Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
He's So Tall and Handsome as Hell; Enter Mr. and Mrs. Harte-Reyes
Topic Started: Mar 2 2016, 04:37 PM (1,272 Views)
Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan couldn't believe that he was actually at the dance with Alba and he was feeling very excitable and giddy. It felt strange how all of his nervousness had disappeared in only a few seconds after the two of them had entered. The gym looked like it was out of this world and he thought that it was amazing. A couple of people were there who were either having a chat with each other or some of them were dancing. He had never felt this excited about anything before. He felt like a little kid who just walked into the biggest candy shop ever. But this was nothing like that. This was even better.

Brendan had chosen to wear a white suit with a white shirt and pants to match. The only thing that didn't match the rest of his clothes were the polished black shoes that his father had given to him. His dad had wore them when he went to the prom when he was younger with a girl named Angie. Brendan was unsure about wearing them at first but he wanted to make his dad happy about Brendan actually going to the dance with someone. Brendan had gelled his hair back, but it would remain curled at the bottom of his dark hair and he felt a bit strange about it. However, he really did want to impress Alba tonight. He was just glad that he didn't get any food strains on himself at that Mexican restaurant. It was strange how he wasn't clumsy with food but with everything else he was. The dinner had been nice. He and Alba talked a little about swimming and golf respectively. Talking about what sports they liked was a great way to know each other more and he was glad that they also had a laugh together. Laughter was an important thing to Brendan. Because if the person he was trying to impress didn't laugh.... Well, things would possibly only get worse.

Brendan glanced at Alba as she talked him and he couldn't help blush. Alba was looking very pretty and hot to him in her outfit. He never thought that he would be attracted to her so quickly. It wasn't just her looks that he loved about her. It was also her personality. She was really friendly, loud and funny. And he liked that in a girl. He liked people who were nice at heart. It felt a bit weird. But he was know for falling in love too easily. He wasn't sure if he was at the actual love stage yet but he really did like Alba a little. He really didn't want to screw up this night with her and he wanted to show Alba the time of her life. Heck, he would even do his terrible dancing for her just to make her smile and laugh.

Brendan smiled at Alba warmly and he nodded. "This feels like a dream. But a great dream with you, Alba." He was speaking a bit quietly and he wasn't sure if Alba could hear him properly. So he raised his voice a little and he was getting nervous again. "U-Um, yes! I am ready for some fun! ....What should we do?"
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan raised an eyebrow as Alba was talking about her dreams and he couldn't help but laugh a little. Who knew that this amazing girl would have strange dreams. Especially about her teeth. What a strangely interesting conversation this was turning into. "W-Wow. Your dreams sure are awesome, creepy, scary and interesting. And in a good way too! I can't say that I ever had a weird dream myself." He was speaking to her honestly as he couldn't think of any dreams that he had that was out of this world. "Who knows? Maybe I will have one in the future and I'll tell you all about it."

Then Alba said that they should dance together. Brendan was nervous about being seen dancing in public. He was the clumsiest dancer and he was afraid that he would screw up. But he really did want to have fun with Alba. It was only a dance. And Alba even said that she wasn't good at dancing ever. So that calmed him down a bit. He had to try harder and not being afraid of taking risks. He has already made so many mistakes in the past. So what if he made another one? He could learn from it and try to do things better in the future.

Brendan smiled at Alba gently and he held out his hand to her. It was shaking a little and he was trying his best to ignore it. "S-Sure, I would love to dance with you. I should warn you that I'm not a good dancer myself." He was waiting for her to take his hand. "I hope you don't mind seeing me... um.... embarrass myself in front of you."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan didn't start dancing at first as he wanted to see what Alba would do. The way that she was dancing right then just looked really adorably dorky. Hah. She was right about looking like a dork and he felt relieved. He was less nervous about dancing with her. He let out a laugh at the way Alba was moving. This night was just getting better and better with her. He noticed that other people were dancing as well. Woah. Was that Noah? Brendan gaped for a few seconds before he turned his attention back to Alba.

"You look really great, Alba!" Brendan was trying to yell back to her but his voice was too quiet. "I'm going to join the dorky side now!"

Brendan was joking with a big fat grin on his face. He started to move his left foot to one side and then his right foot to the other side. He shouldn't worry about embarrassing himself. He was then swinging his head from side to side. It was no deal at all. His head was bobbing along to the music. Just as long he didn't trip over his own feet. The song didn't sound that bad to him. Too bad he didn't know what the name of it was. He started to move more actively and he started to smile more. He really was having a great time with Alba. The night was going good so far.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan watched as Alba moved closer to him and he was still continuing to focus on dancing. He had to try and not stumble into her. He didn't want that to happen again. He just needed to concentrate on what he was doing. Alba had turned around with her back really close to him and she was still moving her body side to side. He couldn't help but smile slightly. Everything was going perfectly well.

"I'm having a lot of....uh.... fun with you today, Alba." He wasn't sure what to do with his hands. Was he supposed to swing his arms? Maybe. He should give it a shot. It was a bit hard to with Alba in front of him. She was having fun so he wasn't going to stop her.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan just watched the way that Alba was moving for a while. She was really into this. He laughed softly. He really did like her confidence and how she didn't care if other people would be looking at them. She was really amazing. Brendan continued to move with her. Wait, was she getting close to him? Brendan felt a little nervous but he was trying to ignore it. He didn't want to stumble backwards and bump into someone. It was ruin the dance so he stayed where he was and carried on doing his own dancing along with Alba.

"I-I'll be sure to tell you if I would like a break, Alba." Brendan was sweating slightly but he wanted to keep going for Alba. "I can keep going for a while. This is too fun to stop right now!"

Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was sweating a little after all that dancing with Alba. He never felt that exhausted after going out on his jogs or when he was running on the track team. He was glad that he and Alba were taking a break now. His feet were killing him. But he did enjoy his time with Alba on the dance floor. He was happy to be sitting down at a table with Alba and he placed down his cup of punch on the table. He hadn't taken a sip from it yet. He never had punch before so he was a bit hesitant to taste it.

"T-That was a lot of fun, Alba. I really enjoyed dancing with you." He smiled at her across the table. "M-Maybe we can do more dancing together later on."

Brendan glanced down at his cup of punch as Alba starting talking about it. He wasn't quite sure what to say about it. "I....I'm not sure. I think it would be nice if it had some fruit in it." He was looking a bit thoughtful as he was thinking about it. "Um.... Although, I think it would be more of the powdered kind. I never had punch before so...."

Brendan picked the cup back up and he took a small sip from it. Hm. It tasted a bit sweet. Maybe there was some fruit in it afterall. He could have been wrong.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan chuckled softly and he glanced around at everyone having a fun time. Having a red tongue sounded like it would be very funny to see. He could imagine having a good laugh about it with Alba. He looked back down at the punch cup in his hand and he put it back down on the table. Everything was going well so far. However he didn't know what he should say next. He wasn't that great at conversations. But at least he could try now.

"It would be pretty funny to have a red tongue. I have never been this happy to do dancing before. I wasn't that terrible at it, was I? I think I only slipped once but at least I didn't bump into someone else." He was joking about happily and he felt more relaxed and a bit more confident in Alba's presence. "I definitely need to do more things with you, Alba. We should do more fun things like this more often. You really.... made me feel less awkward and nervous out there on the floor."

Brendan turned his gaze away from the dance floor and he was now focused on some people leaning against one of the walls. Some were chatting to each other. Then Brendan was slightly surprised to see a familiar face. Was that...? Yes, he did recognize him. Maxim Kehlenbrink.... Brendan had been friends with Maxim for a few months now. They had both met at the library when Brendan had been looking for a book to read and he saw Maxim's head buried into a book. He was sure that it was a fanasty novel. He had been too nervous to talk to Maxim at first and then Maxim had noticed Brendan staring at him. Brendan had got really embarrassed and apologized for being very awkward. Then they started to talk about books somehow and they just kind of became friends.

