Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Not My Tempo; Music Class! Open! Please Love Me!
Topic Started: Mar 13 2016, 02:53 AM (459 Views)
Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alice Baker continued from The Funny Thing Is, I Keep On Returning Over and Over))

"Oh!" Alice exclaimed as she slipped into the music room that she'd assumed would be empty, only to discover that it was inhabited by a boy. Jeremy, if she recalled, though she only really knew him from sharing class. They weren't in the same peer groups as far as she knew. He was a gamer, she was pretty sure.

Alice had come by the music room as she often did, early, to practice. For obvious reasons, she liked the extra time to compose and practice at school, though she was occasionally thwarted by a locked door. Still, it was fair enough; her violin was very expensive, and besides money she would be horrified if it were lost or stolen. She'd had it for years, after all.

"Hi, sorry, I was...just popping in. Don't mind me." Alice said quietly. Too quietly, perhaps, since she couldn't even here herself over the piano. It seemed Jeremy was quite talented, which was surprising. He didn't look like a pianist. Then again, she really ought not to judge people by their covers.

More loudly, Alice said, "Excuse me, do you know if the violins are still locked up?"
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jeremy didn't seem too pleased that she'd interrupted, and Alice's face turned red as she began internally berating herself. What had possessed her to start talking to someone while they were practicing? She hated when other people did it to her; it was just so rude!

Alice winced almost imperceptibly, and nodded quietly. "Thanks, sorry..." Alice said softly, before moving to her desk near the middle of the room. She liked to be close up, but hated being the center of attention, so she always sat in a relatively unobtrusive spot.

As Jeremy continued playing, Alice sat and listened politely. He was...actually quite good.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alice hung around until class started. Jeremy wasn't half-bad, it seemed. She still felt a little awkward, just hanging around without the teacher. Then again, she was almost an adult, right? Soon she'd be in college, and who knew how that'd be.

She was thinking about college more often lately. When she graduated, she needed a major. Her grades were good so getting in might not be an issue. But what to study? Music, art, english or something else? She loved to perform, but that wasn't very practical as a career goal. Art would be challenging to make ends meet. And her writing was only 'okay'; she doubted she could get published.

It didn't matter too much, but it was enough to distract Alice from her sense of anxious silence for now. At least the teacher would arrive soon.

((Alice Baker's pregame concluded in Requiem for Innocence))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · West Wing · Next Topic »
Add Reply