Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sadness Augmentation; I have no clue what grocery stores exist over in America (open!)
Topic Started: Feb 15 2016, 01:02 AM (1,191 Views)
Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Scarlett McAfee continued from A Most Worthy Quest))

Scarlett had to accept that she didn't eat of lot of healthy food and now she was standing in the fruit and vegetable section, hoping to get some food that would be healthy for her. She was trying to figure out what to get. She was a bit of a picky eater so she would either love something she had or the complete opposite of that. She had already got some strawberries and green apples as she really enjoyed having them. Now she was gazed down at some mixed vegetables. She could have that for tonight. Well, not the whole lot of it. She didn't want to be too greedy.

Her train of thoughts were disturbed when she saw that Alvaro Vacanti was coming towards her with a trolley. She thought that he was a sweet guy, but maybe a bit quiet at times. She had been to the café where he worked a few times and they had some delicious food there. She had tried try to talk with him there but he seemed too busy to have the time to have a conversation with her. Maybe now was her chance to get to know him better.

Before she could even say hi to Alvaro, Darius Van Dyke popped up behind him and Scarlett stopped herself from speaking for a few seconds. Darius was the sort of person that Scarlett wasn't really that fond of. He was the type of guy that Scarlett would try to avoid at all costs. Scarlett had many reasons for not liking a person like him. She should at least try to intervene as she could see that Alvaro didn't seem to like having Darius there. The poor guy looked really uncomfortable and it was making Scarlett feel sorry for him. She had to do something at least.

Scarlett approached the two guys with a small smile and she stopped just at Alvaro's side. She hoped that she wasn't invading his personal space. "Hi, Alvaro!" She nodded to him and then she shot a serious glare at Darius. "Darius isn't bothering you, is he?"
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett had a feeling that Alvaro would say no. He was obviously lying but she wasn't going to push it. If Alvaro wanted Darius around then she guessed that was okay with her. Although, she was sure that Darius said something bad before she approached the both of them. Oh well. If Alvaro didn't want any drama then that was good for her to know. Shouting at Darius in a grocery store wasn't something that she would like to do. Ever.

Scarlett raised an eyebrow at Darius when he just told a joke. She wasn't even sure if it was a joke because it just sounded really bad. She should laugh, right? No, no. She couldn't laugh at that. It was just one of the worst things that Darius could say. Maybe she could just try to be polite to make things less awkward for Alvaro. The poor guy looked really confused anyway.

Scarlett showed Darius a small smile. "Was that a joke? It sounded kinda.... terrible, Darius...." She said a bit too honestly. Well, so much for being polite. "....Uh....Got any other jokes I could laugh at...?" She was now trying to be kinder. Oh, well. If Darius didn't want to talk to her again then she would be happy.
Edited by Primrosette, Mar 1 2016, 05:13 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett realized that things were getting uncomfortable between the three of them. She could surprisingly sense it. Oh, she didn't even know that someone was watching the drama and they came over to her, Alvaro and Darius. Oh, it was actually a student from school. Ben Fields. He was a nice guy who likes baseball and he was against bullying. Which was great. She was sure that they never talked but she knew a little about him.

Then Darius made things much more worse by making fun of Alvaro. Scarlett was not okay with that and Darius had a stupid grin on his face. Ugh! She really did despise this guy. She also wanted to kick him in the family jewels because he was such a complete jerkass.

But Scarlett stay calm and she didn't laugh at all. What Darius said was just insulting. She and Alvaro weren't that close but she felt like she wanted to stand up for him. "Hey, that's not funny at all, you jerk. Just leave Alvaro alone. He doesn't need this crap from someone like you!" She snapped at Darius in an irritated tone and she was now giving a death glare to Darius. ".....You went too far."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett realized that trying to argue with Darius would be a waste of her time. So much for her trying to defend Alvaro. She hadn't done a very good job of it. Then Ben piped in and he was now telling Darius to.... Well, pick on him, she guess. Scarlett didn't know how to feel about that. On one hand, she felt grateful for Ben's help. On the other hand, she felt a bit embarrassed for the way she reacted to Darius. Maybe she went a little overboard. But now thankful, Darius was actually focusing on Ben. Which meant that she could let Alvaro get out of this situation. She wasn't going to continue to make a scene in front of everyone.

Scarlett was starting to step out of the way for Alvaro as she was blocking the way in front of him and she give him a small smile. "Alvaro, I'm sorry that Darius is being a bully to you. I think you should be able to escape from him now." She whispered to him quietly as the other two were talking to each other. "I think Ben will have this under control so I'm going to leave quickly too."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett didn't know that Alvaro wanted to stay in this section to finish what he was doing. So of course, she immediately felt embarrassed when he turned down her offer for him to escape from Darius. Her confidence in trying to help a friend was getting lower and lower. "O-Oh, sorry, Alvaro...." She cleared her throat and she stared at Alvaro, feeling a little awkward. 'I was just trying to help--"

She was then startled as Ben was basically manhandling Darius away from the two of them. She hadn't suspected that to happen. But she felt relieved. Because Alvaro wouldn't have to suffer because of Darius' mean jokes. She mouthed a quiet 'Thank you' as Ben glanced back at her and Alvaro. Now things would be less awkward.

"Well, at least Darius is gone now, right?" Scarlett had turned her attention back to Alvaro. "I'll just get what I need and I'll leave you to it. I mean.... If you don't want my company, Alvaro." Ugh..... She was doing a terrible job at talking to Alvaro. "I'm sorry for not being very helpful. I'll try harder next time. If anyone else gives you trouble. Okay? I would gladly give you a hand!" Scarlett gave Alvaro one of her warm and friendly smiles. Because she meant it.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett was glad that Alvaro didn't want her to go away. Also, he was now blushing. Wait, did he think that she liked him like a crush or something? Oh, she was hoping that she didn't come off that way. Now she could see that Alvaro was blushing. She didn't even think of him in a romantic way so she was feeling uncomfortable. She sighed a little in relief when he said that next bit. Good, good. Because she knew that Alvaro obviously liked someone else anyway. She had noticed. It's not that hard for her to figure out. And she also liked someone else too. She and Alvaro would never date. They would be better off as friends. Just friends and nothing else.

Scarlett smiled at him calmly, waving her hand a little in front of her face. "Oh. I think of you as more of a friend. I'm not interested in you in a romantic way....." She paused for a while. She wasn't sounding insensitive to him. Was she? "I'm not the type to randomly fall in love with each guy that I met, you know. I would like us to be friends. If that's okay with you, Alvaro. Besides, I like someone else. Although I will say this. You look very cute when you blush."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
(I don't really know what to write here. So it will be short. I hope this is okay?))

Scarlett didn't realize that she completely made Alvaro basically go into a panic. And why did she even think that he liked her in that way? She didn't even know what she was thinking. She felt like a complete fool. She didn't mean to make things more complicated between them. She didn't even know what to say to him now.

Scarlett opened her mouth to speak but no sound came out. She closed her mouth and she shifted a bit uncomfortably.

Say something to him, Scarlett! Anything!

She cleared her throat and she gave Alvaro a gentle smile. "I didn't think you were in love with me. I'm sorry if I made things a bit confusing. I was just being silly, I think. Can we start over?" She asked unsurely and she held out her hand to Alvaro. It was shaking a bit. She needed to calm down and not scare off a new friend. "Can we be friends?"
Edited by Primrosette, Apr 1 2016, 05:11 AM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett was relieved that Alvaro was okay with being her friend. He seemed like a sweet person, maybe a bit quiet. Shy? She wasn't that sure but she had a big smile on her face because he was alright with being one of her friends. A new friend was always nice to have. Then he asked if she wanted to talk about something with him. Okay, she needed to think of something to talk about to him. Think, think, think. Oh, someone told her that he like chess so she decided to talk about that. Try to start on a good note.

"So I heard from a friend that you like to play chess. Are you really good at it?" Scarlett asked curiously while she was picking up some tomatoes to buy and she glanced over at Alvaro, waiting to see if he would be happy to talk about it. She hoped he would be confident to talk to her.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Scarlett was glad to have a conversation with Alvaro about chess. Although, she wouldn't normally talk about it. As she didn't play it herself and she didn't know that much about it. She did know one way that someone could get checkmated. But that was about it. Well, at least she was learning more about Alvaro. That was all that mattered to her. Having a new person to speak to was nice. She listened as he spoke to her. She kind of understood what he was saying. Some people were good at chess, but some other people were better at it than the other ones. Like professional chess players or something along those lines. Alvaro was on the chess team, huh? That seems cool. Scarlett would possibly watch people playing chess but she couldn't play it herself. Chess wasn't really something she would do. But she could understand why Alvaro might enjoy it.

"I think I kinda get it, you know. You just need to practice more. Practice makes perfect." Scarlett showed off a some grin at Alvaro as she put some apples into her trolley and she scratched her chin slightly. "I'm sure that you will get better at it, Alvaro. I believe that you will get to the top of your chess team and you will win instead."

Scarlett was trying to encourage Alvaro and she really believed that he would be able to do it. They continued to talk about chess for a while as they continued to do their groceries. Scarlett was happy to be able to get to know Alvaro, even if it was only for a few minutes or so. She also couldn't watch to see her dad's face after he see all the fruit that she was getting. It would be priceless.

((Scarlett McAfee continued elsewhere))
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Main Street · Next Topic »
Add Reply