Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Romeo And Juliet; 'I forget, I forget, the movie song' - Scarlett McAfee's home
Topic Started: May 2 2016, 10:19 PM (858 Views)
Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Scarlett McAfee continued from Sadness Augmentation))

Scarlett was gazed down at her own copy of the novel, Macbeth, in her lap and she started to flick through the pages. She had to be honest. She didn't really understand much about this story. She wished that Mrs. Webber had made them do an assignment on a different story. Maybe something like Romeo and Juliet as she knew that one more better. Although, Scarlett did guess that it would be a good challenge to learn something new. What a strange thought she was having.

Scarlett hadn't minded being paired up with Ben Fields. He seemed like a nice person and she didn't feel uncomfortable in his presence. The other person in their group was the one who she didn't like being around. Aiden Slattery. He liked being called 'Beaks' but Scarlett didn't want to call him that, so she would use his real name. Which was possibly why Aiden stomped off to the bathroom or something. There was something about him that made Scarlett get a bad vibe from him. Maybe because he flirted with her in the past in a strange way made her want to stay clear of him. Well, after the three of them have hopefully finished this assignment, she wouldn't have to let Aiden into her home again. Why was he taking so long anyway?

Ben had said something to her. Scarlett looked up from her novel and she made eye contact with him. She was sitting pretty close to him on the couch so she moved a little as to not be too personal in his space. She knew some people didn't like how close people could sit beside them. So she wanted to somehow be.... polite? Anyway, Ben had said something about a thesis. Hm. Scarlett didn't have an idea for an thesis herself.

Scarlett nodded as she listened to Ben's idea of what they should do and she would agree that it would be an interesting subject that the three of them could work on. "I actually think that would be an interesting idea to do, Ben. I would be up for doing something like that. However.... We need to hear Aiden's opinion on this as well." Scarlett didn't really want Aiden's opinion but they were working on this assignment together so she had to suck it up and deal with Aiden for now. "We should wait for him to come back."

IF he came back.... She thought to herself, turning her attention back to the novel on her lap. This assignment would have been so much more easier to do if it was just her and Ben.
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett glanced back up as Ben was speaking to her and she was paying attention to him very carefully. She didn't really want to say anything about Aiden but Ben was talking about him. Should she just ask him to drop the subject? Well, Aiden wasn't with them right now and they weren't doing any harm. So she guessed that it was alright. Until Aiden was back in the room.

Scarlett was fiddling with the edge of one of the pages of her novel with her thumb and her finger. "I was only suggesting that we should wait for him in case, he would have an idea of his own." She still felt uneasy with Aiden being in her home. What was wrong with her? Was she just scared that he would try something with her again? Ugh. She really should try to be comfortable with Aiden around. She should give him a chance. "It wouldn't be fair if we concluded that we would do your idea without hearing what he thinks about it himself."

She raised an eyebrow slightly. It seemed that Ben might not like having Aiden as a third partner either. However, she couldn't just tell Aiden to leave and work on his own. Yes, she didn't really like him but she didn't want to come off as the bad guy here.

Scarlett was thinking about Aiden for a few seconds. Maybe he really wasn't that bad of a guy. Maybe she was just too quick to judge him as a person. She actually felt a pang of guilt. Would it even bother Aiden if she told him why she didn't even like him that much? Maybe she was just thinking about things too hard. She had noticed that whenever she had seen Aiden, he would give her a goofy grin or smile. Strange.

"Aiden seems like a good person at heart. I don't think he's too bad. Maybe just misunderstood sometimes...." She was talking a bit quietly now. She didn't know why she was. Maybe she just didn't want Aiden to hear her or something. She felt like she was being silly now. "I'll be honest with you, Ben. I don't really like Aiden that much. And I normally like a lot of people. But Aiden.... I don't know why I always feel uneasy and uncomfortable around him. I'm not a bac person for disliking him. ....Am I?"

Scarlett was now feeling more unsure about how she felt about Aiden. She hoped that Ben didn't mind her own opinion. She bit down on her lower lip and she flicked through one of the pages in Macbeth. She was staying quiet and waiting for Ben to speak again.
Edited by Primrosette, May 11 2016, 11:27 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett didn't even get a chance to say anything to Ben. Because Aiden had entered the room. His voice sounded very chipper and slightly smug. So she decided to stop that conversation with Ben and she put her focus onto Aiden. Which wasn't that hard. All she had to do was turn her head and give Aiden a look. She didn't even know why he was raising his hand as he was speaking. At least he was joining them now and that was all that mattered at that moment.

"Are you okay...?" She asked unsurely as she was still fiddling with the edge of a page and she tried to give him one of her friendly smiles. "You were gone for some time. We decided to wait for you to hear your opinion, Aiden."

Scarlett really did prefer to call 'Beaks' Aiden. She felt a bit more comfortable with it. If Aiden didn't like it, then he would just deal with it. Maybe? Scarlett actually liked his name but she wasn't going to tell him that. What if he tried to flirt with her again? Now she was just feeling slightly paranoid.

Scarlett moved closer to Ben's side a little and she patted at the space beside her on the couch. "....You can sit beside me if you want to. Unless you want to sit on the floor, then that's okay too." She suggested to the boy who was still standing and she waited for him or Ben to say something.
Edited by Primrosette, May 17 2016, 05:00 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett was a bit surprised that Aiden decided to sit on the floor but she tried to not show it too much. Which wasn't that hard to do. It felt strange that she had to look down at Aiden on the ground. He looked like a small little kid to her. She must have been a little too uneased to think a weird thought like that. Ben seemed to be calm about everything so far. That was a good start as long as Aiden didn't say anything that would annoy the both of them. Then everything was going to be alright. Scarlett was actually starting to feel a bit more relaxed.

Aiden was asking if there was anything that he needed to know about. She decided that she should get Ben to explain what they should do. Afterall it had been Ben's idea, not hers. "I think Ben should tell you about what we were discussing about." She nodded at Ben with a warm, small smile on her face. "I actually think Ben came up with something pretty good for us to do."
Edited by Primrosette, May 25 2016, 11:59 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett raised an eyebrow after Aiden's suggestion to do some of the acts like that and taking notes. That was actually a smart idea and it would give them less to read through. Sometimes less is better. She couldn't believe that she was thinking of agreeing with Aiden. But she was willing to risk it. Just give him a chance.

"Actually.... I like the idea of splitting the acts up and taking notes, Aiden. It sounds like it would be easier for us to work with. I couldn't mind doing two acts and you guys can decide what you would like to do." She gave Ben a nod and then she gave Aiden a small smile. Maybe Aiden wasn't that bad. "Great idea, Aiden."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
They had been silent when they were working through the acts and Scarlett preferred that. Although, there were some parts that she was confused about. But she knew that she would possibly figure it out later. Scarlett looked up a few times to peek at the other two. Ben seemed to be concentrating really hard on what he was doing. That was good. But Aiden.... She noticed that he seemed to be struggling. Scarlett felt a little sorry for him. Maybe they should have worked on it together in the first place. Scarlett stared back down at one of the pages and she suddenly heard Aiden talking to her.

Hm? A puzzle? An odd thing to ask her about. But maybe it would help Aiden relax. Scarlett glanced over at him and she closed her book. She made a mental note in her mind to remember what page she was on. She would have to show Aiden where some of the puzzle boxes have been stored away. She hadn't used one of them in about a year or so. So she was a bit glad that Aiden seemed interested in them.

"Well, it's not that weird of you to ask. Maybe a little. But yes, I do have some puzzles up in the attic. They might be kind of dusty but I hope you will be okay with that, Aiden." Scarlett said as she got up to her feet and she put her book down on the couch beside Ben. "I can show you them and you can pick out which one you would like to use."

Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett just stayed quiet as the other two were talking to each other. She felt like there was a bit of tension between Aiden and Ben. Sure, it was strange of Aiden to ask about puzzles. But it would be better to have him not looking like he was about to blow his top over reading the novel. Scarlett was struggling with it a little but she wouldn't lose her temper over it. She was glancing between the two of the guys. If it helped Aiden stay calm and collected, then she would be happy to not have a conflict between Ben and Aiden.

"Ben, it's fine. If he wants to use some puzzles then it should not be a problem. We will come right back after we get them. Okay?" Scarlett said quietly as she gave Ben a warm smile and then she started to walk out of the room slowly, glancing back at Aiden. "Let's get going, Aiden."
Edited by Primrosette, Jul 16 2016, 08:25 PM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett had watched the scene unfold with Aiden and she couldn't help but feel slightly embarrassed. Aiden was possibly being too overjoyed with her wanting to help him out. Especially over some puzzles. Well, at least he was going to try to work afterwards. Should she get him one of the small puzzles? She wasn't sure which ones that he would like to use. She was now leaving Ben all by himself. But she was sure that he would be alright. Ben would possibly like the peace and quiet. From Aiden anyway.

Scarlett started to head up the stairs slowly with Aiden and she looked back at Aiden. He really didn't seem that bad. She may have really been a poor judge of character after what happened between Aiden and Bradley. She then thought that she should not be too uncomfortable around Aiden anymore. "That would be a great help if you can focus on the novel when you are done with one of my puzzles. Maybe you could learn something new." Scarlett was started off a conversation with Aiden, trying to get to know him more. "So, puzzles.... Which ones do you normally like to do, Aiden?"

((Scarlett McAfee continued in And Then A Star.....
Edited by Primrosette, Jul 26 2016, 06:43 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Neighborhood · Next Topic »
Add Reply