Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RuPaul's Drag Race Mafia Game Thread; Woooooo girl, she already done had herses!
Topic Started: Apr 28 2016, 02:27 AM (10,584 Views)
Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I have received my role as well.

VOTE: YUGI

For taking too long to confirm that his role has been confirmed. Clearly, he wants to confuse us. Not today, Satan!
Peoples and Sheeples for V6
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Need help packin'?

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Told you Yugi was a bad bitch from the start. Can't trust a ho like that.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
By not killing, a Serial Killer could potentially try to make people think that there's no SK in the game and thus make them feel safer? If they are playing The Long Game, they could wait for numbers to get thinned out and then strike unexpectedly at the very end with few people left, taking peeps by surprise. I mean, it is a very risky tactic, sure, but I have seen it being used before.
Edited by Rorick Skyve, May 3 2016, 03:35 PM.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Cute. Won't vote for you in return though, no way I'm gonna sink to your level. Girl, if I was gonna come for you, I'd come into your room at night and cut your fuckin' wigs up!

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I apologize, though the edit only consisted of fixing a spelling error. I will refrain from doing that in the future.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Murderweasel

On the actual content: There's basically no reason for a typical serial killer to long con people, unless they have some sort of massive advantages.

Oh, I agree. I wasn't trying to say that the SK would gain anything from doing this, if anything, he would be taking an unnecessary risk by doing this. The people that I witnessed doing this in the past usually did it because they either enjoyed taking a gamble, or because of the potential payoff. Though unlikely, managing to be among the last few survivors and then killing off the last competitors out of nowhere is an incredibly satisfying way to win a game, satisfying enough for some people to take the risks that come with it.

That being said, I don't actually think this is what happened here. I do have slight doubts that there is a SK among us, however. The case of both scum and SK not successfully scoring a night kill is a rather unlikely one, unless maybe scum chose to not kill for some reason and the SK tried and failed for any of the reasons discussed and mentioned earlier. Just my two cents, which could be entirely off, of course.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I used 'he' as a pronoun because of me being used to German grammar, despite my best efforts to not slip up when writing in English.

In German, there are far less genderless words than in English and as such, "Serienmörder", the German equivalent of Serial Killer, is used to describe a male.

Though there also is a female variant, it is far less frequently used, thus why my first impulse was to think of the male variation and write 'he' in my post.

There, explanation enough, Tootsie?

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
RC

If there is a dmboogie-Rorick connection, which I think is not unlikely

You are basing that on the last exchange alone? I will admit, I too deemed it strange that boogie answered on my behalf, by trying to make us drop the topic. Still, I see it as nothing more than him deeming it irrelevant to the overall discussion, which doesn't seem that strange, really.

You seem to be quite quick to make assumptions and point fingers here. This is my first time playing with any of you, so I don't know if this is what you usually act like, RC, but it still strikes me as slightly odd. In any case, I assure you there is no "connection" between me and boogie, I know about as much about him as you do, maybe even less.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Well, it's not like we have anything better to discuss yet, wouldn't you say? We could sit here in silence for another three days, sure, but that'd be just as productive as these pointless discussions.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Didn't mean that in a condescending way, just wanted to point that out, even though my alter drag ego surely would.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Really though, you are free to believe what you want, RC. Just know that you are wrong in this case.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
RC, I would gladly show you proof of me being a townie, but as of this early state of the game, I, of course, have none. Let us end this discussion concerning my personage here for now, since I doubt it will get either of us anywhere. You are free to have your suspicions, but I will gladly prove you wrong once the moment is right and I get the oppurtunity to. If you even end up being on the Town's side, that is.

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Look, I know that my job is to find scum, I have played Mafia before, just not on this board. Still, I feel that I also need people to know I'm town when the time comes, or otherwise my opinions and such will fall on deaf ears. I do have the suspicion that what you are trying to do is discredit me early on, paint me as the newb that doesn't know what they're doing and such. I feel that if we both end up being town, this discussion right now will be detrimental to potential teamwork in the future, so I would - again - ask of you to end this discussion right here, okay?

Rorick Skyve
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Well, he said me and boogie were likely to work together - therefore implying we're both scum - based on the mere fact that boogie deemed an irrelevant topic as irrelevant before I could give an answer concerning that topic. Furthermore, neither RC nor anyone else here know my usual style of playing Mafia, simply assuming the way I behave is what scum would behave like.

This does slightly rub me the wrong way, I won't lie, thus why I am trying to justify my behaviour here. All I wanna say is that while I may not have evidence of being a Townie, neither do you have any sort of proof to the contrary. As long as that doesn't change - and it won't - I'd like to not needlessly prolong this any further.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply