Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friends are neat; Randomness' Relationship Solicitation Service 2016
Topic Started: Apr 18 2016, 11:26 AM (444 Views)
Randomness
Member Avatar
Is in some state of existence
[ *  *  *  * ]
With my first character accepted for V6, its time for my first ever planning thread!

Right now it's just Amanda, so here's a quick run down of her:

Amanda is an immigrant from Singapore who arrives in the States in 2011. Shes naturally outgoing and cheerful and tends to be passionate about her hobbies. Right now her interests are in cooking, video games and soccer, but she's dabbled a little in everything and often pretends to know more about them than she actually does. She's a little bit of a busybody and is likely to have involved herself in several committees, to the point of being unable to handle them all. She's used to things going her way, and gets rather confused or upset when things turn against her.

I'm looking for both friends and foes. Amanda's rather personable, but tends to hang with the other students athletes for the most part. I'd like to find a couple close friends for her, if that's possible. For foes, there's plenty of reason for people to be upset with her too, maybe they've who worked on stuff she's flaked out on or annoyed at her poking her nose into their affairs.
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Backslash
I can totally see Amanda being on good terms with Cristobal, although she can be a little overbearing at times? I can see her disturbing 'Private Cris time' quite often given her attitude. If Cristobal is okay with that though, I think they could be good friends.

For Amanda, she doesn't mind spirited debates about things she enjoys and loves hearing about other's opinions. Nonetheless, I think Raina's attitude to this may be a bit grating for her and Amanda's opinion of her are likely to be somewhere between grudging acceptance and complete exasperation of the 'Oh my God, I can't believe this girl' type.

@ Deamon
Kimiko and Amanda would have several things in common and I can see their personalities meshing. I would think that they would know each other quite well, but I don't foresee Amanda having the patience picking up more than basic ASL. They would share like three languages though, if you count Hokkien. (Does she know Hokkien I'm totally assuming all Taiwanese people do right now). Definitely they'd be on good terms, but perhaps not quite close friends.

@Kami
Junko and Amanda are both a little flighty and are both outgoing and confident, with their shared interests, it's fairly possible that they'd be friends. However, Junko's attitude towards work is definitely something that Amanda would be very fond of and it could lead to some disagreement between them. Apart from that, íf they are good friends, I'd think that Amanda's natural curiosity would lead her to go along with most things Junko does, even if she may vocally object at the time.

@Cicada
Yeah, Irene sounds like the kind of person that Amanda would hang out with every so often. Perhaps they'd know each other from friends (from the soccer team maybe) but probably don't really hang out one on one?

As for Ben, I don't mind having them dated before. I'm thinking that it would likely have been an awkward affair, lasting no more than one, two dates before both sides realized that this just wasn't happening. They could still be friendly afterwards, but maybe things are still a little awkward between them from that?
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
@The Burned Handler
They’d definitely know each other and perhaps talk every so often, but Cris' disposition may make it a little difficult for Amanda to really get along with him very well. As for dating, I think if she’d known him as a friend before he’s asked her out I don’t think it’s very likely. Most likely they’d end up as just casual friends.

@Cicada

That works for me! The awkwardness would more likely be a “How the hell do I react after that” kind of uncertainty rather than actively trying to keep away from him.

@Violent Medic
Hmm, I can see a friendship with Danny working out. I’d feel they could be friends after his failed attempt at hitting on her. His work ethic might be grating on her at times, but I don’t see it being a deal breaker especially given Amanda’s own penchant for dropping projects of her own.

I can definitely see Clarice and Amanda getting along fine given their personalities and interests, even if half the conversations between them are likely to turn to debates. Amanda would likely let the topic die a gentle death if she feels that she’s wrong, but if she has a strong opinion she’s going to dig in like hell. If Clarice enjoys friendly debates though, I’d say the two of them could be good friends.
Edited by Randomness, May 2 2016, 07:24 AM.

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hi guys, bumping this thread for my newly accepted character Jordan. He's an all round media geek, but focuses on theater and often helps out in writing for school plays and other events like that. He doesn't try very hard to speak out and for the most part keeps his interests to himself. He's not quite a quick thinker but he's very careful and meticulous about the way he speaks and acts, so he doesn't really piss anyone off , but I guess he can come off as a bit snooty and judgemental at times.

Right now, I'm mainly looking for a few friends, most likely theater kids or perhaps some of the anime kids, though he might be a little embarassed to be too closely associated with the latter.

More relations for Amanda are also welcome!

Those no longer with us

Randomness
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, they'd probably know each other. I get the feeling Jordan wouldn't be particularly close to her, given her personality and a lack of shared interests, but he definitely wouldn't be adverse to hanging out with her once in a while.
Edited by Randomness, Aug 10 2016, 10:09 PM.

Those no longer with us

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · V6 Pregame Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply