Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RuPaul's Drag Race Mafia Game Thread; Woooooo girl, she already done had herses!
Topic Started: Apr 28 2016, 02:27 AM (10,365 Views)
frogue
Member Avatar
just a picture of a cloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I like all the references and I want to do that, but I can't, so I won't. Role confirmed.

(Can't because I'm not familiar with the show, not because of some post restriction, in the avoidance of confusion)
Links

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd make a joke but I'm not that funny
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laurels

Roxxxy?

I don't know who that is, sorry.
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
5. Mafia aren't able to kill every night, for some reason.
6. Mafia's kills don't present themselves immediately, eg. something similar to an arsonist.

Doctor could also be responsible for the kill failing, in addition to roleblocker.
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Bikriki, could you elaborate on why you chose to instantly vote for Murderweasel? Trying to parse what I'm assuming is maybe a quote(?) from the show, are you saying that you think MW is acting too helpful, or that you think it's suspicious that he's still alive?

Early vote without sufficient explanation rubs me wrong
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Bikriki, please explain your vote on Murderweasel

@Laurels, please explain this quote:

Laurels

He probably would spin a yarn and distract us, and honestly, we're not getting anywhere just wondering why all those shots missed last night, so I want Yugi to speak up.
This is very confusing. You express concern that Yugi will distract us with a yarn, but your way of avoiding this is to... ask him to speak up? Surely speaking up gives Yugi the best possible opportunity to distract us with a yarn.

Stating what someone probably will/won't do seems like you're trying to create a perception/narrative of them without evidence, and that reads to me as suspicious.

@Everyone posting gifs/nonsense/typing in weird patterns, it would be super helpful to confirm whether you're doing this for fun and by choice, or compulsively because of your role.
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Rorick please explain pronoun choice:
Rorick

Oh, I agree. I wasn't trying to say that the SK would gain anything from doing this, if anything, he would be taking an unnecessary risk by doing this.
@Laurels, Yugi, Deamon: interested that a seemingly-unprovoked and unexplained vote on MW from Bik elicited no comment from any of you. Why was it that you didn't find this worth commenting on?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@dmboogie: you don't see any informative value in someone seemingly knowing the gender of the serial killer?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@dmboogie: I'm not worrying about grammar, I'm simply asking Rorick to explain it. His explanation may well be that he was using it as a generic, but I'd thank you to let him answer for himself.

Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That in itself made it worth it in the end
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Yeah that was what I thought. Frogue was on my back about ignoring it though so...halleloo

Deamon

Nice subtle attempt to throw shade and make us look like a group.

Not throwing shade, not on your back, just asking whether you thought something was relevant or not. Someone asking why you did something should only be threatening if you don't have a good reason.

The reason I asked you, Laurels and Yugi is that you were the people who posted in the thread before I mentioned biks vote. No one else would be expected to comment, because it had already been commented on. In the interest of not making you look like a group, is the following formatting preferable?

Quote:

@Deamon: interested that a seemingly-unprovoked and unexplained vote on MW from Bik elicited no comment from you. Why was it that you didn't find this worth commenting on?

@Laurels: interested that a seemingly-unprovoked and unexplained vote on MW from Bik elicited no comment from you. Why was it that you didn't find this worth commenting on?

@Yugi: interested that a seemingly-unprovoked and unexplained vote on MW from Bik elicited no comment from you. Why was it that you didn't find this worth commenting on?
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Laurels, could you explain this post? As I mentioned here, it's a little ambiguous as to whether you do or don't want Yugi to speak up.
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laurels

I wanted him to speak, he did, and I moved on. That's all. Stop living in the past.
@Laurels, I'd comment on your future posts, but my crystal ball is kinda on the fritz right now, so this is all I have to work with. You said that you were worried Yugi would tell a story and distract us, which implies that you didn't want him to speak up. What made you think Yugi might do this? If him distracting us with a story wasn't a concern for you, why would you mention it?

This comes across a little as baseless suspicion-casting, and that makes me kinda suspicious in turn.

Rorick

I do understand that suspicion has been cast on me now, which might have even been the intention of some people here.
@Rorick, is there anyone in particular who you think might be intent on casting suspicion on you?

Deamon

Speaking of, Faith if you could offer any actual input into discussions so far that'd be cool, halleloo
@Deamon, not casting aspersion, just curious, why Faith in particular?

Bikriki

It's a pure polithy lynch. The polithy of me always falling for whatever charming charade Tobes pulls out but thooooo not this time, mister.
@Bikriki, I'd missed that you'd voted MW on day one, too. I'm pretty satisfied with this answer

Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rorick reads as town to me, pending flavour confirmation from someone who understands it. Watcher's a common enough role to make it a pretty risky fake claim. Safeclaims are a possibility I guess, though MK didn't use them in leaguemaf, which is the only other game I've played that he's run.

RC also reads town. Here, where he talks about the best way to utilise Rorick's powers, reads to me like a town way of thinking. I'm not sure I necessarily agree with it - I'm not sure how long Rorick's likely to live, so it might be better to try to use his powers to catch scum, rather than being able to confirm a player who's pretty unlikely to ever come forward and need confirming. I like what this line of thinking says about RC's mindset, though.

Along similar lines, light scumread on Slam. here he's puzzled by RC's question about the self voting, which makes me think he's not thinking in terms of maximizing town power role utility, which is a mark against.

There's also this post, which I really don't like. Slam acknowledges the momentum against Rorick, but doesn't really take any position on it. He mentions that there's a tradition of newbies getting lynched, which isn't wrong, but also serves as a reason for him not getting on board a Rorick train. He also mentions that Rorick's caginess is suspicious, but phrases it in such a way that it appears as if he's offering Rorick advice.

Slam at best makes no effort to put out the anti-Rorick fire, and at worst actually puts some fuel on it. This is exactly what mafia would want to do - encourage a nascent train without committing to it themselves - and because of this I'm looking v suspiciously at Slam.
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Backslash, does Bianca seem like someone who'd be a watcher? Is there like, a thematic connection?
Links

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply