Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
One Night Ultimate Mafia Game Thread
Topic Started: Feb 9 2016, 11:49 AM (2,510 Views)
MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Role confirmed!
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Howdy, y'all.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All was good. Though now I'm so lost, since I can't vote people for petty reasons.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ooh, okay, interesting. I sorta grok this more now. I did take a night action.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay. So, I've been sort of kicking the dirt trying to figure out if I should say this or not, but we seem to sorta be at an impasse so I'm gonna.

I am/was the witch. Due to a misunderstanding of the rules, I dun goofed when it came to night actions. I probably shouldn't get too into what exactly I did, but it was ppprrooobbaaabblllyyy a really bad choice. I did not swap my own role. I can share more if someone who understands the meta here thinks it's a good idea, but my own discretion is that I should probably just kinda keep quiet and hope it works out.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You beat me to the punch.

Okay. Basically, I think this game runs the risk of stalling out because it's so different. For exactly that reason, it's also super intriguing to me and I really want to see it do well.

I'm going to hypothesize that we do not have a troublemaker, based on the lack of claim. The role I investigated and swapped was not the troublemaker, which potentially means we (or at least I) know 2/3 of the center cards.

re: Minion, to get some clarification: Does the minion win with scum but count as town if lynched (that is, a minion lynch = a mafia win)? If that is the case, the minion is effectively a second jester. The other way it could work is that the minion is a traitor, counts as and wins with town, and knows the identities of scum. In that event, it would probably serve them well to spill.

In any event, we should, I think, be looking at players without night actions, since mafia have only a single night action as far as I can see. We can also safely eliminate at least one other member, when the second mason potentially claims.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bikriki
Feb 16 2016, 02:13 AM
It appears that I was given the role of troublemaker, but for some reason - my night action seems to have failed.
Are you certain? I'm not sure you get any sort of confirmation of your role's success.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well... if that's true (and given the way this played out, I suspect it is), then we may end up with three confirmed townies, since Bik's claim effectively confirms Paige.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue
Feb 16 2016, 06:51 PM
Sorry, how does Biks claim confirm her?
Ah, sorry, I was vague.

What I meant is that Bik's claim, if true, still confirms Paige, since Piage would have received the (town aligned) Troublemaker role.

The reason I'm more inclined to trust Bik is that his playstyle doesn't really mesh with faking confusion over how his role works, but does align well with a genuine query to that effect.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There's certainly potential for a gambit. I think it's not quite as safe as it's being made out to be, just because there are a few roles in play that could expose a lie (the cop, for one, and the robber if I understand it correctly, though the robber would have inherited a scum role in that event and thus wouldn't want to share). It's definitely an iffy situation, and my read is based a lot more on Bik's play style than any actual evidence.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think what Frogue means is that you could be lying, since the information you received is something that was already publicly known.

That said, that would likely mean the robber was a center role, since nobody's counter-claimed. I can safely say that the robber was not the center role I saw.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, basically my issue is that if I claim who or what I swapped it'll narrow the options down a good bit. I'd ideally like to hear claims from the no-action crew first, because that'll help me figure out what I should or should not say.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Makes sense to me.

I think we should specifically think about voting Prim out if no information is forthcoming. Prim is less commonly quiet than Imehal and strikes me as most likely to struggle with what to fake claim.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yugi's been slightly more involved and had the weird misunderstanding. That could be scum jumping the gun, but feels a bit strange for me as that.
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Might you be willing to claim your role?
V7:
Juliette Sargent
Alton Gerow
Lavender Ripley

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply