Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dance or Die; Hey, it's a song too
Topic Started: Feb 15 2016, 07:53 PM (605 Views)
Laurels
Member Avatar
Cause what you see isn't always the truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah put on his earbuds as he walked out of his class as the final bell of the day rang. As the sound of Janelle Monae filled his ears, he started to hum to himself. He was ready for the day to end and for him to go home, where he could get his homework out of the way so he could start writing his next web video.

As he walked through the halls, he noticed a poster for the Sadie Hawkins dance. He sighed and shook his head. The dance was two days away, and he had yet to find anyone to go with. Not that he didn't try, but he was finding it hard to get someone to go with him. He hadn't really found anyone he wanted to ask, and he wasn't feeling like settling for anyone out of desperation.

Noah decided he would probably just go stag at this point. His next video would be about the dance anyways, and he could crack jokes about how lame it was and all the stupid things that went on there.

Until then, he was content to go to his locker and finish up his day at Cochise. He arrived at his locker and began to slightly sway his hips to the sound of Tightrope playing.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah put the last of his books away and closed his locker shut. He hummed the last few notes as the song came to an end. He was about to walk away when he heard someone call out to him. He turned and saw Irene standing there.

"Oh, hey Irene," he said.

He quickly turned his mp3 player off and removed his earbuds. Noah wasn't sure why Irene wanted to talk to him. Was it because of his last Pina Bucket video? It had been a week since he posted it, and maybe Irene was there to give him some words about it. Would this one be "awkward and offensive" like the previous ones, or had she finally come around and accepted his sense of humor.

Well, it didn't matter if that was the case. In fact, it probably wasn't the only thing that she could talk to him about. Maybe it was actually something important.

"Wassup?" he asked.

Time to see if she had issues with the Pina Bucket parody of Katy Perry's Superbowl Halftime show.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Irene's response was what Noah assumed was her attempt at a witty retort. Apparently she didn't realize he was several inches taller than her. Noah didn't know how she didn't remember that. Granted, they were sitting at Cheryl's in their last one-on-one, but surely she had to remember every other encounter before then. Noah decided to write it off as her odd attempt at breaking the ice.

Fortunately, she found one better by complimenting his last video. Noah smiled and chuckled.

"Oh, I'm glad you liked it," he said.

Noah had a weird idea to parody Katy Perry's Superbowl Halftime show by having Pina insist that it was plagiarized from her submission video. This mean going around town in costume, filming himself poorly singing Katy Perry songs and making himself look stupid. Instead of a lion, he rode a horse spring rider at the nearest playground. Instead of a beach set with dancing sharks, he sang while splashing around in an old, plastic pool he found in a trash pile in front of someone's house. Instead of a Missy Elliot cameo, Pina admitted she couldn't get the rights to her music and simply skipped to the part where she sang "Firework" while starting a trash can fire in the desert. All in all, it was a pretty good video.

Irene then asked about the forecast for Sadie. Noah figured out what she meant.

"Oh, Hurricane Sadie?" he asked. "Yeah, it's looking pretty grim. I can't find anyone to ask out, and I was really hoping I could get into a dance off. Why do you ask?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah tried not to show it, but he was really confused and weirded out by Irene's behavior. He had no clue what she wanted to talk about. At first, she just wanted to compliment his video, which was a sign he was starting to reach her. Then she had her response about Sadie Hawkins.

Then the spaghetti started to spill.

Irene began to speak in archaic references and catchphrases, with some blushing and spinning in place for extra flourishing. Was the pause after "pants off dance off" because she thought she made innuendo? Noah hadn't really noticed it until she said he knew what she meant, so he simply nodded and rolled with it. He wanted to start laughing, to call her out on how square she sounded, and make a joke about "one, two, buckle my shoe," but he didn't want to make a scene in the hall. Well, at least when it wasn't as cringe worthy as this.

Finally, Irene reached her point. She wanted to ask him to the dance. That's when everything made sense to Noah. But at the same time, it didn't make sense.

"Wait...what?" he asked in response.

Noah pointed at himself.

"You want to go with me? I mean, not that I'm not flattered, but...why? I thought you felt nothing but vitriol towards me. Why would you want to go the dance with me of all people?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah's eyes widened and his eyebrows raised as Irene continued with her proposal. He was starting to have questions about if she really wanted to go to the dance with him considering her response began with some rather strong critiques about himself and Pina. He wasn't exactly sure what hair thing she was talking about in particular. Was it a hair flip he did, or was it the style he wore the Pina hair in? He wasn't sure, so he let her continue.

Finally, she reached the point that made Noah understand why she wanted to go out with him. She admitted he was attractive and cool on his own, and that she did want to actually spend time with him. That kind of flattery, coupled with Noah's lack of other options, appealed to him. Besides, he didn't dislike Irene. He found her enjoyable at times, and maybe it would finally make the boys too afraid to ask him out come out of the woodwork. Noah smiled and nodded.

"What the heck? I'll do it," he said with a chuckle. "You had me at 'I've wanted Pina dead sometimes'. Gigi Hadid said the same thing to me at Karlie Kloss' birthday party."

V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Well, this floats my boat well enough," Noah said. "I'm just glad you'd think of me this way."

Noah chuckled to himself and closed his locker.

"But anyways, we're two days out from Sadie Hawkins, so what are we doing?" he asked. "You know, like dinner and coordinating clothes. I have a black dress shirt I've been wanting to wear for a while, so that'll probably go with any kind of dress you choose. As for dinner, I'm down to eat anything, although I'm hoping it's something slightly better than Cheryl's."

Noah grinned and looked to Irene for answers, leaning against his locker as he did. Irene was being bold in asking him out, and he wanted to see if she could actually handle planning a platonic date. Would she rise to the top and take charge, or would she collapse into a puddle of uncertainty? He couldn't wait to see.
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Noah nodded along with all of Irene's suggestions. The idea of wearing something shiny because of the space theme did appeal to Noah. Maybe he could wear one of the Wonder Woman cuffs he had, or something else weird. Maybe he could find silver eyeliner before the dance. Although, Irene would probably have issues with him wearing makeup. He could see the snarking now, and decided to table that until he could properly figure things out.

"Hmm, eating after the dance sounds nice," Noah said. "Granted, I have a midnight curfew for events like this, so it'd have to be sooner than later. Blame my mom and her concern that, on top of all my other issues, I could be a lush. Plus, eating before the dance isn't bad, less chances to show up with stains and so on."

Noah whipped out his cellphone.

"I forgot, do I have your phone number?" he asked. "If not, can I get it so we can chat more?"
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

Laurels
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Oh, wait, durr, what am I saying?" Noah pondered. "Sorry, I meant after means less stains. I think I've finally hit the limit for how long I can be in school today."

Noah held out his phone and listened as Irene spoke her number. He did have her number in his phone, the reason for which he was having trouble remembering. Either way, he still put it in.

"Okay, got it."

Irene then said her farewells and walked out.

"Alright, can't wait," Noah said, waving goodbye.

Noah put his earbuds back on and started to chuckle to himself. He really couldn't believe he was going to the dance with Irene, of all people. This was practically a sitcom sketch, and he was just rolling along with it.

"Then again," Noah muttered, "this might make a fun bit for my web series."

Noah pondered this for a moment. Depending on how this Sadie Hawkins dance went, he might either have a hilarious anecdote, or something so tragic and awful it would result in chaos and death.

He shrugged, then began to walk down the hall to the student parking lot. It would probably be the former. He didn't need to be so pessimistic yet.

((Noah Whitley continued in Dying To See How This One Ends))
V6 Cast

V5 Cast

Chat, Art, and Fun Stuff

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Before the Dance · Next Topic »
Add Reply