Brendan really did like Maxim a lot. He was hoping that Maxim wouldn't become another one of his crushes in the future. Because Brendan didn't want to screw things with Alba. He wanted things to be perfect. He had to try not to get all weird in front of Maxim. Because he really wanted Maxim to come over and join him and Alba. Maybe the three of them could talk about book ideas. Not very romantic.

Brendan could see that Maxim was dressed up nicely. Why was he here? Brendan was curious as he was sure that dances were not Maxim's thing. Did Maxim have a date himself? Brendan couldn't see anyone with Maxim. Why would he come alone?

Brendan felt sorry for Maxim. He could see that Maxim was glancing in their direction. Brendan gave him a warm smile and he wave to him to come over to their table. He wasn't going to bother to shout as the music was too loud for Maxim to hear him. Brendan was never comfortable with yelling. He would be happy to have Maxim join the two of them.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Whoops.

Brendan let out a small nervous stutter when Alba asked who Maxim was. He should have at least asked her that if it was alright to invite his friend to join them. That was a bit rude of him not to ask her before waving Maxim over to the two of them. Maybe Brendan had gotten a bit too confident tonight. He could at least now tell Alba about Maxim. Maybe he could make the two of them become friends. He was hoping that he hadn't accidentally ruined things. That would really be a disappointment and it could possible break Brendan's heart.

"O-Oh, this is Maxim. He's a good friend of mine. I think he is a bit more shy than me. I hope you don't mind him joining us. He just looked really lonely standing over there by himself." Brendan was whispering very quietly to Alba as Maxim was getting closer to the table, feeling embarrassed. "I hope you will like him, Alba. He's really nice."

Brendan glanced up to look at Maxim once he was more closer to the table and he smiled shyly. "H-Hey, Maxim. I'm surprised that you actually came to the dance. But I'm glad to see you. You really do look great. This is Alba. She's my um.... um...." Brendan suddenly stopped talking as he wasn't sure what to say. He and Alba weren't exactly boyfriend and girlfriend. So he couldn't call her his girlfriend. Date? Friend? Maybe one of those? "....Friend date?"

Brendan was a bit puzzled by what he said. But he was also hoping that Alba wouldn't get upset at him for saying that. And he was hopeful that Maxim would not get confused by him saying that. He wanted to hide under a rock right at that moment.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan would feel his face going red after Maxim complimented him back. Was he really blushing right now? He didn't want Alba to get the wrong impression. Maxim was just a friend. Brendan just didn't think that he would get a compliment from another guy. He had to calm down and not get the wrong idea himself. Maxim was just a friend. Brendan really didn't want to go into a stuttering mess in front of the other two. He needed to cool it and speak back to his friend in a sensible manner.

"Thank you, M....Maxim." He mumbled quietly and he cursed himself in his head for talking too quietly. He hoped Maxim had heard him say that.

He noticed that Alba and Maxim were chatting to each other. And he just feeling really nervous. He started to relax when they seemed to be getting along. He was happy that it didn't end badly. Maybe he just worried about things going wrong too much. He just needed to think positive. He noticed that Alba seemed to not mind him calling her a 'friend date'. That was a huge relief to him as he just panicked and called her whatever came to his mind. He would possibly apologize for that later to her. Maxim was now asking if he could sit with them. Just act normal, Brendan. Don't be too nervous around Maxim.

Brendan started to open his mouth after Alba finished speaking herself. "S....Sure. You can sit with us if you like to...." He smiled up at his friend and then he quickly averted his green eyes to his cup of punch. "Hey, um.... Would.... Would you like me to get you a cup of punch, Maxim....?"
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Before Brendan could get up to get the punch himself, Alba had offered to get it herself and she was already up on her feet. He felt a bit bad but Alba seemed to be set on getting Maxim a drink after she would go to the bathroom. Brendan actually thought that was really sweet of her to do. Although, he had wanted to really do it himself. He shifted slightly in his chair uncomfortably. He couldn't even say anything before what Alba said next.

"I'll be back in a moment. Max, don't steal my date."

Alba had already walked off as Brendan was already starting to get red in the face. Was he really blushing in front of Maxim? He was sure that Alba was making a joke. Although. Brendan was known for falling for other people easily. He let out a small nervous laugh. He glanced over at Maxim and he picked up his cup in one of his hands. Don't get nervous, don't get nervous. He was just alone with another guy. No big deal. Maxim was just a friend. So why was his heart beating like crazy? Sure, Maxim was an attractive guy and he had a great personality but Brendan was sure that Maxim didn't think of him in a romantic way. He needed to say something. Anything.

"I....I....I...." Brendan's voice was getting quieter and his smile was a little wobbly. He didn't know what to say. Had he ever acted like this before in front of Maxim? Maybe he wasn't sure. He needed to speak. "....Um...."

Good job, Brendan. Maxim possibly thought that he was being weirder than normal. He couldn't even think of anything different to talk about with him. His confidence was sinking lower and lower. He took a sip from his punch cup. It did taste very sweet in his mouth. He felt so embarrassed by his behaviour in front of Maxim. He didn't want to get a crush on Maxim right now as he didn't want to mess things up with Alba and he really did like Alba a lot. But he also liked Maxim a little bit more. He was starting to feel bad about his unwanted feelings.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Laurels gave me the okay to post ahead.))

Brendan was actually relieved that Maxim was starting a conversation with him. It was better than them just sitting there in silence. After all, Brendan had been the one who invited Maxim to join the table. Brendan didn't even know what his problem was. Was it because they were at the dance? Maybe he was just losing it. He should answer the question. And try to stop being so weird. Just talk like you normally do with Maxim, Brendan. Just stop being too nervous.

Him and Alba being a couple..... Brendan blushed. He was thinking about it. She was a really sweet girl and she was talkative. Not in a bad way. But he thought that maybe it wouldn't work out. Why was he thinking of the negatives of a relationship? He was being foolish. He shook his head a little. No, no. He just needed to think positively.

He was still feeling a bit tense but he showed Maxim a somewhat more calm smile. "You really think that me and Alba make a good couple?" He asked curiously as he was still holding his cup in his hand and he placed it back down on the table slowly. He was glad that he hadn't knocked it over. That would have been more embarrassing. "Actually the first time we met, we actually crashed into each other while I was out jogging at the park. Not the best way to meet someone but we got to know each other a little. She really seems like golf, she can be funny, really sweet and outgoing. She's really fun to hang out with and I did have a fun time with her out on the dance floor. Uh.... Were you watching us, Maxim?"

His smile faded slightly. He realised just then that he only really liked Alba as a friend than a date. He was having a great time with her but he didn't want to do any romantic stuff with her. Like kissing. Or holding hands. Or anything else. He glanced at Maxim and he was thinking that he should tell him how he really felt about Alba.

"I....I don't think I like Alba in a romantic way. Does that make me a bad person? Wanting to just be friends with her? Will Alba not like me anymore if I told that?" He was feeling a little panic and he knew that he had to calm down. Maxim would probably think he is overreacting. "I don't even know why I am panicking about this. I...I...."

His hand was shaking on the table and he took a deep breath to try to relax. It wasn't working.
Edited by Primrosette, Apr 2 2016, 03:58 PM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was happy to hear some advice from Maxim. Even though he was sure there were some mixed words from Maxim. But he was alright with that. Maybe he could at least try to make things work between him and Alba. He should at least try see if he could have a relationship with her. If it didn't work out, he was hoping that they could remain friends. Alba was definitely the type of girl he would like to hang out with. He was just being silly over panicking about things.

"T....Thanks, Maxim. That kind of helped calm me down a little." Brendan said as he was getting less tense and he smiled at Maxim. "....Uh... Do you--"

Before he could even ask Maxim the full question, Alba was back and she had brought three cups of punch that she had placed down on the table. He was happy to see her even though he had a little meltdown a few moments before her reappearance. He had to act normal. Then she asked if she missed anything. Oh....

"I.... Well...." His voice was getting quieter and he fiddled with his fingers, starting to sweat a little. "....We just talking about.... about...."

You. Just say you, Brendan.
Edited by Primrosette, Apr 5 2016, 06:15 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was glad that Maxim had made something up instead of him and he knew that he would have to thank Maxim for saving him. Alba wanted to know what kind of book series they were talking about. Brendan was trying to remember that book series that Maxim had been reading from time to time. It was called 'Skulduggery Pleasant'. Brendan had been interested to read it himself and he had only read the first novel so far. He could talk about that as it was a series.

"W-Well.... Have you heard of Skulduggery Pleasant?" Brendan asked Alba and he was starting to calm down. Strangely, talking about books always made Brendan feel more secure and safe. "I've only read the first novel. But Maxim is the one who got me into it. So I'm sure that he would be happy to tell you about the series."

Brendan turned away from Alba to look at Maxim. Brendan smiled at him a little and he took another sip from his punch cup. Still tasting so sweet. He was surprised that Alba would have an interest in what kind of books he read. But he remembered that she did want to help him with his story ideas. Maybe they could discuss that next with Maxim. It would be fun to know what ideas Alba could come up with.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was happy that everyone seemed to be getting along over books. He was glad that Alba seemed to be comfortable around Maxim. It did seem a bit awkward at first. But now they were having a discussion about books with him and Maxim. Brendan was very quiet as Alba and Maxim were talking about what genres that they read.

Wait.Captain Underpants? Brendan slightly blushed when he heard Alba say that. Was that like a superhero novel series or something?

"W-Well, I never read the Captain Underpants series. Is it a comedy genre?" Brendan asked curiously as he gazed at Alba and he chuckled a little. The name did actually sound like it was funny. "Actually when I was younger.... Well, I used to read Goosebumps a lot. I always used to beg my father to buy me the next book after each week. Then I grew out of that habit and I went on to read different books."

Brendan was actually starting to sweat a little and he wiped his brow with the back of his left hand. He was actually feeling nervous about telling Alba that he just wanted to be friends. Mainly because he just realised that he had feelings for someone else. Someone who was sitting with them. Brendan wanted to get away and hide. But he couldn't do that as the other two would know that something was up with him.

Brendan bit his lip. He needed to go to the restroom and to wash his slightly sweaty face with some water. He needed to think about some things. He wasn't very good with telling someone that he wanted to just be friends with them. He needed more advice. He should ask Maxim to come with him so that he could ask him for more advice.

Brendan pushed back his chair and he got up to his feet slowly. "Excuse me, Alba. I have to go and use the restroom." He glanced at Maxim and he was feeling more nervous being near him. But he needed Maxim to be with him. "Maxim, would you please come with me? I...I would like to talk to you in private. I'll be back soon, Alba."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan was clenching one of his fists as he was walking beside Maxim. He took a glance at Maxim who had an expression of confusion on his face. That only make Brendan feel more nervous. He had to say something to make things okay somehow. "T-Thank you for coming with me, Maxim. This must be kind of weird, right? Two guys going to the restroom together." Brendan bit down on his tongue to stop himself from continuing to speak. That sounded less awkward in his head than saying it aloud. "I'm sorry! That sounded a bit strange. I don't know why I even said that. I-I just wanted to make things less uh.... uncomfortable, I guess."

Uncomfortable. Right. He felt like he had made things more uncomfortable now as they headed into the restroom together. Brendan moved more quickly over to one of the sinks and he turned on the cold tap. He couldn't believe that he was still sweating. It was obviously from dancing with Alba. He splashed some water onto his face and he grabbed a paper towel to dry his face. Then he turned to say something to Maxim. Just talk about Alba first. Then maybe you could tell him how you feel, Brendan. He was feeling too nervous and he started to stutter a little.

"I-I.... I'm not sure how to.... to tell Alba...." He sighed softly and he shook his head slightly. He couldn't get the words out right. "Maxim, how would you tell someone that you just want to be friends without hurting their feelings? Also.... I.... um.... I need to tell you something. I'm just not sure how to say it."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · At the Dance · Next Topic »
Add Reply