Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: Cambodia Mafia Game Thread; y'gotta DIG DEEP if you wanna win this game
Topic Started: Jul 6 2016, 12:57 AM (9,096 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am confirm.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Down with geese.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
General Goose
Jul 6 2016, 01:47 PM
backslash
Jul 6 2016, 01:37 PM
Down with geese.
I assume this is a shorthand way of indicating that you are down with geese, and not a desire for geese to go down.
Incorrect. Geese must be eliminated.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Paige and I are always on the same side, even when we aren't. Especially when we aren't, even.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The power of the Dank Side is no match for our might. Surrender now.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What I think MW was saying was that it's way too early to have any proper evidence that would give you a good reason to vote, so if someone has actually sent a vote in already, they're probably off the mark and are stuck unable to switch their vote, which would cause problems when we need to lynch.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Though now that I think about it: are votes going to be revealed after a lynch happens? And since lynches are compulsive, what happens if nobody sends a vote in on time?
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lore
Jul 6 2016, 03:37 PM
yeah, you're right especially considering the "someone dies everyday" thing. We basically have a time limit of 8 days to win because considering one person die during day phase and another during night time, it won't be a slow game. I was wrong thinking about it, we got to hustle.
I think you mean 8 phases, four days and four nights. That's not too much shorter than a normal game this size, though.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Missed that, thanks boogie.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Damn, our doctor and tracker both down by Day 2? :/ We need to step it up.

I'm leery of boogie since I'm pretty sure he's an indep and not necessarily pro-town, given how lynchers usually work. On the other hand, he's achieved his goal already and there's no reason for him to work against town while we still have the numbers. Not my first choice for a lynch, but a potential threat.

I'm also unsure of Empress Plush right now, since as a few other people pointed out she's been acting out of the ordinary of how she normally plays. I wouldn't chalk that up to playing a game with flavor that she isn't familiar with, because there wasn't much flavor talk on Day 1 and I'm not sure why she would have been confused by the voting system or the arguments for posting/not posting votes in the thread, which all seemed pretty straightforward to me. That and a last-ditch vote on someone other than the bandwagon with not much explanation, when there seemed to be a pretty good case for Toxie (flip notwithstanding) makes me suspicious.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hard to get a read on whether Bik was just trolling or not. I'm leaning towards "yes", but the very fact that it makes him hard to read is potentially dangerous.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue
Jul 15 2016, 01:13 PM
backslash

That and a last-ditch vote on someone other than the bandwagon with not much explanation, when there seemed to be a pretty good case for Toxie (flip notwithstanding) makes me suspicious.
E_P actually voted before anyone voted for Toxie, so it wasn't avoiding the bandwagon. At the time there'd been a decent case made for Rorick's scumminess, so it wasn't completely out of nowhere.

General questions, for anyone:

Is there anyone else who knows flavour? We've got three roles now, one town, one scum and one neutral, so it'd be good to put them in a wider context, see if that leads us anywhere.

What were your thoughts on the lynch yesterday? Thoughts on the night kill?

What should we be looking for in a lynch today?
Could have sworn Toxie had drawn suspicion before EP said anything, but alright. That makes her vote look a bit better, but the rest of my point still stands. Rorick, what do you think of EP's vote on you and continuing suspicion? Paige, is there anything behind your suspicion of Rorick besides "he's sneaky and questioned the lynch"?

I don't know anything about Survivor, sadly (or not, since that might save me from getting NK-ed). There is, of course, a wiki for it, but I'm finding it a little difficult to navigate at the moment. It's quite cluttered.

The lynch happened because Toxie made himself look suspicious and didn't give any sort of real defense, so it's hard to guess at who might be scum for voting him. I'd say decoy was probably killed for flavor knowledge, not taking out the people who knew stuff hurt scum in a big way during Drag Race mafia (see: the godfather lynch that resulted from a single typo).

As for potential lynches today... I'd like to hear more from Paige, but she's on my radar. Looking back through the other votes, I'm also sort of on board with Prim's reasoning for voting Danny. He hasn't contributed anything so far besides going "hi, please don't lynch me", when there was no reason to think he had suspicion or votes on him in the fist place. Could be jumpy scum trying to lay low.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Update on the Survivor wiki: It looks like most of the Cambodia characters on there don't actually have a lot of info about what they were like during the actual Cambodia season, just their original seasons. This is slightly problematic, given how someone who was a "hero" character in their first season could have acted villainous upon their return and vice versa. I'm not sure how much help it's going to be, flavor-wise.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm really not liking this "idk I'm confused" spiel that Paige is giving whenever she's prodded for more information. While there was some suspicion on Rorick when she first voted him, I'd think that there would be enough to look through in the thread after that fact to give her some idea of who else might be suspicion-worthy.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
And I am still hungry.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Empress Plush
Jul 16 2016, 01:32 PM
backslash
Jul 16 2016, 12:06 PM
I'm really not liking this "idk I'm confused" spiel that Paige is giving whenever she's prodded for more information. While there was some suspicion on Rorick when she first voted him, I'd think that there would be enough to look through in the thread after that fact to give her some idea of who else might be suspicion-worthy.
C'mon, Z. You know me better than that. I do dumb, silly shit in Mafia all the time simply because it amuses me. I stage elaborate role hoaxes and get into big senseless tunnel fights just because it's fun, and I play Mafia to have fun. Do you really think I could give up all my dumb tendencies for some boring "hahaha I don't know what's going on" scum defense when if I actually knew what was going on I'd have about a thousand stupid ideas to act on that would be way more interesting for me?

Like, I'm kinda starting to suspect you for how hard you're pushing this. You know I'm an easy lynch target to wind up, and you ALSO know me well enough both as a player and just as a person to know that I wouldn't do some basic shit like that, because there's nothing entertaining about it. And especially when you only need a small minority to derail the lynch, your relentlessness on this smells reeeeal fish.
Bitch I *am* the fish.
Spoiler: click to toggle

But you're right, I do know you better than that, I haven't seen your usual shenanigans since actual play started happening, and surely there's been adequate time by now for you to form SOME kind of other opinion, either reading more onto Rorick or onto other people you didn't consider before. That's why it feels like you're working some kind of angle to me.
Characters

Others

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply