Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Morphogenetic Fear; Open for everyone to be sad in~~
Topic Started: Aug 13 2016, 04:34 PM (724 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((G035 Alba Reyes: V6 Start))

"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got, I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the Block. Blah blah blah blah blah blah."

Alba muttered to herself as she walked along the shoreline. She couldn't believe that on top of everything, she had an old J Lo song in her head. Granted, she wouldn't be thinking of that song if she hadn't found a CD in her duffel bag with "JENNY FROM THE BLOCK" scribbled on it in sharpie. The song was stuck in her mind now, so she hummed the only line she knew as she walked along the shore.

Alba was slightly worried. She couldn't believe she was kidnapped and forced to play in Survival of the Fittest. Had she done something wrong? Was this punishment for something she or someone else did? She wasn't sure, so she kept walking along the shoreline as she tried to get her thoughts together, despite the J Lo song on her mind.

As she walked along, she noticed a girl ahead. Alba couldn't make her out. She might have been a senior. Alba began to walk a little faster. This girl was the first person she saw since she woke up, and she could use a friend here. As she got closer, she paused as she realized the girl was now down to her sweatpants. Alba raised an eyebrow, but then noticed the now pants less girl was rushing towards the sea.

Alba's eyes widened. There was no other land in sight, and there was no way a girl in her panties could swim for help. Alba rushed after her as she ran into the sea and started swimming.

"Hey!" she shouted as loud as she could. "What are you doing?!? Stop!"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba reached the sea, the waves starting to soak her shoes. She looked at the girl as she fell into the water, letting out a short wince. The girl didn't seem to know what she was doing, something Alba was familiar with right now, but it looked like she was calming down. The girl got up and started walking back to the shore. Alba nodded and waved her over.

"Okay, let's just come back and talk," Alba said.

Just then, Alba heard a sound behind her. She turned around and saw some boy running on the sand. He had just knocked over the other girl stuff and was running off with her bag. Alba's eyes widened and her mouth fell open. This guy was a thief! She couldn't believe he'd try to mug the girl while she wasn't looking.

"Hey!" Alba shouted at the guy. "That's not yours! Get back here!"

Alba turned away from the girl and began to run after the guy. Alba was a pretty good runner as a combination of her golf and roller derby training, but running on a sandy beach was a lot different than what she was used to. Either way, she was going after the sneak-thief.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Get back here!" Alba cried at the thief.

The thief had his hands inside the other girl's bag and was running for the trees. He finally just swung the bag in Alba's direction. Most of the items in the bag spilled out into the sand. Alba stopped running before the bag could hit her. By the time she focused on running again, the guy was already gone. Alba let out a quick groan. She couldn't believe she let the guy get away.

The other girl called out to Alba, asking what was going on. Alba turned back to the girl.

"Some guy just tried to run off with your stuff!" Alba shouted to the girl. "Just wait a moment, I'll get it back to you."

Albe knelt onto the sand and started throwing all the scattered contents back into the girl's bag. A few ration bars, some water, a deck of cards, all went back into the bag. Once it was all in, Alba began to walk back to the girl.

"Hey, I think I got everything back in," Alba said to the girl. "I think he stole some of your food, though."
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Uh... yeah, they're still here," Alba said, glancing around the beach. "I'll get them for ya."

The girl's clothes had been knocked onto the sand by the thief. They were scattered a bit, but Alba was sure she could get them all together for the girl.

Alba walked over to the clothes and started to pick them up. She had her bag and the girl's bag slung over one shoulder, with her other arm now being used to hold onto the girl's clothes. Once she had the clothes, she began to look around in the sand for the glasses. The last thing Alba wanted to do was break the girl's glasses after everything that just happened. Fortunately, she saw the black rectangular glasses lying in the sand. She picked them up and shook them, getting some loose sand off the lenses.

Alba then walked over to the girl. She held out the glasses to the wet, shivering girl.

"Here are your glasses," Alba said. "Are you okay?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba could see the girl wasn't doing well. The girl didn't even bother taking her clothes back, just her glasses, before sitting down on the beach. Alba wanted to ask about the clothes, but the girl started rambling about the horror of their situation. Alba could do nothing but slowly nod along as the girl talked about how they were likely to die in the next few days along with their friends and then be forgotten. Alba could start to feel a sinking in her stomach as well.

The girl was right, wasn't she? Alba was likely going to die here. She hadn't even turned seventeen yet, and she was going to die as part of some evil game. She was't going to play golf professionally, or go to college, nor would she see her little siblings grow up. All that would remain were the memories of those who were alive back home, all her social media accounts, and whatever she did here from the footage being recorded.

Alba shook her head. She couldn't think like that, and neither could this girl. Alba crouched down on the sand next to the sobbing girl, carefully holding the girl's clothes in her hands so they wouldn't get wet.

"Hey, hey, hey," Alba said. "Nothing's guaranteed yet. Maybe we'll find some friends with good weapons to protect us. Or maybe we'll get rescued like that one game. I mean, that was, what, 2007? 2008? Maybe the government knows what to do now that these games have happened enough. They could be coming for us right as we speak. Like, with jets and aircraft carriers and helicopters and such."

Alba cleared her throat.

"But if it means anything, I'd be willing to help you out while we're here. I mean, us girls gotta stick together, right?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba smiled as the girl agreed. It was good to know Alba already had a friend in this game. The girl then introduced herself as Bryony. It wasn't a name Alba was sure she had ever heard before. It must have been a foreign kind of name or something, kind of like her own. Alba stood up with Bryony.

"Oh, I'm Alba. Alba Reyes. I'm a junior, so maybe that's why you don't know me."

Alba then looked over the wet and red-eyed girl. She looked absolutely miserable after coming out of the ocean. Alba then perked up, looking back down at the pile of clothes on the ground. She quickly knelt down and grabbed the clothes, shaking some sand off as she held them out to Bryony.

"Here," she said. "You should get dressed before you catch cold."

Alba flashed the girl another smile. She hoped this would help get Bryony back into a good mood.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bryony thanked Alba and took the clothes. Alba let her walk away from the water so she could get dressed. Alba looked out to the sea and sighed. Alba had never seen the ocean before. Her family never really had the money for family vacations. Most vacations were to visit family around Arizona, but never to anything grand like the Pacific Ocean. Now that she thought of it, this was also her first time leaving the country. Alba always thought her first time out of the country would be for a golf competition or a study abroad program in college. It was quite strange to think about how she was experiencing so much because of the kidnapping. It wasn't the best way for her to experience these things, but she found it interesting and hoped these thoughts would be of some comfort in her time here.

Alba felt the ocean breeze blow her hair in the wind. She briefly closed her eyes and inhaled the scent of the salty sea. Bryony then said she was dressed. Alba opened her eyes and turned around.

"Great," Alba said.

Alba walked over to Bryony. She then looked up and down the sides of the beach.

"I guess we should move somewhere else," she told Bryony. "So, pick a direction and walk?"

Alba shrugged. She was really fine with whatever Bryony wanted, so she wanted her new friend to have some say if she had any opinions.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alba smiled at Bryony as Bryony suggested they go somewhere warm.

"Yeah, that sounds good to me too," Alba said. "I woke up outside, so I haven't seen any buildings yet. But I'm sure there's something nearby."

Alba walked with Bryony as they headed off the shoreline. Alba sighed in relief. This had been a weird start to her day, but hopefully things would turn around soon. Maybe Bryony had some tough friends who would help them out, or maybe they'd find a shelter to stay for the whole game. Maybe they'd find a way to get help to the island and save their peers. There had to be people looking for them, so maybe there was a way to draw them closer to the island.

All these thoughts fluttered around in Alba's head as they walked. The day was young, so there was always time to turn things around.

((Alba Reyes continued in The Gadfly Cometh))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Shoreline · Next Topic »
Add Reply