Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
J U D G E M E N T; i pass that
Topic Started: Mar 24 2016, 03:31 AM (1,136 Views)
Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
removed
Edited by Cicada Days, Nov 5 2016, 08:11 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright. I hate to do this because it feels lame and like a cop out, but I'm going to formally suspend my TV2 associated critiques. The simplest reason for it is that TV2 just doesn't engage me from a critiquers perspective. Let me explain. It's well written, the characters are interesting, don't get me wrong; I just don't particularly feel like reading too much into it, if that makes sense? Like, approaching TV2 characters is approaching something I wasn't personally invested into. I wasn't there, I didn't witness the meta culture that surrounded what happened in those posts, and I can barely construct it if at all from what OOC content for TV2 does exist. That's personally a big part of it for me, and without that my critiques feel empty and lacking to me personally and I don't particularly enjoy it.

Like, I guess my point is since I wasn't there I don't quite care enough to really get into it like I feel I should as a critiquer. Reading an RP as is can be a bit difficult for me due to the shifting narrative styles from post to post and the sometimes awkwardly forced caesuras caused by arbitrary post-to-post breakage. Like I like reading the occasional TV2 character casually but really digging into it requires a passion for the character that really isn't there if I don't share the RP world with them.

AKA, would critique V6, really don't want to critique anything else because I don't have the same analytical hype for them.

So, assuming people still care for the idea of a critique from me after this asinine stunt I'm going to gather some V6 characters. I'm following them all at least loosely as is, but when they die they'll then be slated to formally receive a critique from me. Slam, you're first on deck if you want to transfer Nate over. In case I ever change my mind I'm maintaining the TV2 characters in their queue, but it is very unlikely I will ever return to them.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd still love to get your thoughts. Does this mean I have to wait for Nate to bite it, though?
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Cicada Days
Member Avatar
keep running yoshi
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yep! I've decided against doing predictions mostly because my tenure here so far has proven I'm way better at hindsight than foresight.
The Dies Before First Rolls Squad

The Nights

Slam
Member Avatar
My Critique Process
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
brb shoving another kid off a cliff
V7 Freunde
Hey look I have a relationship thread

V6 Amigos - Spoilers!

Die Slam's Art, Die

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I suppose I'll swap Vahka for Caedyn then, if you don't mind? :3
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Inge
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
I'ma do the same with Zoe for Serena, if you don't mind.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alice Baker if I am allowed.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Avacarno Vacanti, if you may.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Posted Image

TwelveFourtyFive
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
then, I'd like to request Boy Number 9

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Critiques · Next Topic »
Add Reply