Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Small steps can take you great distances; A Student Council Thread
Topic Started: Feb 7 2016, 05:02 PM (700 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She'd felt worse, but she'd also felt better.

A few minutes before she had started to head off to the meeting, Emma had spent a few minutes in the bathroom looking at herself. That fatigue that floated around inside her like a fog was still as omnipresent as ever, but honestly, it could be worse. It wasn’t the best she felt, but it wasn’t the worst, either. That was the funny thing about living with chronic illness. It made you think about what you can do, and whether or not you can do it right at that moment. She felt like she could do her duties as President today, though. Again, she’d felt a lot worse than this. Resting a few minutes after class was dismissed, then going to the restroom to make sure she didn’t look too out of it, only made her more confident.

Besides, today they were discussing the Sadie Hawkins Dance. Emma was excited for it. All of it. Discussing it. Planning for it. Decorating for it. Actually attending it. Everything.

Sometime after she left the bathroom, she made her way towards the student council room, a bright red folder visible in her arms. This was where she kept her agendas, notes, and other information needed for meetings. It was always good, especially for the President, to come prepared.

As she entered the student council room, she saw that there were only two people here so far. It was early, though. They were probably going to pile in as it got closer to the proper time.

“Hey Bridgette! Hey Conrad!” she said, a small smile on her face as she sat down and placed the folder on the table.

Even with that familiar fog, she could still be perky.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Emma rubbed the back of her neck with her fingertips a few seconds, in an attempt to stimulate her nerves.

“Yes, we are”, she said. Her smile still remained.

There were many, many things needed to make a school dance actually work. For starters, you need a theme. A good theme is one that inspires creativity, but isn’t limiting to people who don’t want to stick to it. It also must be the kind of thing that wouldn’t result in hurt feelings. She had to explain to someone why “Cowboys and Indians” wasn’t the best idea for a theme last year when they pitched it. “Western”, though, was somewhat of a compromise. Still some potential for problems, but not as bad. You also needed decorations that were both impressive and easy to make or buy. Another thing you needed was music. Last year’s seniors had a… strange sense of humor, particularly the President. It resulted in some strange things on the playlist. Amusing? Maybe. But actually dancing to it was the hard part. It might be nice to get some kind of decent finger food, nothing too extravagant. And that was only the beginning on what they actually needed to sort out. Of course, that’s what they were meeting for today.

“Oh, a date?” Emma said.

Of all the things that had come up in her brain about Sadie Hawkins, who to ask had, admittedly, not been at the top of the list. It wasn’t like she didn’t want one, though! It was just… who?

“I haven’t figured it out yet”, Emma replied. “There’s probably someone who’d want to go as friends, right?”
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"I see."

Emma couldn't judge Bridgette for not wanting to show up. After all, it would be cruel to force her, or something. Emma liked school dances, but she could picture a ton of reasons why someone wouldn't want to, or just couldn't, show up. It was a little strange that she didn't want to see her handiwork first hand, but eh. It wasn't Emma's job to pass judgement, you know?

No, her job was other things. Like what she was supposed to be doing in a few minutes.

Oh, she knew Clarice. She was the wrestling team captain, wasn't she? One of them. She was actually the co-captain with someone, right? Ty Yazzie! That was the person. Yeah, they both were the captain. She'd been in a few classes with Clarice, and she seemed energetic. A little hot-headed, but energetic. Were her and Conrad close? She couldn't remember.

"Yeah. I mean, it shouldn't be too hard to find a friend date, right?" Emma said. "I could just go up to a guy friend, and... be like 'Hey, do you need a date?' I'm sure that would be easy."

Friend date? That should be easy. Real, actual, boyfriend-girlfriend date? Woo boy. Emma had no experience with that. It was funny because it seemed like everyone else did in some way or another. It wasn't the end of the world if she didn't have a boyfriend, of course. There were bigger things to worry about. Asking someone out on a friend date, though... that seemed easy!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Almost immediately, Conrad had offered suggestions. Emma knew who Oskar and Noah were. Oskar was on the cheer team, if she remembered correctly, and was rather, well, cheerful. Noah… she was sure she’d seen some of his videos. Someone had linked her to one, actually, so at least that particular one. At first she thought it was mean, until she realized “Pina” was a character he played and not a real person a few seconds later. Still pretty mean, but not as bad as it could have been?

