Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: Cambodia Mafia Game Thread; y'gotta DIG DEEP if you wanna win this game
Topic Started: Jul 6 2016, 12:57 AM (9,086 Views)
Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Got my role. Let's get this show on the road.
Peoples and Sheeples for V6
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I agree with Prim's last statement. As of this early phase of the game, mafia members wouldn't have a reason to lie about their vote yet. They could easily pass it off as "That one seemed suspicious to me" the next day. This will most likely change as the game progresses, but as of right now, we don't really have much to work with.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Frogue

@Prim, Rorick, Randomness: who should we be looking at? How do you think we should approach this lynch?

Well, as it has already been pointed out, the risk of the first lynch hitting a townie is quite high, given how little information we have as of now. I'll be frank, I was hesitant to join this round of Mafia at all when I first read the rules that are applied here, since I feel being forced to lynch someone Day 1 without much to go on helps the Mafia far more than it does the Town. But seeing as we have no choice, I'd definitely agree that we should announce our votes publicly, as has been said several times before.

As for who we should be looking at, I am not certain. People who haven't been as constructive as others yet obviously come to mind, like MW has pointed out. However, I do assume that there are scum members here who operate under the disguise of being constructive as well. Pointing out logical ways of approaching the lynch issue etc. are easy ways for scum members to try and gain "town points" early on. I know that I am doing basically the same here by pointing out things that are rather obvious, but I just mean to illustrate the fact that I am still equally suspicious of everyone here. While Lore is right that the town can only win by trusting in each other, it is all too easy to misplace said trust in an early phase like this.

That being said, I still would like to hear more out of the people who haven't contributed much yet nonetheless.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Randomness

Anyone who's played mafia with Toben knows that 'constructive' is his playstyle regardless of actual alignment

I feel that many have misread my actual intent, when I made the mentioned statements in my last post. Randomness and possibly others seem to assume that I was accusing or throwing shade at Toben for being constructive, when in reality, my point was the exact one Randomness is making in this quote. Toben is someone who is helpful regardless of rhis alignment, which I experienced in the last game of Mafia. However, having said that, I only meant to say that makes him neutral in my book of suspects, I was not trying to paint him scummy for being constructive.

At the time, I was asked for my opinion on who we should be looking at by Frogue. Those who have witnessed my playing style in RuPaul's Mafia, might have noticed that I usually state my opinion regardless of how helpful I consider it. Basically, as Randomness has correctly asserted, I gave a very long explanation for why I did not know who to look at. At the time, I could have simply answered 'I don't know, since I'm not familiar enough with you people's playing style', but that struck me as being even more pointless than what I wrote earlier.

In any case, I find myself in the same position now as in the last game of Mafia, with me making statements early, that seem to be scummy to a lot of people here. I have to say, I do find this a bit irritating, as it is the exact same playstyle I use when usually playing Mafia with other people, so I suppose it has something to do with this site's meta. I usually like to use a lot of words to describe facts or circumstances that could be summed up with fewer words, coupled with my tendency to add some sort of cautious self-awareness to my statements, this does seem to equal being scummy to some or most people here.

My current problem is that I believe this post will only lead to people further suspecting me sort of mirroring the events of last game. I had promisedf myself to not let myself get provoked by unjust accusations again, like it sadly was the case then. However, this time around, I almost feel someone might have made use of the knowledge that I tend to ramble on and draw attention to myself when accused. I am not necessarily saying that those calling me scummy are scum themselves, but I do see it possible that at least one of them purposefully threw more shade at me and if that was their Intention, it seems to have worked.

Anyway, I would also like to give my opinion on certain people, now that I have more to work with. As I have mentioned, I am still neutral on Toben. I see no reason to suspect him as of now, but at the same time, I'm not ruling him out as a potential suspect later on. The same goes for the majority of people here, with a few exceptions. Randomness for example strikes me as leaning more towards town, I cannot give a good description of why I feel this way, but the way he has constructed his arguments up to this point seem genuine to me.

Now RC struck me as odd at first, with his earlier suggestions being a bit questionable. However, I do agree that he is a bit hard to read and I can certainly imagine that said suggestions stem from an genuine attempt at being helpful, coupled with his usual enthusiasm. I do see him leaning a bit to the town side as well for that particular reason, which seems a bit odd to myself, but it's how I feel nonetheless.

Paige on the other hand seems a bit more iffy to me. While her earlier statement expressing her confusion as of the proceedings at the time might have been genuine, it could have also been a way to duck away from having to make a more detailed and precise statement. The fact that she's voting for me now since she will be unable to cast her vote later I can actually buy, since I do know that she has a tendency of being quite busy, so her vote now is somewhat understandable to me. However, knowing that this is in check with her usual behaviour, she might have made use of that exact fact to have an excuse for voting for someone vulnerable to accusations, namely me. Again, the experience of the last game of Mafia might have suggested to some that I'm a good target to pick on early, since I have the tendency to make myself more suspicious in responding to accusatiosn the way I do. In any case, Paige is a bit higher up on my own list of potential scum.

As for Toxie, Danny and Bik, I frankly have no idea. I haven't played Mafia with the former two before, so I don't know if this is their usual playing style. I do know that Bik usually doesn't tend to say much from the last game of Mafia, so I'm a little less inclined to suspect him.

Basically, I am still unsure of who to vote for. As I have said before, the prospect of having to lynch someone D1 with very little information to go by is a little off-putting to me. The fact that I seem to have become a prime suspect over my earlier statements is regrettable, of course, but since I would like to avoid me getting 'salty' over this, as I did in the last game, I will leave my defense at this, unless someone has more questions directed at me.

I also apologize for only including one quote in this post, but I am writing this from my phone, which is a bit tiring, so I will leave it at just that one Quote.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
MW

A question for Rorick: if you had to pick someone to vote for, who would you pick and why?

Still not entirely sure, to be honest. The one I'd definitely cross out on the list of potential voting candidates for this phase is Decoy, since his flavor knowledge can be of great use to town, obviously. As I said earlier, I won't vote for Randomness either, since he strikes me as being more town aligned. That being said:

Currently, I'd go with Bik. I was deciding between him, Toxie, Danny and EP prior to the last few posts, but his last statement really struck me as odd. His reason for voting for MW seems shallow at best, with him even admitting that it doesn't make sense statistically. Now usually I would assume that scum would try to not stand out too much, especially with the voting system we got here, so that's what still makes me insecure whether he's really scum or not. However, my main reason for putting him on the top of my list of people to vote for right now is that if he is town aligned, he's not being a good townie by going with a vote that is rather situational, almost judgemental, if those are the correct terms. This does paint him as a bit careless to me and as such, not very helpful for the town. Either that, or he is trying to hide behind his usual attitude, which is rather relaxed and a bit non-caring, which I don't mean as an insult.

As has been said before, the chances that a townie is going to end up getting lynched at this stage are not very low, but if that were to happen, I'd rather it happen to a townie who is not very constructive. And since in Bik's case, I'm leaning a little more towards him being scum right now, I'm willing to take that risk. That being said, I haven't cast my vote yet and will probably wait a little longer, since things may still be said that could make me reconsider my vote.

If you wish me to elaborate further, do say so.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Also, I would like to remind people that there are only five hours left on this phase, in case someone forgot. Another update by Yugi would be nice anytime soon.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
So to sum up the current count, we have one vote for Toxie (by boogie) and presumably two more votes for either MW (by Bik), Danny (by Prim) or me (by Paige), probably two out of these three, unless there are more people who haven't publicly announced their vote yet.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Also, now I got ninja'd by Goose. Hooray.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Honestly, I feel Danny's statement is genuine, namely that he wants to be helpful on the one hand, but doesn't have anything he deems useful to add and therefore prefers staying quiet. I can't really give a more accurate description why, but I can sort of see where he's coming from, granted he is town.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Goose

Can't risk the chaos of a no-lynch and the randomness that may follow.

I might have misunderstood this, but isn't a lynch going to happen either way? I don't think a non-lynch is even an option in this game of Mafia. Apologies if I misread that statement.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Alright, I didn't know 'no-lynch' was the term for that. But yeah, it would be best for it not to come that far.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
First of all, I'm sorry for not voting, since I fell asleep while waiting for the countdown to near its end.

But yes, this is not good, especially since decoy was one of those who had flavor knowledge, which I assume is why he was killed. I would adivse anyone who possesses flavor knowledge to not reveal that fact in here right away and wait for a situation where it will be relevant, for example when someone is going to flavor claim. Since we already lost our doctor, we might not have another protective role for the town, so flavor savvy people, who are not already known for having said knowledge, should remain a bit more cautious.

That being said, I'm still kinda distrustful of Bik and EP, but so I was of Toxie before he was lynched, so I'll reserve further judgement until after we potentially get new info.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I'm starting to see a pattern with us Germans being too lazy to vote.

Actually, that is kind of appropriate.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
In fact, there are quite a few people who haven't said anything this phase yet, I believe. I too have slacked on posting relevant stuff in here for a few days now though, so I'm not exactly an example to follow.

Though Danny, Bik and RC are among the candidates I would like to hear more out of.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply