Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Small steps can take you great distances; A Student Council Thread
Topic Started: Feb 7 2016, 05:02 PM (706 Views)
Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Bridgette Sommerfeld continued from Having Fun Isn't Hard))

Bridgette generally arrived to events early, if she could help it. She just liked being punctual. Plus, ahead of schedule gave her a moment to take a breather and relax.

She strode into the student council room, politely greeting the only other person and sitting down. Today's agenda was the Sadie Hawkins dance. It was the council's brainchild, and something Bridgette herself was proud of putting together. However, she wasn't going to attend herself. Dances (and dating in general) were unappealing to her. Besides, she had better things to do that night.

But she'd think of that once the meeting started. With some time to kill, she pulled out her sketchbook and flipped to the latest page. She'd been on a medieval streak as of late, and had started a knight drawing earlier that day. She sucked at drawing armor, but practice couldn't hurt.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Open to constructive criticism!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bridgette instinctively covered her sketchbook when Conrad spoke. It was a habit from middle school, when she was more insecure and cagey about her art. But she'd grown out of it. "Oh, no, it's just something I do with my free time." She replied, taking her arm off the drawing. She paused. "...what do you think?"

Feedback was a vital aspect of art. Besides your own intuition, it was the only way to improve. Conrad may not be an artist, but you don't need to be one to tell if something looked good.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, at least Conrad liked it. He then mentioned his brother's affinity for traditional fantasy. "Huh. I'm more of a sci-fi gal myself," Bridgette replied, eyes flicking across the empty room.

She checked the time on her phone. It was still early, but she thought other people would've showed up by now. She shrugged and went back to drawing.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bridgette was making good progress. She finished refining the sketch, and just needed to clean up the lineart and add details. Drawing in this room was...relaxing. It didn't have the ambiance of the art room, but without much going on it was peaceful.

A third person stepped into the room. not just any person, but the class president herself. Bridgette looked up from her sketchbook and smiled. "Heya, Em," she replied, closing her sketchbook and slipping it into her backpack. Her little break was over.

Emma was carrying a bright red folder - dance plans, most likely. Bridgette quietly wondered what she had in store.

The senior class president had to impress, after all.
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
So today's meeting was about the Sadie Hawkins dance. Despite Emma being here, they still couldn't start without the rest of the council here. But nothing was stopping them from talking about it. Bridgette was about to say something when Conrad asked about dates. Emma didn't have anyone to go with either, but unlike Bridgette, she planned on going.

"I don't plan on going at all," Bridgette said curtly. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I love planning the dance, but I don't actually enjoy dancing itself. I prefer working backstage, y'know?"

She turned to Conrad. "Anyway, what about you?"

Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
So Conrad was going with Clarice Halwood. "Oh, her? She's nice." Bridgette knew her from around school, and shared a couple of classes with her in the past. Admittedly, her and Conrad didn't seem like a likely couple, but maybe they had something in common. It wasn't her business, anyway.

"Friend dates are good," She responded, leaning on the table. "Who're you planning to ask?"
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Emma was still deciding who to go with, and Conrad threw out two possible names. Bridgette didn't know much about either of them, but they were likable people. Oskar was a popular guy, and Noah...well, he didn't seem too bad. He had a YouTube channel, but Bridgette never looked into it and didn't even remember the channel's name.

And Emma was considering not even going at all. Bridgette could sympathize with her concerns - she'd be worried about how things were running, too. Conrad was encouraging her to take a night off, and part of Bridgette wanted to as well. At the very least she could soothe some worries on that part.

"He's right," she chimed in. "If you'r worried about planning, don't sweat it - there's a whole committee to fall back on. I mean, it all depends on what you want to do, but don't let that hold you back."
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

Aloha
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Conrad soothed her mood further by bringing up Prom. Bridgette had been thinking about it herself, but she wasn’t doing any serious planning. Sure, she had theme ideas and knew what they had to do, but she was always preoccupied with the current dance.

The two of them had a point - Prom did seem like a much bigger deal. Bridgette had never even heard of a Sadie Hawkins dance until she reached high school.

“That’s true,” Bridgette responded. “Prom is the real deal here. The Sadie Hawkins dance will be fine. If anything, let yourself enjoy this dance before working on the next one.”
Characters

Chat Quotes

Arts!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · East Wing · Next Topic »
Add Reply