Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
V6 Launch Date
Topic Started: Jul 19 2016, 05:50 PM (821 Views)
Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Attention, handlers:

We are happy to announce a tentative V6 launch date of Saturday the 13th of August, 2016.

New applications will be accepted until the end of August 12th, 2016. At that point, they will be cut off, and only applications in progress may be continued.

Characters who remain in the critiquing process will still be critiqued until three days before the time of first rolls (around when the staff will actually conduct the rolls), at which point any unapproved characters will be forfeited. This is to prevent the unfair advantage that comes from having characters who do not run the risk of being hit by the first rolls.

In recognition of the fact that this deadline is pretty soon, staff will be striving to keep the critique pace very quick; you should always receive a critique within four days of submitting or editing a character (or of this post, for characters waiting for a critique at present). If you do not, feel free to PM the staffer handling your critique (or any staffer if your critique is not yet in progress).

If you have already had a character approved but have yet to confirm their participation in the V6 roll call, please make sure to do so ASAP. Any unconfirmed characters at the critique cutoff (roughly three days before first rolls) will be considered forfeit.

Any questions may be addressed here, and we'll try to answer them as promptly as possible.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Will pregame end when V6 officially launches? I understand this has been the case for past versions, but since the date of the launch is tentative, I was wondering if there's going to be some leeway to finish any pregame threads we have going on.
Edited by Ciel, Jul 25 2016, 12:00 PM.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As with V5, pregame will be open until the first rolls, and Memories from the Past will remain open until right before Endgame.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Goto Top

Maraoone
Member Avatar
COMIN OUT OF MY CAGE AND I'VE BEEN DOIN JUST FINE
[ *  *  * ]
What timezone will be used when considering the end of August 12? Like, do you mean 11:59 PM Eastern Time or 11:59 PM GMT =11?
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.

V5 Characters

Chat

Pledges

"Mara was a mistake." - Cicada, 2017
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Burned Handler
Member Avatar
I used to be a handler like you, then I turned into a horse.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Slam
Jul 27 2016, 11:48 AM
As with V5, pregame will be open until the first rolls, and Memories from the Past will remain open until right before Endgame.
How long will Meanwhile be open?
MurderWeasel getting impatient

Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.

Quote:

18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!

Quote:

16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene

Things SOTFers say
Offline Profile Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar
Mr. Danya
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

What timezone will be used when considering the end of August 12? Like, do you mean 11:59 PM Eastern Time or 11:59 PM GMT =11?

Due to different timezones and availability across the staff team, we can't really give an exact time when everything will be switched on. Just check the site around August 13th.

Quote:

How long will Meanwhile be open?

Indefinitely.
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright guys, that's time on apps.

If you missed the deadline, don't worry, there's a good chance some characters will go inactive at the start of the game, and those with no characters are first in line for adoption priority.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deamon
Member Avatar
Humans...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Remember everyone, Steve's profile was always there and I totally didn't mess up the permissions. Carry on.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
V6
V5
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
every time I see a post in this thread I keep thinking its going to be something like "v6 is cancelled" or delayed or something and i get scared
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
V6 has been postponed indefinitely.

Spoiler: click to toggle
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Offline Profile Goto Top

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
:c
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
The guy who went AFK for a few months
[ *  *  * ]
Seriously? No way....
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.

My Characters

[/spoiler]
Offline Profile Goto Top

Privyet
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
B) shit
Offline Profile Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Beep Beep
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MK Kilmarnock
Aug 13 2016, 11:36 AM
Posted Image
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dannyrulx
Member Avatar
The guy who went AFK for a few months
[ *  *  * ]
Dammit Espi, the masquerade was going so well...
You don't win the game of death by dying first. The name's a little misleading.

My Characters

[/spoiler]
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic