earlier stung in her nose, and Sandra turned away and headed down the hall in the other direction. She was just going to make a few laps around the building. She looped around, moving until she reached the window into the room they were in.

She knocked, gave a thumbs up, and kept walking.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sandra began to walk around again. Sandra began think again. And her thoughts, as they inevitably do, turned to what-ifs. Not what-ifs of situations on the island, of course, but what-ifs of things back at home.

What if she'd not gone on the trip? Well, she'd be safe at home, of course. She'd be with her family, and they wouldn't have to worry about her safety. Having her classmates gone would be terrible of course, and she'd probably be devastated to hear of their fates, but she'd be safe.

Here? There was no safety here. There was only ruin. Sandra thought. If she'd missed the trip, she'd be back at home. But she didn't miss the trip, and so she was here.

Home. The thought struck her, then. She wanted to go home, and that meant surviving, and that meant killing. At least once.

Sandra wanted to go home... but did she want it enough that she'd be willing to do... that?

She realized, at this point, that her thoughts were basically were going in circles. She needed to decide, right now, where she was going to cut that circle.

Sandra stopped, looking up. She made her way back inside the building, and stopped at the doorway of the room.

"Sorry about that, I'm back," she said.

She still hadn't decided.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
Noah asked where they should go, and Sandra shrugged. She was hoping that they could, at the very least, follow her original plan of circling around the island. It was something, at least. Better than nothing.

Blair said she wasn't going back to the bridge.

"Then, let's head south," Sandra suggested.

They could head south together, and Sandra would let them enact their plan of holing up or whatever it was. To be honest, Sandra had kind of lost the gist of Noah's plan somewhere in her walk around the building.

They could do that. Sandra wasn't going to join them. She needed to move around, she realized. She couldn't stay in one place for too long. So once they reached the southern tip of the island, Sandra was going to head right back up.

She always thought better when she was moving about, anyway.

In the past...

In the future...

CondorTalon
Member Avatar
Banki Assembly Line
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah," Sandra replied, as the headed out.

They'd head to the southern tip of the island, then...

Sandra didn't know what then.

She caught the tail end of Noah's name for his weapon. She sighed, then shook her head.

"What the actual fuck, Noah," she said with a chuckle.

((Sandra Dyer continued in Why Y'all Gagging?))

In the past...

In the future...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Staff Dormitories A Block · Next Topic »
Add Reply