Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rooster Teeth Mafia Game Thread; LEEEEEEET'S PLAY
Topic Started: Mar 20 2016, 12:59 PM (4,603 Views)
VysePresident
Member Avatar
Long-winded, meticulous, & thoughtful. Mostly long-winded though.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey!

I might be a little less active due to eyestrain. (It's better, and was apparently connected to the flu I was dealing with, but my eyes are still sensitive and I need to take care. I also don't have full energy at the moment.)

Still, as a quick heads up, we should be looking at Murder, RC, and Yugi really closely at the moment. Gonna reread before I place a vote. (To be honest, I'll feel like a jerk if I'm ruining Murder's scum game by subbing in, and worse if I'm wrong, so gonna really double check there.)

Danny is so freaking obvious Town it hurts. :P (Seriously though, unless he's a true genius hiding his inexperience, he's going through a train of though I'm very familiar with.) #ScumBuddying (Like people don't always call me out on this :P )

Grim set off some radars with his pressure in directions I didn't like, but they still fit into "Grim Mode". I'm not seriously suspicious at the moment. He's really no more than Null at present.

I actually do like Bik's reponse to pressure. He didn't really come across as phased, more annoyed and curious. Weak read though, gotta get more from him when I have time to converse and stuff.

DMBoogie has had some slight stuff I consider Town tells from him, but they're weak. Light Town, and on further consideration.

That's about it at the moment. Catch you guys later when I have time to catch up in full.

Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

(Relationships Planning Thread #Pi)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dannyrulx
Mar 30 2016, 11:11 AM
What I meant was, he got really suspicious over me having a mix up over the rules. I
Posted Image
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, and that lovely Cicada Days person is by far the most absolutely Townie player in the universe, and I love them. They're basically confirmed Town, and we should trust anything their representative says!

(Yes, I'm having fun. Sue me. :P )

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
One sec, trying to get a moment to write a post is proving tricky.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ask the mods on future instances. I personally trust you, but that way it's all above board and fair.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, I'm having immense trouble getting time to coherently explain my thoughts, so I'm gonna keep it relatively brief.

So, since it's really the only major conflict of interest at the moment, I"m gonna focus on the whole Danny thing.

I don't get why Murder is pushing this the way he is. It doesn't strike me as an aggressive attempt to push for easy claims - in fact, Danny seems to be a stumbling newbie at the moment.

Murder's willingness to double down and take it to a fight when challenged is also charateristic of Scum-Murder.

It's a bit shallow at the moment, but I'm wary of how this is being framed.

RC, on the other hand, is doing a lot to stifle Danny, without offering anything useful. (I'll link posts later, mostly it's in the vein of "Yeah, but that's WIFOM", without serious consideration.) It strikes me as wanting the lynch to go through.

Yugi is bouncing around, being active, and has some of the stifling effect as well. It strikes me as being similar to earlier scum games, though I don't quite have a full read on him either yet.

Not much, but I hope this gets the ball rolling a lil.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Missed that, mostly I'm just posting points of suspicion and interest, and hoping to get a bit more of interest. I should probably be voting you or RC at the moment, but I don't have my normal confidence level when pursuing somebody yet, and want to prod things a little.

My exact train of thought and the whole linking of posts business has been cut to save time, and allow me to touch on my thoughts more quickly.

No conclusions have been unmentioned, just not fully fleshed out in longwinded detail, because that's very time consuming.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Danny, continuing thoughts on this situation from you would be extremely nice as well.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MurderWeasel

You're normally really good at picking up on what I'm doing and the angles I work, and at spinning that into a case or read one way or the other. Here, though, something's different in a way that feels off. Your suspicion of me seems born of the exact opposite of what you went after me for last game (when I was in fact scum); then, you thought I was dancing around the fringes, while this time you're saying I'm going too hard on someone. Now, normally I'd view this as merely different circumstances producing different reads, but you've actually misread the current situation with Danny in an uncharacteristic fashion.

Every single game you say I'm uncharacteristic. Town or Scum, c'mon man. :P

I do not care if you are pushing someone too hard for scummy reasons, or hanging around the fringe for scummy reasons. I'm not inflexible, and neither are you for that matter.

MurderWeasel

I don't really like being direct about this, because it may make it harder on me in future games, but I like to get a feel for unfamiliar players by drawing them into the discussion and seeing how they react to pressure. This is doubly the case when there's something off or the collective seems willing to overlook their actions solely on the grounds of their being new. In this instance, I went after Danny near the end of the phase in an effort to squeeze some greater engagement out and make him more of a known quantity. The reaction I got was so-so, so I turned up the heat a bit in an attempt to get something to actually work off of. While I absolutely pushed pretty hard, I feel like to a more experienced eye it should be pretty clear that I wasn't gunning for Danny's head, to the point that I didn't vote. I was, however, constructing a potential scum narrative with an eye towards provoking some discussion and reaction. "What were you thinking?" tends to produce vagueness at best. "What were you thinking, because it sure looks like [scummy thing]?" is often a lot more useful.

I like this better. It's an appropriate response, and based around good play.

I don't entirely think I can agree that you weren't trying for his head though. Suspicions stand. Null-scummy though.

MurderWeasel

So what I didn't like was an initial approach absent reasoning given a read which is seemingly both loosely-constructed and contradictory to standard. I'm gonna reread what Cicada said before getting into too much more detail here, because honestly the small post in reply to my query is throwing me some, along with the admission of uncertainty. You're basically giving me a when-pigs-fly moment here and I need to mull it a bit.

I'm going to be relatively blunt for me, and say don't waste your time thinking about Cicada or myself. It will be irrelevant soon enough.

You know I'm good for this when I promise in early game. ;)

Murder

(Paraphrasing for readability.) {Newbishness does not mean an auto Townread. I try to figure them out via discourse. I thought that Danny's play might be poor scum translation from IRL play to Forum Mafia}

See, if you'd been pressing more generally, or less inclined to double down and fight, I'd have been much more content to accept this. Heck, I can even let the fighting go a bit.

As it is, I'm skeptical, because it felt a bit content to let things ride. Only issue is you don't have great activity this game, much like all of us really.

MurderWeasel

don't really like being direct about this, because it may make it harder on me in future games, but I like to get a feel for unfamiliar players by drawing them into the discussion and seeing how they react to pressure.

I mean, I'm doing something similar with you now, when I'm uncertain of my read on you, and you'd best better believe I'd vote for you if I don't like the answers. (Or if you don't answer, but I think you're smart enough not to leave me hanging after previous encounters. I never shut up. :P )

That said, I'd be curious for your thoughts on RC, and Danny at this point. Grim & Yugi would be of interest too.

MurderWeasel

So what I didn't like was an initial approach absent reasoning given a read which is seemingly both loosely-constructed and contradictory to standard. I'm gonna reread what Cicada said before getting into too much more detail here, because honestly the small post in reply to my query is throwing me some, along with the admission of uncertainty. You're basically giving me a when-pigs-fly moment here and I need to mull it a bit.

Remember SDR Mafia, and TBH, Imehal, and all my other reads? That was a low energy game too, albeit less so.

It's not really that unusual for me. You've just been on the wrong end of my tunnels for so many games running now. :P

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looking over my other reads, I'm less thrilled with them at the moment. This is the closest I could get to RC stifling Danny's defense, and it doesn't really quite fit.

Yugi is being kinda sidelined, and I was hoping to push him around a bit, but now I"ve lost my train of thought.

TBH, I need a moment to seriously consider some things.

@Doc - Is there any chance we could have a 1-2 day extension, given I joined mid-phase? No worries if not, but it'd be convenient as heck right now. :P

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Actually, I do kinda want to ask Flare if RC is his sole point of interest at the moment, and if he's still interested in lynching him.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
dmboogie
Apr 4 2016, 08:29 PM
It also doesn't really help because pretty much everyone had the exact same reaction of "rc why".
What's your own take on the thing?

Not just RC, but the people reacting to him.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What about the other responses?

Do any of them seem interesting, whether as Town or opportunistic scum?

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
VOTE: Flare

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
One thing worth saying is that newbishness is by no means a sign of harmlessness.

However, it does tend to make people easy to read.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply