Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rooster Teeth Mafia Game Thread; LEEEEEEET'S PLAY
Topic Started: Mar 20 2016, 12:59 PM (4,605 Views)
Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Role received.

VOTE: Whoever is Gavin
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As a quick note, I'd say I believe Frogue's claim at the moment. Gambit's like lying on this tend to be fairly rare on this site, and Frogue never struck me as the kind of person to do it if it were done.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Admittedly, MW, I kinda forgot this was something you had pressured me on before. I guess I just naturally go for weird joke votes because I like to subvert expectations. I dunno.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm willing to side with Murder over Vyse in that particular argument, as I find Murder's reasoning for pushing pretty safe and sensible for him, as well as the fact that it wouldn't exactly do much for him if he were scum. Nothing about Vyse is really pinging my scum-dar, though.

RC, though, is definitely a bit suspect after that vote, and I want to hear his reasoning behind that.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
... That... what?

VOTE: RC

Explain further.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
What Bik said, really.

RC's logic rubs me way the wrong way... but it usually does that. But BUT that doesn't rule him out as scum at all, as shown by... one of the recent mafia games that I can't bother to go search for.

Either way, town or scum, we should definitely be pushing against horrendously unfounded logic.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The question then becomes why you're joke voting way after that phase is over.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
RC_HELPO
Apr 4 2016, 05:39 PM
we hve rections nd tht's good.
I mean... not really. Both Town AND Scum benefit from pouncing on flimsy logic, so it doesn't really separate good from bad. And I think your calls on potential partnerships are greatly simplifying the potential for alignment masking and misleading on something like this.

Also do you have a sudden post restriction or did your 'a' key break.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
RC is definitely the most interesting and scum-pinging thing going on right now, not much else to really get into. I wouldn't lynch him right now or anything, but my vote still stands, and if it comes down to it, he'd definitely be my target given the current information.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
First off, to address everyone: I never changed my mind about the vote. It was meant to create pressure and show that I thought RC was acting scummy, things which I still believe him. I simply don't find him to be an incredibly favorable lynch target at the moment.

MurderWeasel

You stand by your vote, or you don't? You don't want to lynch him now... but leave the vote on?

I stand by my vote. I don't want to lynch him NOW, but if it comes down to the wire and nothing else notable has happened, I think he's our best option.

MurderWeasel

How did that change as he responded?

The idea of it as a joke vote at least puts it into perspective, but it still comes off as wanting to post and draw attention without really contributing or doing anything that could be used as evidence later. The timing is very fishy to me.

MurderWeasel

I don't like that you managed to pretend like you were answering Vyse's question while still playing both sides.

That's something I've been working on - it's kinda in my nature to try and play it safe and avoid being too stalwart in my opinions, which has also negatively affected my case in past Mafia games. I'm getting to the point where I can at least feel more convicted.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, not seeing why that post would ring any alarms?

I am honestly curious, MW, about why my points don't follow my 'typical playstyle'? And, like I said, I HAVE been trying to improve my Mafia play for the better, so that might contribute to why you're seeing me differently, depending on what your reasoning is.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
EWBOP: Got sniped by MW, but I don't see anything off about the word choice either. Frogue WAS our closest thing to a confirmed innocent and WAS a good player. Is it the 'accomplish' part? Because I think that's mostly just bad grammar.
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm inclined to believe RC's claim. As MW said, it's a bold claim that I don't think RC would make as scum, and while the chance is there that he's insane, I don't think it's as likely as an option considering the play of Grim, Cicada, and Vyse. Going to wait for Grim to pipe in before I vote, though, especially with how rapidly we're approaching the lynch point anyways.

If we're to go under the idea that RC is a sane cop and Grim is scum, here would be my list of reads:

Town:
- RC
- VysePresident

Leaning Town:
- MurderWeasel
- Bikriki

Null:
- NAFT (the nulliest of nulls)
- Dannyrulx

Leaning Scum:
- Primrosette
- Yugikun

Scum:
- Grim Wolf
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
... Well then. I... guess that's an admission?

VOTE: RC
V5 Characters:

Flare
Member Avatar
*insert dance song here*
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So, here's my thoughts.

We've got two Mafia members left. Mathematically, that's a given. Bikiri's claimed Roleblocker and there's very little to dispute that, so I'm inclined to believe it. Per the fact that Grim's Survivor claim countered RC's, that's 99% sure bar the most confusing scum strategy I've ever seen. I know that I'm not Mafia.

Hey look, two remainders, how convenient.

VOTE: MurderWeasel

V5 Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply