Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: Cambodia Mafia Game Thread; y'gotta DIG DEEP if you wanna win this game
Topic Started: Jul 6 2016, 12:57 AM (9,491 Views)
Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well Randomness, we're suspicious together, because that's the exact same thing I have as well. I was told that I was a townie, and that I have flavor, but I'm not important enough to know it basically?

So we're either both scum telling a really bad lies or we've both gotten stuck with the second worst role I've ever had. At least we don't suffer alone either way. Whee!
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I got to say that you two are being suspicious right now. What are your thoughts, MW?
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, I actually trust Paige a lot now because of what she's said in her post, because I received the same reason for not knowing why I don't know my flavour role. That said, I'm quite a lot less confident in guessing who I am now that there are two of us. But now that Paige and I are now in the same shitty boat, that means there's a really good chance we are on the same side, and if either of us gets lynched, it should prove like 90% that the other is innocent.

So top of scum list for me is now Prim and Lore really, barring Frogue since that's a 99% thing right now. Prim's claim is a little iffy for me, given what I'm reading up, I'm not quite sure bulletproof quite fits Varner? Lore has caught my attention a few times for minor things, but I'm not remembering them 100% right now. I'll have to do another read through for anything more than this right now though.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
for me, it's prim that's looking suspicious right now because we got similar roles (I'm not bullet proof but bulletproof vests) with the similar color (green) but not the same flavor. It's kinda weird but possible.

I'll wait for my turn for the flavor though because I'd like to see someone to say they are me.
me by naft

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lore
Jul 28 2016, 12:00 PM
for me, it's prim that's looking suspicious right now because we got similar roles (I'm not bullet proof but bulletproof vests) with the similar color (green) but not the same flavor. It's kinda weird but possible.

I'll wait for my turn for the flavor though because I'd like to see someone to say they are me.
im lore
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Primrosette
Jul 27 2016, 04:20 PM
Alright. I'll go ahead and claim.

I am JEFF VARNER - BULLETPROOF TOWNIE. No one had tried to take a shot at me so far. So I think it can be helpful for one of the night phases. That's all that I have really. I don't have any other information to tell anyone.
Not digging this claim, barring a few specific things coming up to change my mind. Why? Well, for starters:

Me

2. I think we should probably mass-flavor-claim. Claiming actual roles is largely pointless with the knowledge that the game contains vanilla townies, as scum can basically just claim VT and hide behind that while all our power roles out themselves.

A bulletproof townie who scum know is bulletproof is not going to absorb a shot overnight. Claiming bulletproof accurately is almost invariably a bad idea, and doing so when I specifically just asked for flavor is weird. On the other hand, claiming bulletproof as scum/a cover is a pretty good way to explain your not dying and to dissuade town from taking a shot at you to check. Of note, bulletproof townie tends to look in all respects exactly like godfather. It's not a claim that mandates immediate condemnation, but... Prim still lives at the top of my suspect list after this, barring other revelations.

Prim

I got to say that you two are being suspicious right now. What are your thoughts, MW?

This also makes me suspect Prim more. It's trying to bury Randomness and Paige for an unconventional claim. As to that claim... we'll see, but I'm inclined to believe it, at least from Randomness. Paige knows Yugi's done this before, and thus could theoretically fall into line with a claim quickly. Given that we just saw a named townie get whacked, I just don't think Randomness is faking the bizarrely specific nature of the claim--it'd take a ton of research. Only way it makes much sense is if it's a concerted plan between Randomness and Paige, and it's being executed despite a townie dying overnight makes no sense, as it'd take only a single counterclaim to sink.

Paige's play also fits pretty well with a vanilla townie role. The only real thing making me look at her was some of he maneuvering done by backslash and Frogue, while her own play gels better with this claim.

So, tentatively, I trust both Randomness and Paige.

Randomness

But now that Paige and I are now in the same shitty boat, that means there's a really good chance we are on the same side, and if either of us gets lynched, it should prove like 90% that the other is innocent.

If Paige flips town, you're 100% town. Your flip means nothing about Paige, but frankly I think she's town anyways. If one more person claims flavorless townie, it also means you're effectively 100% town (while meaning nothing about Paige or the new claimant) as there's no way this game had five scum and a lyncher aimed at the doctor.

Lore

or me, it's prim that's looking suspicious right now because we got similar roles (I'm not bullet proof but bulletproof vests) with the similar color (green) but not the same flavor. It's kinda weird but possible.

Yyyyeeepppp. I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. Will need further details, but Lore's claim makes tons of sense from a game design perspective. That said, Lore and Prim can you both look at your PMs and confirm the color of your flavor text to me? I know you've both said it's green, but can you check again just to be totally sure for me?

Next in the list is RC, but he's been absent to the point we might be better off skipping him, which would leave Lore, Rorick, Goose, and Bik next up, with order largely a formality (I'm actually generally comfortable with Lore going last of the four, given the rest of the claim we already have).
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder drawn by Ryuki

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So I'm a screwed townie then. And yes, I can confirm that my flavour text is green. You know if Randomness and Paige turn out to be scum, then town will have shot themselves in the foot.

Also, Lore. Just say who you are. How funny I'm still scum in people's eyes.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I guess I won't be able to prove that I am really town. So everyone can vote for me if they are convinced that I am scum.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A few questions for Prim (and only Prim):

1. What about Randomness' and Paige's claims strikes you as suspicious? What do you think is their thought process/plan assuming they are scum?
2. Why did you continue to defend Backslash last phase for so long? What about her arguments was convincing to you?
3. What do you make of Frogue's play this phase? What are your thoughts on Frogue's claim to me?
4. What was the thought process behind your claiming role as well as flavor? How did you expect scum to react to your claim?
5. Of those who have not yet claimed in any way (RC, Rorick, Goose, Bik, and Danny) who strikes you as most suspicious, and why? Who strikes you as most likely to be town?
6. What is your read on Lore at present? What is it based on?

This will be really helpful in my attempt to properly calibrate my read on you. Thanks!
V7:
Library Vee

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And one for Yugi, that this game has reminded me of and has been niggling for like a year: I've gotta know. When I was Nagito Komaeda in SDR Mafia, was I really just a normal townie, or did I have some weird special role going on that I was unaware of?
V7:
Library Vee

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You were also a miller in that game, although your role PM didn't say so.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
1) Randomness and Paige can't claim who they are is really alarming bells to me and makes me raise an eyebrow at the both of them. It seems too convienient for the both of them to be town. Although one of them could be town (I'd go with Randomness on being town) or they are both scum pretending that they might be town.

2) I was just really trustful of backslash and it pretty much has placed me in a bad light right now. I started to have doubts about backlash near the end but I had already voted for Dannyrulx. So there was nothing that I could do.

3) I actually thought that Frogue was going to turn out to be a cop as they were asking a lot of questions and they seemed to be acting genuinely townish. But now we know that Frogue is scum. We can just vote for them anyway.

4) I don't know. I screwed myself up there, to be honest. That is all I can say really.

5) I can't read on them as they are being too quiet and I think they might all be town. Maybe?

6) I don't think Lore is town. I don't believe that she has almost the same role as me and that is really sketchy. So I don't trust Lore one bit.

That's all I can say really. I'm not very good at this.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think Prim's claim of bulletproof townie is suspicious because why make a bulletproof townie in the first place. It sounds out of place, and the only people that are bulletproofs are serial killers, arsonists, godfathers, werewolves, and survivors and bodyguards if you consider their bulletproof vests (in town of salem that is).

Bulletproof is mainly associated with scum for me, so Prim's claim doesn't sound good for town because of all the NKilling roles above. If she's telling the truth, she's really important to town and we must keep her alive, if not, she's a problem.

Either ways: as long as Prim isn't dead (for the notice of her full role and flavor) or if someone cops her town, I don't want to trust her.
me by naft

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@Yugi. Just out of curiosity, can you reveal someone's role if they asked you to?
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That would be totally unbalanced, so no.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply