Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rooster Teeth Mafia Game Thread; LEEEEEEET'S PLAY
Topic Started: Mar 20 2016, 12:59 PM (4,596 Views)
Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Role confirmed.

Casting suspicious eyes at Frogue for an out-of-the-gate claim. However, VOTE: MW, because someone has to carry the paranoid torch while MK's not about.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright, we're nearing the end of dayphase here (damn without Vyse and MK things do drag a bit), and as is typical for a Day One we have frustratingly little to go on. I'm willing to bet flavor won't give too much away--EP seems really familiar with Roosterteeth based on the posts so far--which still makes me a little suspicious of Frogue, but since he hasn't been opposed I don't see any need press the issue.

I'm usually okay with a no-lynch on Day One, but if the phase thus far is indicative of the phases too come, we're gonna need to play a lot more aggressively to get any good info. Bikriki's "not defensive" post was lackluster in the extreme. Therefore,

UNVOTE

VOTE: BIKRIKI
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, Bik, I'm not convinced that you're scum by any means. What I am convinced is that you are one of the most interesting pieces in what has been, to paraphrase you, a dead party thus far.

There's been almost no pressure thrown around. MW barely pointed the finger at you: he did the Mafia equivalent of giving you a quizzical look and then explained why that was the case.

Quote:

Acknowledged. But alas, I have to weasel my way out of here by saying that there was no particular thought process behind that decision. So I am not going to defend myself here.

Jesus, that reeks. "So I am not going to defend myself here" reads like the most petty patronizing "I am above such meaningless accusations" bull. Someone threw some suspicion your way, and your reaction was dismissive. You didn't just say that suspicions were groundless: you basically said that you wouldn't condescend to address their concerns.

And your reaction when I put some pressure on you?

Quote:

Oh, oh! I love this one.

Let me ask you a question - if your current modus operandi is "to play aggressively and gain good information", I have to wonder what kind of "good info" you hope to get by lynching me.

No, seriously. Tell me specifically what insight you would gain - or hope to gain - by me dying this dayphase.

Again, dismissive. "Guys, what kind of info could we possibly hope to gain from knowing the alignment of one of the players who's already reacted poorly under pressure?"

First off: knowing anyone's alignment post Day One is pretty useful, since it reveals a great deal about those who spoke for the dead and those who spoke against them. The discussion alone gives fodder to everyone's analysis. As MW said, there are no unimportant posts in Mafia: that's why lack of activity tends to benefit scum, since they get to operate with certainties while everyone else is fumbling in the dark.

Personally? The way you flip will change how I'm reading MW. You flip scum, and I'm certain of MW's alignment, since he's canny enough not to throw you under the bus when it would be easier to coast into the night phase on Day One with everyone still uncertain. You flip town, and I get to look a little more closely at MW, and evaluate a voice that tends to be pretty influential in SotF mafia (in case it wasn't clear, I was not entirely joking when I swore to take up MK's paranoid torch).

Admittedly it doesn't give me much to go in terms of potential camps, which is my favorite way to play. Then again, since no one is talking, I don't have a lot to go on in that department, either.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll be honest, I'm super-tempted to unvote you just because of that pun.

But yeah, I'll second your call. I'd like RC to weigh-in more in particular, as well as Danny, Boogie, and NAFT. Flare gets a pass, because any game where Flare is not getting read as scum is already off the rails.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, a fair bit more to go on.

Danny: Danny is leaning scum for me right now. I get the sense that English isn't his first language, so I'm willing to cut him a bit more slack, but even so there is a lot of fairly incoherent flailing about that feels like novice scum trying to pin the blame somewhere else. Based on current behavior, I'd be comfortable with a Danny lynch today.

MW: Currently neutral. I could go either way here, but I'm waiting to hear these "more thoughts in a bit."

Cicada: Cicada is giving me the faintest twinges on my scumdar. They post a lot, which is great, but one of their first posts is casting aspersions on Frogue were coming out as Miller right out of the gate (which, granted, was something I did too).

Yugi: neutral. Posts a lot, some of it a bit incoherent, pursuing a lot of threads to no particular end. If Cicada were to flip scum I'd be looking at Yugi, since their opening non-joke posts are fairly similar in the pressuring of Frogue. Maybe trying to get a non-power role lynched right off the bat so they don't waste their nightkill?

Bik: Neutral. I really don't like that Bik claimed their response to pressure was part of some elaborate gambit. I only buy elaborate gambits from a select few players, and Bik has typically not been one of them. However, my feelings towards Bik have cooled a bit and I'm not sure we'd gain as much info now as we might from looking in a different direction.

RC: Neutral-town. I don't like his habit of jumping in and quietly pushing in different directions, but I do like that he's not in favor of policy lynches and keeps everyone aware of modkills and makes sure everyone is operating with roughly the same information. It does feel a little bit lurky thus far, but every post seems pretty pro-town.

Boogie: Town. I like everything Boogie has posted. It keeps the pressure in a lot of directions, its suspicious and skeptical without being hostile or seeming overly pushy.

Prim: Neutral-scum. Not liking Prim's quiet interjections at all. They seem just enough to avoid triggering modkill without actually contributing to the game.

Flare: is scum, no matter what his role actually is. But seriously, I've never been in a game where Flare didn't feel scummy to me, so I don't exactly trust my gut. Familiarity with the Roosterteeth lore makes them a potential ally though: they might be able to figure out some stuff based on flavor while the rest of us were fumbling in the dark.

NAFT: post.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh God, we were almost free.

I mean, hey Vyse. Welcome.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So now Danny is definitely safe when it comes to activity, I guess.

It's a really small game at this point, and while looming modkills do at least promise some excitement and some revelation they don't give us a whole lot to go on and could basically spell the end of the game, regardless of your alignment. So let's break this down a bit: Murder, what in particular is making you feel that Danny is not just being newbish, but is using that newbiness to hide his true nature?

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I mean, that's all well-and-good, guys, but dayphase is sort of the only time Town has to be making good choices, particularly given the fact that it looks like we're gonna see a lot of modkills in the coming round and I doubt we got so lucky that the entire mafia is just going to up and die from lack of posts. I also do not like the idea of ending Day 2 on another damn no-lynch.

My current favorites for lynch are basically right between MW and danny. MW's played a lot more cautiously than is his ilk thus far, and I don't like that when Frogue actually died he didn't even point the finger towards scum, instead speculating that it might have been a vig. To me, that feels like a very clumsy attempt to distance himself from something he doesn't want our attention drawn to. But that's not damning in itself, that's just clumsy. It's neutral turf at best.

Likewise, danny's all over the place. He's new, so I really feel like we should cut him some slack, but at the same time he could be hiding some genuinely good scum play under a veneer of "oh no I'm the hapless newbie what is happening" as others have pointed out. It doesn't feel like a gambit, but that doesn't mean it isn't one.

So I started this post thinking, "Hey, we should definitely lynch someone," and now I'm kind of hating that call because of the more active people I'm not really sold on either of my favorites. Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Seconding Yugi. That joke vote is suspect as hell.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EBWOP: Sorry, seconding Flare.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vote: RC.

Holy hell. Yeah, I'll grant that scum tends to be among the most active voices, but you know who else tends to be active? Strong pro-town players. The problem with your line of reasoning is that it's super hit-or-miss: yeah, you might have okay odds to peg scucm, or you might waste town's dayphase while at the same time giving the active scum you're trying to hit even more leeway to play in the dayphase since they're already dominating the discussion.

I don't mind you using ISO to figure out who to evaluate and target--that's actually good play--but if that's the sole line of thought you're using without any other reasoning to back it up, it reads as scummy in the extreme, just trying to bus the best and remove storng pro-town voices.

That said, I also really don't like Prim's "I don't have anything to say." It's not pro-town play in any sense, because we don't get your thoughts in the mix if you get hit during the night or we mislynch. Prim, how about a list of reads?

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Guys, I'm the one usually trying to take down Flare because everything they do screams scum to me, and their steady push on RC does not read that way to me at all. Just because they see the point of RC's argument doesn't make them scum.

I will say that I do like RC actually posting a defense of Flare. It might be a scum move or a town move, but it's good play nevertheless.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
@Vyse: honestly, no one's pinging me that hard right now. I'm not sold on any particular lynch. Flare is actually in neutral territory for me (which genuinely feels impossible given our past), and the things that are making me suspicious of MW and danny could be innocent (in addition, I also really like that the two of them have been duking it out a bit. If it's scumplay, it's very deftly handled, and I don't think it's that elaborate). RC is the only candidate I'm really remotely comfortable with right now, because their defenses of the "joke vote" still read as really inadequate.

I will admit that that while I'm okay with the RC vote, I don't like how little info it gives us. No one's really been "on board" with RC, so it doesn't really point the way towards any interesting candidates for Day 3. That said, I'm really not comfortable wasting our Day 2 lynch.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I was gonna say that RC is either insane or lying. Now it's looking strongly like the latter.

I hate to move out into the open, since it makes me look like a pretty good policy lynch, but I want to make sure we actually lynch scum because I do not like getting played and I think we can fuck some scum up. I'm Bruce Greene, Survivor. All I've been doing is coasting around, trying to stay alive. I've been survivor before, and my strategy is usually to be an aggressive voice in the opening days and then do my best to help scum if Town's not doing well.

RC is trying to turn this around on the tracker after lying about coming after me and appears to be lying about the results. I'm all for giving Town more time, but I do not like this.

VOTE: RC

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And we explain Yugi's claims how?

One of them is scum. My bet is on RC, since I know I'm not scum and they are being so strident and insistent.

V6 Players

V5 Players

V4 Players

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply