Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mass Destruction; 10th thread! (Open!)
Topic Started: Feb 7 2016, 05:52 PM (1,131 Views)
Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Around the world, there were various and diverse ways for people to greet each other. In the west, for example, it has become customary for people to shake their hand. It is said this evolved from a test to see whether your partner held any weapons in their sleeves. Then there were bows, and their little sister, curtsies. It was old-fashioned to use them, but you would find plenty of special people who insisted on using those forms. For whatever reason.

Of course, bows were often associated with cultures in the east asian region. Through thousands of years of recorded history, complicated rules governing the proper use of bows between genders, ages and people of prestige evolved. Because they were so complicated, Fiyori guessed, did Mao decide to just go 'fuck everything' on the Chinese culture.

[[Fiyori Senay, continued from Tank!]

The point is, either way, that Fiyori's prefered form of greeting was... unorthodox. And quite frankly, nobody who knew her for longer than one day should be aware of that.

In this example, Fiyori spotted Jeremy as she looked into the window of Larson's store (because apparently some people still don't use Steam?). She saw him, browsing through the shelves. Looking for some game. Or maybe any game. Anyway, she used the chance. She was careful, because she snuck up on him. Got close enough. Just a few feet between them.

"Jerebear~"

He was about to punch her, wasn't he?
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, that was something. Fiyori was taken by genuine surprise as Jeremy turned into a cat. Yes, a cat. Because, cats had this weird way of jumping when they were startled? Well, she thought that was an apt description for Jeremy at that moment.

But worse, she probably took one of his nine lives.

"Welp, it's just me - Fiyori Senay, your resident asshole."

She did a curtsie, which as everyone knows was very old-fashioned. And old-fashioned was like, the opposite of sneak greets? Which created some sort of irony and Fiyori kinda forgot where her thoughts went. Jesus, she was scattered. Should've drank more coffee.

"But who knows, perhaps I am Caedyn in disguise!"

...would Caedyn dress up as Fiyori just to bug Jeremy? She wondered, and would find it to be pretty fucked up and also pretty cool.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Why, she wouldn't say she took pride in being an asshole. It was more of a running joke, really. She had particular tastes in humor, and at least she tried to target people who could take it. Or deserved it, but that was getting into uncomfortable terrain. And sure, sometimes it was a miss and she pissed someone off, or made someone sad and then, and only then, Fiyori would feel just a little bit guilty.

Being compared to Bradley though. Fiyori rocked back and forth on her feet, trying to conceal with a overdrawn smile that she'd rather not be compared with him. Bradley was a jerkass for the whole purpose of being a jerkass. He was rude, and he was disruptive. Hell, Fiyori admitted there were similarities but at least she had a kind side.

"Huh? Well, why not?"

Jeremy inquired about why'd she accuse him back when Darius played ace detective. The question shouldn't surprise her, but the tone he used... strange.

"We had fun, no?"

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Be honest."

Fiyori tilted her head at Jeremy. He didn't seem to like that prank that much. And maybe Fiyori should say that she wasn't exactly surprised. Hoped it was different, but alas, to no avail. A shame, she was all about spreading love and happiness.

"Did you actually know I stole the DS, or did you just threw another... random accusation at me?"

She winked at him, but actually wasn't interested in an answer. There'd be little point in dwelling on that occassion. And she didn't have to clear up the situation in any way. Jeremy seemed to be fine with Fiyori around one way or the other.

Besides, she had other ways of making him happy.

Hopefully.

"But yeah, you're right. I got the game. Was wondering when Darius realized." She snickered. "I'll give it back once he asks me.

Whenever that would be."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hm. She couldn't put a finger on it. Mostly because that would be kinda inappropiate with Jeremy. But mainly because he was somewhat of a mystery. Fiyori thought she had a good grasp on people's feelings. Jeremy however, confounded her. He wasn't mad at her, he wasn't happy to see her, but that wasn't to say he was feeling neutral either.

Alright. She could work with that?

"I am not a thief... at least not with stuff like video games. Too bad for Darius he just can't catch me."

They actually shared some classes. Fiyori got reprimanded once for stretching her tongue out at Darius. She thought she was sublte! But anyway, she wanted to see when he'd snap and just throw a chair at her.

"Ah right, I remember, I wanted to give you something! Got extra lunch with me, if you want."

Fiyori smirked at Jeremy. She hoped he liked it hot.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not in the mood to argue about the lexical meaning of the word "thief".

Definitely in the mood to share food though. Fiyori did a playful curtsie, and reached after her bag. It didn't take long, and soon enough, Jeremy was presented with two light brown balls of bread sitting atop Fiyori's palm.

"Kitfo!"

More or less. Minced meat, raw to boot, mixed with a seasoning powder including chili pepper, cinnamon, gloves and cardamon seeds, as well as clarified butter seasoned with diverse herbs.

Usually eaten in bowls with bread, Fiyori thought about making them more portable. So she simply wrapped the bread around the meat, creating small balls. Roughly with a diameter of an inch. But ah, Fiyori got a bit careless while preparing them and some were bigger, and some were smaller.

That dish was already on of the more spicier ones, but the seasonings she used for the clarified butters were...

well, she was sure Jeremy would survive.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Technically both?"

She chuckled, then forced her to stop.

"That was a joke, by the way."

Just in case.

"Nah, but seriously. It's minced meat. Raw even, so I suggest you eat it in the next 24 hours or so."

She guessed they'd go bad a bit before that, but she already ate like, ten of the twelve she made. Little worries about any possible health risks. Oh yeah, aside from that one thing.

"Still, gotta warn you. It's kinda spicy. Not much, but still a bit."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"What? Are you afraid or something?"

Fiyori smiled at Jeremy which masked the bit of offense she felt. Offense. That sounded wrong. Somehow. He seemed to hesitate, though. And something about it rubbed her the wrong way.

Well, she guessed that technically Fiyori could give the Kitfo ball to him, so that he might eat it at some later point. Still at that very same day, of course. Would go bad otherwise. And that'd be a shame.

It'd also be a shame if she didn't get to see his squee of delight!

Fiyori considered taking one of the balls. But she decided not to. The dusty bread giving way to the cold and moist meat, distributing an exciting sense of heat all over her palate. Tempting, but she wanted Jeremy to taste it all.

"Listen dude, my arm's getting heavy. How 'bout you close your eyes and go through with it?"

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fiyori beamed. Strange, unusual, but still happening. She beamed, and for a moment, you might have thought of Fiyori as cute. Not in the way bunnies are cute. Something more baby-predator level of cute. Then again, bunnies probably tasted pretty good.

Either way, she shot him a continous smile that easily betrayed her pride.

"Glad you liked it!"

She watched Jeremy clean out his mouth, and...

Fiyori leaned in. She could smell the strong spices escaping Jeremy.

"You'll find that, once we all leave high school... that you really enjoyed your time with me."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jeremy was confused. It was a common reaction. Fiyori smiled at him, intent to hold the stare a little while longer. But there was already someone new arriving.

Fiyori resumed her original position, stepped back from Jeremy, and a bit towards Brendan.

She welcomed him with a warm smile, but suddenly, it evolved into a malicious grin she threw against Jeremy. Oh, of course. It was Jerebear.

"Hey, don't mind him. Caedyn has a way with people, after all."

She wondered whether she should talk about her own involvement in spreading that particular nickname. Which she obviously and totally never did, because doing so would be cruel. Seriously, she didn't know whether Jeremy could take that.

...she did greet him with Jerebear though. So, she was just a little bit cruel. One or two ounces at best.

Fiyori looked over to Brendan. This whole standing thing began to be uncomfortable. She stretched her left leg. She stretched her right.

"By the way... 'sup?"

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fiyori stepped aside. Not that she had to. Jeremy had enough space to leave, and even if not, he wouldn't just push past her. That was what Brendan was for. It was really more of a symbolic gesture. She doubted anyone noticed, though.

She watched him leave. Without handshakes or 'goodbyes' or hand waves, not even with an angry tantrum or yelling cusses at his predators.

He was angry, he recognized it and left.

It would have sounded strange to say she approved. But she found that self-control admirable. Fiyori's view followed after Jeremy as he left the store, and in the background she could hear curious an inquisitive voices. It took her a moment before she focused on Brendan.

"I'd say it is him you owe an apology. You have a way of racking those up, my friend."

Fiyori placed a hand on her neck, massaging it. Brendan was probably curious about what Fiyori had in store for him, food-wise, which was a bit different from what she had back when she met Brendan in the library.

"I still have Kitfo, well, Kitfo in a bread ball. Care to try that?"

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He didn't deserve one after...? Oh, Jesus Christ. Way to be melodramatic, Brendan. Even she couldn't do it better. Fiyori raised an eyebrow at Brendan, wallowing in his self-pity. She grabbed the very last bread ball. Fine, Brendan could do what he wanted. If he had fun being whiny whenever he was on his own, great and good. Yet refusing Fiyori's most gregarious offer? Truly heinous, truly objectionable.

Well not really, but she figured she could cheer him up.

Fiyori played around with the bread ball. Threw it back and forth between her palms.

"Hey, it's fine. I'm not good at making friends either. I just stuff food in their mouths and sometimes they don't try to punch me."

She chuckled. She readied her arm.

"Now, eat or die!"

She hurled the kitfo.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Damn.

She was good.

Fiyori giggled, enjoyed her own awesomeness for a moment and stepped towards Brendan.

"So, you like it?"

Man, that could've gone wrong. She glanced to the side, and there she saw one of Larson's workers. Some guy in his twenty, probably not being paid enough to deal with this shit. She could see he was wondering whether he should intervene before Fiyori did something stupid. But, Fiyori's throwing arm amazed everyone, and that guy resumed doing things that don't involve bothering Fiyori.

Back to Brendan. Clearly, the shock was engraved on his face. And she might be mistaken, but that also looked like his face reddened. Maybe a little bit of sweat? Seems poor Brendan couldn't take it as well as Jeremy, receive skills aside.

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
He chuckled nervously and she chuckled with him. Not nervously. She found it amusing. Brendan said he wouldn't want to force her. As if someone who was such a definite push-over would be someone to force her. Especially not Fiyori, who gladly threw food after people. Literally in that case.

It was amusing, and it was adorable. It could be annoying, too, but she figured she could bear him even then.

"Sure, just come by my house and I'll feed you."

She giggled, and pulled two things out of her bag. A loose piece of people, slightly crinkled, slightly torn, and it seemed it was slightly dusty as well. She shook it in her hands, and some bread crumbs fell off too. The other thing was a pen. She pressed the piece of paper against her palm, and wrote a string of numbers on it. Not her greatest piece of calligraphy, but it was readable.

"Still, maybe you should give me a call beforehand."

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In hindsight, Fiyori half-expected Brendan to die of shame and the ground to swallow his earthly remains, still ashamed. He still put on his very best impression of a tomato. Yeah, that dude was gay as fuck. Or was he? She didn't recall Rick giving him his number, so she guessed he wouldn't get as flustered.

Well, no. She was pretty certain.

She offered him the slip of paper. She, too, tilted her head, ready to ask a question. But giving out a number was something to end the conversation. And so she would.

"So, Brendan. I gotta go. See you around in school. Maybe."

She waved at him, and turned around to leave. A glance to the side, and she could see some people breathed a sign of relief. Got another chuckle out of her, but by then she already left Larson's.

The road by the shop was clear, mostly. She looked to the right, and saw not a single car coming. She looked to the left. There was an SUV, red and old and pretty rusty too. But it seemed slow, and far away. She figured the distance was enough. Enough for the road to be safe to cross.

Fiyori Senay smiled, put back some of her stray hair, and placed her foot on the pavement of the road.

She could hear the car honk as it passed her. She could feel the wind surge clawing on her leg. And she could hear herself thinking... almost.

[Fiyori Senay, continued in The Library Is The Powerhouse Of The Student]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · Larson's Comics and Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply