Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Spinster and the Bachelor; Two old maids, for primrosette
Topic Started: Feb 7 2016, 09:26 PM (342 Views)
Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Darn, day of the dance and Henry still hadn't been asked to go.

Not that he was really wanting to go or anything! Or, well, yeah he wanted to go, but it wasn't like it was a huge deal or...yeah, no.

Henry sighed as he walked out of the school building and sat on a bench. His dad was going to pick him up today, so he needed to wait, which could take a little while. Henry supposed that it was a lucky break, since now he'd have one more shot to get asked. Still, he felt kind of mopey. He'd been so excited for the Sadie Hawkins! It sounded like a lot of fun, and Henry didn't usually go to these sorts of things. But now he was thinking he might not get the chance.

Henry wasn't a stud or anything, but he was an okay-looking guy, right? Like, he wasn't stunning, sure, but there had to be somebody who wanted to go with him. The idea of dancing with someone sounded really cool, but he didn't think he'd want to go if he was alone or something. That'd be pretty boring, huh.

Henry sighed, brushing his bangs back over his eye. At least he still had his killer fashion sense? Well, maybe. He was wearing his jacket, so bonus points there, plus his cool black jeans with the chains on it. His shoes were pink, which was an unusual choice, but he thought they looked nice. So yeah, he was doing okay style-wise. Wait, what was he reassuring himself for?

Oh right. Dance. Siiiiiigh.

Henry smiled at a nearby passing girl who, at second glance, was neither looking in his direction or particularly friendly-looking. Wait, was she in his grade? No, he was pretty sure she was a sophomore. Darn. Plenty of fish in the sea, but still...

Aw, that made him sad. The fishing trip for next month was going to be canceled, 'cause the campsite they went to would be closed the day they always went. And the other weekends wouldn't work because Dad had stuff planned.

Today was making Henry sad.
V5: Cut Short

V6: Broken Down

V7: Unprepared
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh hey, there was a girl, and this time she actually was looking at Henry.

Scarlett or something. One T or two? He wasn't sure; some inkling told him it was with two, but he couldn't recall if he'd seen it written down or only heard it. Oh, don't get the wrong idea, they were friends. They talked about stuff, like movies, though their tastes differed since Scarlet(t) liked older movies or science fiction while Henry preferred horror. But she was pretty nice, and they'd talked before. Hm...

Ooh, idea!

Henry stood up, pulling down his shirt to make sure it wasn't riding up his stomach, then briefly stopped to adjust his hair. After self-consciously checking his breath, he nodded, smiled and approached Scarlet(t).

"Heya!" He called out cheerfully, then paused. Was that too forward? Perhaps he should've been more suave, like a spy. Eh, spies weren't actually that glamorous. Suave was out, then, so he should just be himself! "Listen, I've got a question." Henry paused. Wait. Girls were supposed to ask the guys out. He might have to subtly convince her to ask him.

"Will you ask me to the dance?"

That works, too.

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So far, so good! Scarlett certainly seemed interested. "Oh, good!" He said brightly, grinning at her. "Oh, uh, not good about the nervous thing. That's unfortunate, I guess. But I'm glad you want to go with me!"

Henry smiled again. His face felt warm; he was probably blushing, an unusual reaction for him. "It's okay, I haven't either. First time for everything, though, right? Well, technically no, things that are impossible like faster-than-light travel don't have a first time, unless they're possible. Then they might." Hmm, physics. An interesting topic, on he should get into more. Atomic structure and quantum mechanics were remarkably exciting.

Not now, though. Now he was talking to Scarlett. "Sorry, got a little distracted. But..." He looked down, feeling unusually awkward. "I'd love to go with you, if you'd ask me."

Espi
Member Avatar
Death By Truth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Ya!"

Henry was so excited he couldn't decide if he wanted to say 'yes' or 'yeah'. That was unfortunate, but ultimately inconsequential when the intrinsic meaning of the verbalization was made clear through context. Yes!

"I'd love to! We'll have a great time, I'm super-excited to go. Ooh, we should coordinate our colors, so how about I wear black and you wear, I dunno, red Pink? What do you like?"

"Actually, nevermind that, I'll just call you later. I think I've got your number in my phone, we can set up a ride and stuff later." Henry's motor mouth was running on all cylinders, pistons firing, gasoline-ATP burning to move the muscle-wheels and make his jaw move and this metaphor really got away huh. He was super-excited!

Pouncing on Scarlett and giving her a biiiiiig hug, Henry grinned and said. "Thank you soooo much. I'll see you there?"

((Henry Spencer continued in the dance))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Before the Dance · Next Topic »
Add Reply