Though, Conrad seemed to think that she needed to relax that evening. “Relax”? Admittedly, that word had… slight ugly connotations with her. It wasn’t just the drowsiness, for the record. It’s just that there’s always something that needs to be taken care of. Still, though, she got what he was getting at. Once you’re done, sit back and just enjoy yourself for the evening.

“You think so?” she asked. “I mean, things aren’t going to blow up if I’m not announcing or something, definitely. But I kind of want to make sure everything’s sorted out first, at least. Still, though. It’ll be good no matter what I decide on doing.”

Really, finding a friend-date and spending the evening with him? Would be fun. Spending the evening organizing the event? Stressful, but rewarding. Not organizing the event but going alone? Might not be as good as the friend-date, but that was a might. No matter what, though, Emma enjoyed school events. Whatever thing she decided to do that evening, it should be good.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bridgette was right: even if she took some time off from planning, there was a whole committee to make sure things went okay. Still though, even if she were to spend the evening just simply… relaxing at the dance, she wanted to be 100 percent sure that everything is sorted. Besides, Emma was the kind of person who wasn’t satisfied if she hadn’t accomplished something each day. If it wasn't the dance, it was a school trip. If it wasn't a school trip, it was a fundraiser. If it wasn't a fundraiser, it was a school dance. That's just how she did things.

"Oh! Prom" she said as she gently massaged the skin between her thumbs and forefingers. "That's true. If we spend all of our time working on the appetizer, we aren't going to have a good main course."

People had bigger expectations for Prom than they did Sadie Hawkins. Sadie Hawkins was supposed to be more calm and relaxed. Not as much pressure, you know? But yes. Prom was definitely something they needed to sort out too. Not as close on the horizon, but still something that they needed to focus on in the near future.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Emma put a finger to her cheek in thought.

“Well… there’s some stuff we still need to go over. I’ll elaborate more once the meeting starts, since not everyone is here yet.”

The meeting went well. They got plenty of things sorted out! There was a DJ who usually did music for the dances. He’d already said that he had time in his schedule to show up, so that was good. “Cosmic Space Adventure” also seemed pretty easy to find decorations for. Planets, stars, spaceships, aliens, and astronauts. She was pretty sure that they could find good space things with a quick look through a party store and the school’s storage. It’d be more affordable and more practical, as well. “Space” wasn’t the only theme that had been tossed about for Sadie Hawkins this year, of course. Emma had been particularly fond of “Secret Mission.” Basically, it was a bit of a James Bond, secret agent theme. Though, she had personally suggested “1980s theme.” You see, she was thinking of Back to the Future, and, well, her mind went to “80s.” However, when they discussed it some time ago, everyone had agreed that “space” was the way to go. So “space” it was! It should be nice, seeing the gym made to look like something out of science fiction.

Come to think of it, another perk of “Cosmic Space Adventure” was that you could match the music to the theme pretty easily. For example, the Men in Black song! That wouldn’t be too bad as a song on the suggested playlist. Maybe Ariana Grande’s “Break Free”? If only for the video. That had a space theme, she knew.

Once the meeting was officially over, Emma noticed that there was a bit of an ache in her arms and legs. It didn’t help that her head felt a little weird, too. She otherwise felt okay, but she needed to stretch a bit, and probably head straight home afterwards. Her body was giving her all the signals that she needed to lay down.

As Emma left, red folder in hand, she thought about what Conrad and Bridgette said. She probably could tone it down a bit this time, but still. She could at least help set up the decorations. No ladders, of course, but tablecloth, moving a few things around in the gym? She could do it. Emma wasn’t happy until she was doing something. Of course, she could take it easy for the dance proper. If everything’s set up and there’s nothing else to be taken care of, she could go with a big smile on her face.

((Emma Luz continued elsewhere. If there’s anything here that needs changing, lemme know))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · East Wing · Next Topic »
Add Reply