Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rooster Teeth Mafia Fallout; LEEEEET'S STOP
Topic Started: Apr 13 2016, 02:11 PM (555 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quite curious to see what folks say. I had a lot of fun, but unfortunately made a gamble that didn't pay off (that scum would also shoot Prim, thus leaving a bit more wiggle room). I think losing a townie to inactivity was unfortunate, but this one could've easily gone a number of ways with slightly different actions from folks.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To be fair, town's only hope by that point anyways was for scum to be taken out and controlled in a very specific order. You and Bik would've both had to survive, which means lynching actual mafia, then blocking the mafia kill (or having me absorb it with bulletproofness), then lynching me and blocking the mafia member, then lynching them. I'm pretty sure any variation from that pattern was instant town loss, given I'd've doused you or Bik in almost any circumstance and then lit the second it was advantageous.

That said, a couple things I noticed in this game:

1. Leading with a vote at LyLo is a super risky idea because of precisely what happened--a faction can dogpile it and instantly end discussion and win the game.

2. There's a very fine line to walk to avoid alienating people, and it's one I think I land on the wrong side of a lot (in part due to my reputation for being tricky). Basically, if you toss suspicion people's ways, more often than not they gun for you in return, but that can easily lead to an endgame scenario where people won't trust you despite you being right because you've not been on their side previously. Each day is an evolution of the last, but also in some ways a reset, but if folks don't treat it like that you can easily end up in huge trouble.

3. Newbiness is in fact not a defense and my radar for folks doing sketch stuff under its guise is in working order; it's just the being too reasonable I should work on. :p (Well, to elaborate more, I honestly backed off in part because I was really didn't wanna get cop scanned; everything was gonna go very bad places if that happened.)
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, let the record show I left you alone that time (and still suffered for it)!
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply