Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: Cambodia Mafia Game Thread; y'gotta DIG DEEP if you wanna win this game
Topic Started: Jul 6 2016, 12:57 AM (9,490 Views)
frogue
Member Avatar
just a picture of a cloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah I'm scum. MW is telling the truth.

Vote: me.
Links

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
rip frogue

also rip me for believing backslash's "it's so crazy it has to be true!!!!" strat.
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Well, this day phase will certainly be a short one. I get the feeling frogue is trying to play the jester card, but there's no way there would be a jester in a Survivor-themed Mafia.
Peoples and Sheeples for V6

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
oh my god my scumdar is absolute shit this game, the only thing that can absolve me is Rorick turning out to be scum, pls RNGsus.

But yeah, let's kill frogue. That seems a reasonable course of action. I'm curious though, froggles: why fess up?
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll be honest, I actually thought that backlash was telling the truth. I really are not very good at reading others. Well, at least, we've got one of the scum people now, which is a big relief. I'm a bit surprised that Frogue isn't trying to stop this from happening. It does make me feel a bit wary. If there is a jester in this game, I hope it isn't going to turn out to be Frogue.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Frogue is, well, obviously scum especially with the info we got from MW.
Like sucks to be them, but why kill Vyse instead of MW? One has much more information about Frogue than the other, right?

Why kill Vyse instead of MW?
me by naft

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
On that, we also know another scum flavor, and chances are, following the death from yesterday's night, we can assume that the flavor seen in the flavor text is actually the identity of the killing maf.
me by naft

Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
One thing is that scum know that Frogue is in trouble either way with a scum flip on Z. This also puts Toben in squarely townie territory since his play would be honestly on a ridiculous level if he was scum.

A possibility to why Vyse died is always redirection of night abilities of some sort. Scum might also be trying to work some weird mind game where they keep Toben alive to cast some doubt on him. There might also be things going on behind the scenes. Either way, I don't think it matters too much this phase, but I'll admit we should be doing stuff to clear out the third and perhaps fourth members of the mafia from the remaining people. I know I'm seen as one of the shifty ones, and for good reason too, but I feel further sifting would help too rather than sitting on the fact that Frogue has been caught out.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
re: Why Frogue is throwing in the towel, it's basically a way to stop town from getting anything of meaning from the discussion. Remaining non-Frogue scum can pile aboard the train (or not) and it doesn't matter or give us anything to work off. I tend to pull similar stuff when cornered, and there's basically no way out of the situation at this stage since I dumped claim info yesterday. There's also potential for some shifty plays when votes pile onto one person, as I discuss below.

Lore

Like sucks to be them, but why kill Vyse instead of MW? One has much more information about Frogue than the other, right?

Why kill Vyse instead of MW?

Frogue in the Mason Chat

I figured killing you night two would just look petty :p

We've been having a nice chat about theory and stuff, after getting over the initial awkwardness.

A few things we should do:

1. We should definitely lynch Frogue, but in a careful way involving intentionally splitting the votes. We should have three very trusted people (I nominate myself, Boogie, and probably Danny) vote for whoever is second most suspicious to Frogue. Everyone else votes Frogue.

The purpose here is so that, if the idol bounced to scum, we don't open up a door for them to idol Frogue and force a lynch on a townie, wasting a phase, killing a townie, and potentially getting back into the game. At three on the second choice, we should force a tie (and thus a runoff vote that we can swing) even if there are three remaining scum and they vote someone en masse.

2. I think we should probably mass-flavor-claim. Claiming actual roles is largely pointless with the knowledge that the game contains vanilla townies, as scum can basically just claim VT and hide behind that while all our power roles out themselves. That said, if power roles have valuable information, then they should use their discretion. However, please don't claim preemptively.

Speaking of, I think we should flavor claim in a very specific order. The order is as follows:

1. Prim
2. Randomness
3. Paige
4. RC
5. Lore*
6. Rorick*
7. Goose*
8. Bik*
9. Danny

Ommitted are Frogue, Boogie, and myself--our flavor is already out in the open.

*order is largely interchangeable

If that looks familiar, it's because it's pretty much my suspicion list. If you're near the top of the list and town, this is actually good for you as it gives you a chance to make your claim look better. If someone claims your fluff, you should hold your counter-claim until your turn to claim comes up unless we're, like, two days or so from phase end. This is to deny potential remaining scum information on what characters are in the game.

Thoughts?
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder drawn by Ryuki

Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll say that I like the idea. I was almost going to claim first, thinking that it would give zero information to scum, but it actually does a little.

Ready to claim whenever.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

frogue
Member Avatar
just a picture of a cloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No objections here
Links

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Sounds like a plan.
Peoples and Sheeples for V6

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I guess I'm okay with claiming. If it can be helpful in some way. Do I need to wait for everyone to say that they would like to claim, MW? Or should I just start right away? I never thought that I would be at the top but okay.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sure, I can claim!
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Leaf
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Alright. Claim train aborded.
me by naft

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply