Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
He’s So Fine And Different; Scarlett and Henry; also open to anyone else
Topic Started: Mar 9 2016, 09:16 AM (416 Views)
backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Min-jae Parker continued from Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time))

Yep, this was fine. Toootally fine. Everything was under control. Jae had a plan, and that plan was as follows:

Step 1: Find Scarlett McAfee.
Step 2: Throw Scarlett McAfee into the dumpster behind the school gym, where she belonged.
Step 3: Crisis averted, enjoy the rest of the night with Hazel and Henry.

Hazel was currently the hangup in the plan, actually, because he really did want this to be a good, fun thing for both of them and rushing her out of the car and into the gym on some manhunt wasn't exactly productive towards that end. He hoped he didn't seem too impatient - or, if he did, he half-hoped that there really was some impending crisis for him to intervene in so she'd see that he'd been right. She'd given no indication that she thought he was just making bullshit up out of thin air, of course, but he could tell that she wasn't completely sold on all the potential evils of Scarlett McAfee either.

Pulling Hazel by the hand - not hard, he didn't want to hurt her, but firmly - Jae made a beeline right for the dance floor once they were inside, ignoring the refreshments and photographers for now. He took note of his surroundings in half-processed glimpses. There was Nadia and some other guy from the art club taking pictures, there was a group of wallflowers, there was Brendan Harte of all people dancing with a girl, proving that genuine miracles did happen every once in a while.

There was Henry and oh god what was he doing what were those dance moves, Henry please.

He looked good, though, in his uniquely Henry way. Scarlett was there too, of course, and she looked... alright, he guessed. She wasn't completely offensive to his eyes, at least, but most people besides Oskar Pearce accomplished that on a daily basis without trying so that wasn't exactly a point in her favor.

Jae came to a stop next to them, safely out of range of Henry's karate-chopping action or whatever he was doing. He kept a loose grip on Hazel's hand, partly to help resist the urge to cross his arms and loom over them forbiddingly.

"Hey."
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

backslash
Member Avatar
Who is this sassy lost child
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((GMing of Scarlett in this post approved by Prim))

Jae was almost distracted by the compliments thrown their way by Henry and Scarlett. Almost. He filed them away in memory to be pleased about later, once he was sure the situation was fully in hand.

"Yeah, sure, dancing. In a minute. I need to talk to you," Jae fixed Scarlett with a glare, "about something for a minute. Come over here." Without waiting for a response, he took her by the elbow and dragged her over to the nearest unoccupied corner. There was some teacher loitering nearby, but the two of them didn't attract much attention.

Before Scarlett could ask what he wanted, Jae leaned down and hissed in her ear. "Don't say anything. I don't want to hear it. Just know that if this is some kind of prank, some joke for you and your little friends to laugh about how you asked the weird kid out, I. Will. Destroy you. If I hear so much as a peep from anywhere in this school about Henry being the butt of your joke, I will make your life a fucking living hell. I don't care if you think you're just having fun. I don't give a shit about you or your fun or your feelings at all. You just keep that in mind."

Jae straightened up, expression stony. "Got it?" He waited for Scarlett to nod before turning on his heel and stalking back to the dance floor where Hazel and Henry were still standing. He might have to apologize to Hazel for just abandoning her like that, Henry's... Henry-ness could be hard to deal with if you weren't used to it. Hell, it could be hard to deal with even if you were, he knew that well enough.

By the time he returned to his starting point, his face was mostly neutral again. "Sorry about that, just needed to clear some things up. So. Dancing." He wasn't sure he was actually up for dancing, that Hazel's decision more than it was his, but he'd deal with it if she wanted to.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Characters

Others
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · At the Dance · Next Topic »
Add Reply