Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Library Is The Power House Of The Student; open
Topic Started: May 25 2016, 01:03 PM (944 Views)
Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
What time is it? Rea awoke from her sleep in the library. She tried standing up, but with a thud her head connected with a bookshelf.
"Argh! Son of a..." She yelled, but then trailed off when she realised where she was. She tried standing up again, this time being more careful to not accidentally hit her head on a solid block of wood.

Rubbing her eyes, she slowly got to her feet, blinking as her eyes adjusted to the light. She checked her watch, but the display read blank. She needed to get some batteries into that thing, and soon. But in the meantime, she should ask someone what time it was. Reliance on the kindness of strangers. What am I, homeless?

She looked around the Library for a few moments, before laying eyes on someone she thought she had seen before, though she couldn't recall where. She stumbled towards this person, still not quite awake, and before long Rea was towering over her, her shadow on the girl's books alerting her to Rea's presence.

"Sorry, I was just wondering if you had the time?" she asked the girl.
I'm still here, just lurking though for the most part.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
Rea rubbed her eyes, and stared down at the diminutive girl.
"The time. I was wondering if you had the time." She became irritated with having to repeat herself to the dwarfish student below her. Before she could answer, Rea's head snapped to one side, narrowing her eyes at another student who seemed intent on staring at her.

"Hold on," She said. "I think that girl is staring at me. Do you know what her name is?"
Rea's eyes fell on the girl she was speaking to again. "And while I'm here, haven't I seen you somewhere around before?"
Edited by Spinnentier, Jul 3 2016, 02:25 PM.

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
Rea was too tired to deal with this. Fiyori, a girl she had never actually met, had walked towards her and dramatically pointed at her, apparently mad at Rea for making noise in the library. Which was odd, considering that from what she had heard around the school the girl was more interested in drugs and partying than graduating. So either she was trying to turn over a new leaf and get serious about her schooling life, or the more obvious answer of trying to mock her. Which was exactly what she needed right now.

Rea yawned, and rubbed her eyes, before finally sitting down next to Dot. Without realising it, she had closed her eyes and had begun to drift off to sleep.
She shook herself awake, fairly used to this sort of thing by now, and became aware of her surroundings. Straightening her hair, she turned to the bespectacled dwarf next to her.

"I'm doing alright," she replied to Dot's question. "I could do with knowing who those people are over there. And why that girl decided to point at me."

It was around this time that a Rea noticed a boy she from her year level standing near the entrance of the library. He was one of the few people at the school who was taller than she was, and by a good dozen centimetres too. Dammit. Not centimetres, inches. Nobody she knew here used the metric system, and after moving here she had been making a diligent effort to learn the ways of the Imperial System.

The boy walked forwards, then stopped to look at the two groups of girls sitting down. After briefly looking at both of them, he walked towards a table near the other group. He wasn't checking her out, was he?

"Oh, and who's the giraffe over there?" She asked Dot.

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
He didn't even look at her when he spoke. He just stared down at his book, speech thrown in the vague direction of Rea.

There was definitely something off about this guy. The way he walked into the library, stood there staring at each of the girls individually for what seemed to her minutes, and then sat down by himself, opening a book and becoming lost in it.

Of course, the boy wasn't the strangest occurrence in the library in the last ten minutes, as a severely damaged chair lying on the floor would show. The two girls on one of the other tables had apparently had a fight, a large one by the looks of things.

The darker-haired one with the glasses had become enraged by the other, dramatically throwing a chair to the ground in a fit of rage.

Rea had no idea why, though. All she saw happen was the other girl clasp the dark-haired one by the arm and walk off. Which seemingly enraged her. Maybe there was something wrong with her? After all, this was the same girl who had theatrically pointed at her, accusing her of being overly loud in the library, so maybe she wasn't fully herself today?

From what she'd heard around the school, a rumoured drug habit might have something to do with it. But what did she know, she wasn't an accomplished neurosurgeon like her mother (yet).

But that was all over now, and she probably didn't want to know anyway. And besides, the boy had spoken to her (and proven exceptionally good hearing in the process).

"Fine, what animal would you be then?" She replied to him. "And who are you, anyway, and what were you doing staring at us when you walked in?"
Rea had decided to get information about the boy from the boy himself, suddenly disregarding the option to have a quiet conversation in the library and substituting it with a rather louder conversation across the library.

This, coupled with the somewhat loud noise she made waking up made her wonder how long it would be before she was kicked out. Even if she was, though, it wasn't much of a problem.

There were plenty more places in the school to sleep.

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
He didn't even look at her when he spoke. He just stared down at his book, speech thrown in the vague direction of Rea.

There was definitely something off about this guy. The way he walked into the library, stood there staring at each of the girls individually for what seemed to her minutes, and then sat down by himself, opening a book and becoming lost in it.

Of course, the boy wasn't the strangest occurrence in the library in the last ten minutes, as a severely damaged chair lying on the floor would show. The two girls on one of the other tables had apparently had a fight, a large one by the looks of things.

The darker-haired one with the glasses had become enraged by the other, dramatically throwing a chair to the ground in a fit of rage.

Rea had no idea why, though. All she saw happen was the other girl clasp the dark-haired one by the arm and walk off. Which seemingly enraged her. Maybe there was something wrong with her? After all, this was the same girl who had theatrically pointed at her, accusing her of being overly loud in the library, so maybe she wasn't fully herself today?

From what she'd heard around the school, a rumoured drug habit might have something to do with it. But what did she know, she wasn't an accomplished neurosurgeon like her mother (yet).

But that was all over now, and she probably didn't want to know anyway. And besides, the boy had spoken to her (and proven exceptionally good hearing in the process).

"Fine, what animal would you be then?" She replied to him. "And who are you, anyway, and what were you doing staring at us when you walked in?"
Rea had decided to get information about the boy from the boy himself, suddenly disregarding the option to have a quiet conversation in the library and substituting it with a rather louder conversation across the library.

This, coupled with the somewhat loud noise she made waking up made her wonder how long it would be before she was kicked out. Even if she was, though, it wasn't much of a problem.

There were plenty more places in the school to sleep.

Spinnentier
Member Avatar
Tormento Pabulum
[ * ]
"I was just watching Fiyori completely lose it and storm off before you walked in," Answering the goth's question and gesturing to the fallen chair while doing so. The goth had just strolled into the library and begun leaning on the boy's table before speaking.

According to the boy, he was just "looking at everyone else in the room", all of whom just happened to be girls. Ugh. She didn't have the energy to put up with horny teenagers right now; what she needed was sleep.

"Ask your boyfriend about it Ashley, or whatever your name is," She said, standing up from her chair. This place was too chaotic to rest in, from the pointing to the fight to Goliath strolling into the place and blatantly staring at her, it was fair to say (at least to her) the place wasn't exactly suitable for her at the moment. Looking around, she located the exit and left the building, stretching as she passed the doors.

((Rea Adams, Continued in Morning Dew))
Edited by Spinnentier, Jul 9 2016, 10:05 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Beale Library · Next Topic »
Add Reply