Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mass Destruction; 10th thread! (Open!)
Topic Started: Feb 7 2016, 05:52 PM (1,134 Views)
Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Brendan Harte continued from So Sorry For That, Man! ))

Brendan's curiosity had got the better of him as he had peeked through the window of Larson's Comics and Games and he stepped inside. He was overwhelmed by how many graphic novels there were. Normally right now he would be in a book store and not be in here. But he was tempted to have a look around. Comics, graphic novels, games..... Well, he wouldn't normally look at these things. But he wanted to see what other people liked. If he wanted to make more friends. Then he could start here and see if anything interested him.

He stopped moving as he could see Fiyori and another student from school having a conversation with each other. What was that guy's name? He was sure that it begin with a J. He thought about it for a while as they were both continuing to talk. Oh.... Jer....Jeremy? Yes, Jeremy. Brendan didn't pay that much attention to Jeremy in school as he didn't know him that well. Although, Caedyn had a strange nickname for the guy. Now Brendan had only see Fiyori once back in the library and he remembered that he never got to try her food. He felt bad about that. He was sure that whatever she had made had been delicious. Maybe he should approach them both to speak with them. But what about?

He was a little hesitant. So he stayed back for a few moments. He was sure that he could talk to Fiyori just fine. But Jeremy was a different story. Brendan shook his head and he fiddled with his phone that he had been holding in his hand the whole time. Brendan decided that he needed to go for it. They were currently talking about food so he could possibly try to add in about that. Maybe not.

Brendan took a small step towards Fiyori and Jeremy and he cleared his throat. "H....Hi, Fiyori, Jerebear- I mean, Jeremy...!" He hadn't meant to say that. He was just really nervous and he couldn't get Caedyn's creepy nickname for Jeremy out of his mind. "....I..... Sorry. I'm terrible at talking to people.... Caedyn really got to me with that name for you.... Um...."

He couldn't believe that he had said 'Jerebear' so casual as well. What a way to make an impression on another guy that he never actually talked to before. He averted his eyes awkwardly from the both of them and he glanced down at his phone. How embarrassing could he be?
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan noticed that Jeremy didn't sound happy at all. Who would be if you blurt out a stupid name like 'Jerebear'? It did sound like a terrible nickname. Well, at least Fiyori greeted him at least. The silence between the three of them was feeling very uncomfortable to Brendan. He had to say something. Anything. To make sure that he could get on Jeremy's good side again. He just needed to think of what to say. He slowly stopped looking down at his phone in his hands and he was trying to make eye contact with Fiyori and Jeremy.

"Um.... I'm good, Fiyori. I just....thought that I could come over and say hi. But I was kind of....nervous.... So I ended up saying the wrong thing." He was looking at Jeremy with apologetic eyes and he went back to fiddling with his phone nervously. He was actually hoping to get a text from Alba soon. ".....So what were you two talking about together...?"

He was still pretty sure that Jeremy was mad at him. But what could Brendan say or do? He just had to be hopeful that Jeremy might let it go.

"So, Fiyori. I think I need to apologise to you because I never did try out what you made. ....Back in the library, I mean...." He said quietly and he glanced between Fiyori and Jeremy. He was still feeling nervous in their presence. Maybe it had been a bad idea to come here after all.
Edited by Primrosette, Mar 1 2016, 02:15 PM.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan felt really guilty after Jeremy had left. He never meant to sound so insensitive to Jeremy's feelings. He lowered his phone and put it into his pocket. So much for making a next friend when he hurt the guy. Way to go, Brendan! You are a complete moron....

"I.... I should have apologized to him first. I didn't mean to upset him. I will definitely apologize to Jeremy when I see him again." Brendan was being truthful to Fiyori because he felt really bad for what he did to Jeremy and Brendan actually looked sad himself. Fiyori was right. "....O-Oh..... Yeah.... I really am the 'I'm sorry' guy, huh?"

Brendan heard Fiyori say something about Kitfo. It sounded like it would be tasty. However, he felt like he didn't deserve to have one. He actually knew that he didn't deserve one after hurting Fiyori's friend like that. He would have to refuse her offer politely. Was Brendan overreacting? He wasn't sure. Maybe, maybe not.

"I....No thank you, Fiyori.... I don't really deserve to have one after....." He trailed off and he stared at the ground in front of his feet, feeling ashamed of his behaviour. "I can't even make a friend without hurting their feelings.... I'm just not good at this friends thing at all."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan didn't even register what Fiyori said to him at first and he raised his head to look at her. He really should stop feeling sorry for himself. He didn't want to look too pathetic to Fiyori. He should try and- Wait.... What did Fiyori just say? Eat or die? That sounded kind of funny. And he started to giggle a little.

"What--"

Just as soon as he opened his mouth to speak, he was surprised to have caught the Kitfo in his mouth. He was so shocked by this that he almost dropped the bread ball out of his mouth. But he managed to keep it in his mouth and he started to chew on it. The first thing that he noticed was that it was hot. A bit too spicy for him.

"I.... Wow...."
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan felt like his tongue was burning a little and he put his hand over his mouth. Making sure to finish what he was eating before he would answer Fiyori's question. It really did taste very good. He could really have a bottle of water right now. He moved his hand away from his mouth and he gazed at Fiyori a bit awkwardly. He needed to tell her how he honestly felt about it.

"I....I really did like it a lot, Fiyori. Uh.... I think it was a bit too... um.... spicy. But I still loved your kitfo. So, yeah...." He was mumbling a little. "I would like to try something made by you again.... If.... If you would like to.... I don't want to force you." He chuckled nervously.
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan smiled at Fiyori as she was laughing with him. She had definitely made him feel better. It was better then he moping around in self-pity. He didn't want to be that guy forever. He needed to come out of that shell and stop being such a pushover over for other people. He had noticed that. He couldn't be a wet blanket anymore. He needed to be more confident and loud. He wouldn't be surprised if he still continued to say sorry to people because that was just the way that he is. He couldn't change that. Maybe not now. But maybe one day.

"I can come over to your home...?" Brendan asked as he tilted his head a bit. He had never been to another girl's house. Expect Bernadette's. And he was hoping to go to Alba's soon. He watched as Fiyori got out a paper of pen and paper and she was writing something down. Oh. Oh. Her phone number.... "O-Of course! I would call you before showing up unexpectedly. N-Not that I could would turn up unexpectedly.... I mean.... T-Thank you, Fiyori...."

He was getting red in the face again. Not a good impression to a girl who just give him her phone number. He didn't want to do that to other people. He was looking like such a dork. "I-I will give you a call. Definitely!"
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

Primrosette
Member Avatar
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brendan took the slip of paper into his hand and he tucked it away into his pocket. He couldn't believe that he got another girl's number. He was staring at Fiyori. It looked like she was about to ask him something but then she changed her mind by the look of it. Fiyori was basically now saying her farewell to him.

"S-Sure! I'll see you at school. I'll see you around, F-Fiyori!"

Brendan watched her leave and then he glanced around at the graphic novels for a while. There were a lot of interesting ones but he wasn't going to buy one. No, he'll get one another time when he didn't feel like people were staring at him. He really needed to stop worrying about other people's stares. Soon.

((Brendan Harte continued elsewhere))
Their Time Is gone

V7

In The Future

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Larson's Comics and Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply