Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RuPaul's Drag Race Mafia Game Thread; Woooooo girl, she already done had herses!
Topic Started: Apr 28 2016, 02:27 AM (10,586 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All T, all shade, all confirmed.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Girl the only help you're gonna get is help packing your bags on your way out the door.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Laurels
Apr 28 2016, 06:17 PM
Bitch, you don't got to fold some of Faith's stuff up. Just ball it up and throw it into Bag #5.
I'll just put it with the rest of yours and you two can go together.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Hi hello I am back from away.

Anyway, what I've gathered from reading through the last 7-8 pages:

-Rorick is being really jumpy and aggressive at anyone who points fingers in his direction, first at RC and now at Laurels. I also don't like the "I have reads but am withholding them" thing, it feels like a stall. If you have information that would save you from getting lynched, share it instead of holding it over our heads.

-Yugi's really only made one post that contributed anything and I'd like to know if he actually has anything to say or if he's just going to keep spamming Survivor gifs. I know he's a fan of Survivor, so I doubt those have anything to do with a post restriction.

-Laurels, boogie, and RC could go either way for me. I don't think boogie questioning Frogue on Rorick's choice of pronouns was really coming to his defense as much as it was pointing out a probably-pointless vein of questioning. I haven't got a good read on MW yet because his activity is lower than usual thanks to irl things or Bik because he's doing his usual thing. Slam, Faith, Flare, Prim, and Frogue are also neutral for me at this point.

-Lowkey town vibes from Randomness, Rugga, and Deamon at this point.

VOTE: RORICK

Also:
Posted Image
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rorick Skyve
May 6 2016, 12:01 PM
backslash

Rorick is being really jumpy and aggressive

No offense, but I would suggest reading the last pages again. I would agree that I was being overly defensive, yes, but aggressive? I tried explaining myself and I think I was rightfully suspicious of Laurels, who suggested to lynch either RC or me, without any actual evidence to justify this risk. You make it sound like I was unreasonable in my assumptions and overall statements and I can't tell if you are doing so purposefully or merely because you just returned and therefore had to go through tons of posts and maybe getting a different Impression.

In any case, I feel your vote against me seems too hasty. I cannot tell for sure, but I do have a hunch that you are intending to stir things up again and prompt more people to vote against me, throw more shade at me.
Perhaps "jumpy and overly defensive" would be better wording than "jumpy and aggressive", but it feels the same to me. The rush to shut down any and all suspicions towards you and the repeated assurances that you have things to contribute but are withholding them (and the fact that you only addressed the wording of the post and not my point about how it feels like you're stalling) still read poorly to me.

As for getting more people to vote for you: yes. We need a lynch and you're the most suspicious at this point. Give us a solid reason not to lynch you, and I'll reconsider.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

You are way too insistent on this, you come back and immediately start pressuring me all over again,

Posted Image

Bruh. I've made two posts, outlining my suspicions and why I have them. I hardly think that counts as being "way too insistent", especially since you still haven't given me anything of substance.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gurl, we know how lynching works. There's always a risk of hitting town, but advocating that town shouldn't take action doesn't help us. It makes us sitting ducks for the mafia to get their shit together and start picking people off.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rorick Skyve
May 6 2016, 12:56 PM
Also, I would have liked it if you actually adressed the points I made, instead of responding with vague comebacks. Another reason for me not to prolong this, unless you give me something else to work with, as I just stated.
Which points have I not responded to? I gave you my reasoning for why I'm suspicious of you and want a lynch, and I"m not going to tell you exactly what I want to hear to take my suspicion off you just so it can be parroted back at me. I want you to give me something besides passive-aggressiveness.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Primrosette
May 6 2016, 01:40 PM
This honestly just feels like some people just wants to get a lynch just to see Rorick is scum or town. I just think this is getting a bit out of hand. Since Rorick is the center of attention right now, mafia could easily hide away while this is happening. I'm not that convinced to vote for anyone right now. I think we should just wait a night and see if something happens.
We've already had a night to see what happens and nothing did. For one reason or another, we managed to avoid a nightkill but are still one townie down, so we shouldn't wait another night and waste the opportunity we have.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EBWOP: I don't necessarily want to lynch only Rorick; he's just the most suspicious to me right now. If someone else presents a more compelling case for being scum, then by all means I will switch my vote.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
UNVOTE

I don't think you're able to target yourself with a watcher ability normally, and if you get killed that gives us nothing either way. Unfortunately, this also leaves us back at square one. I'm leery at Prim jumping in to advocate a no lynch when she did, after more than one person had already made a case for why we shouldn't waste this phase, but other than that and Yugi not contributing, I've got nothing now.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EBWOP: ninja'd by the mod
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue
May 6 2016, 09:30 PM
Rorick reads as town to me, pending flavour confirmation from someone who understands it. Watcher's a common enough role to make it a pretty risky fake claim. Safeclaims are a possibility I guess, though MK didn't use them in leaguemaf, which is the only other game I've played that he's run.
If I'm understanding you correctly re: flavor confirmation:

I'm inclined to believe Rorick's claim on the basis that Bianca is a fan-favorite and possibly the most popular Drag Race winner of all time, I'd be shocked if she wasn't in this game, and given all of that it's not a claim I'd expect anyone to fake because of how quickly it would get shot down. Less certain on the ability claim but nobody has counterclaimed yet, so that lends credence.
Characters

Others

backslash
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue
May 6 2016, 10:10 PM
@Backslash, does Bianca seem like someone who'd be a watcher? Is there like, a thematic connection?
I'm less certain there. I suppose you could make the connection that she "watched out" for some of the other queens during her time on the show, giving a few of them advice or help when they needed it. She was/is mostly known for being a shady comedian. Still, I don't think it's out of the question for her to be watcher.
Characters

Others

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply