Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
One Night Ultimate Mafia Sign-Ups
Topic Started: Feb 2 2016, 03:13 PM (598 Views)
TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Heyo, Welcome to One Night Ultimate Mafia!

It is similiar to Mafia, but different as it has different mechanics and is generally shorter.

Unlike Mafia, ONUM has just 1 Night Phase and 1 Day Phase. The goal of the Town is to lynch one mafioso; then they win. The goals of the Mafia is that all of them stay alive by the end of the day; then they win. There might be a Fool, but I cannot say without knowing the amount of players that will play. The Fool wins when they are lynched.

In the Night Phase everybody gets their roles and they can do their night actions, if they even have one. In the Day Phase the players must decide to lynch someone. But the twist is that not everybody can be sure to have the same role or even alignment by the end of the night, as certain roles have the ability to swap the roles of the players. The unique thing about ONUM is that your primarily goal is to win with the alignment you have at the end of the night phase(/start of the day phase), but to go there you have to deduce what your current role is.

When everybody has signed up, I'll choose a setup we'll play and assign each one of you a role via RNG (I will explain what roles exists later in this post). However, unlike normal mafia there are n+3 roles overall. N means the number of players, so if 7 people sign up, there would be 10 roles. But who has the remaining 3 roles? Nobody. These three unused roles are the Center Roles that are assigned to no one (they are called Center Roles as IRL you'd put the role cards in the center of the table) and nobody (except me) knows what these roles are at the beginning of the game. These three slots are there for certain roles, but I'll explain later.

We have a 3 days Night Phase.

During the night phase nobody talks in the thread. The night actions are handled via PMs to me. It ends when everybody has sent an action or after 3 days.

Then we have a 14 days Day Phase.

Discuss on who is who, as you may or may not have the same role as before. Like you could be maf then be town or vice versa. As I said, the win condition is the current role.

When everybody is ready to vote by writing VOTE: YES or the 14 days are over, there will be a lynchphase.
However, when the lynchphase happens: The votes are anonymously sent to me via PM. No unvoting or selfvoting. Majority wins. If there's a tie between 2, both die.

Sooo, we have a big amount of roles to choose from. You guys can say in this sign up thread which one you'd love to see in the upcoming game!

Roles:

But wait, what happens if there is no active mafia at the end of the night and all mafia roles become center roles? Yeah, this scenario can happen and in that case you should no-lynch so the town wins. But, you know, make sure that in that scenario there are truly no mafiosi, as the mafia would win if everybody no-lynched and there is a mafia member.

Rules:

-Activity Rules per day wouldn't make that much sense with just 1 night and 1 day phase, but please be active so the game flows
-obviously, no pm quoting. Feel free to roleclaim and talk about your actions during the day or lie about your role/actions, whatever helps you to win. That's the point of the game
-no talking about the game stuff outside the game
-editing your post is allow- haha jk, it's still forbidden

Night Action Order:

Questions? Roles you wish to be chosen? Roles you dont wanna see (like the Village Idiot)?

Setup:

Roles:

1 - Curator
2 - Witch
3 - Fool
4 - Minion
5 - Stalker
6 - Mafioso
7 - Hunter
8 - Sentinel
9 - Mason
10 - Mason
11 - Traitor
12 - Robber
13 - Cop
14 - Troublemaker

Players:

1 - MurderWeasel
2 - Yugikun
3 - Polybius
4 - Bikriki
5 - dmboogie
6 - Primrosette
7 - DuckyB
8 - Imehal
9 - Frogue
10 - Grim Wolf
11 - penguin_alien
12 -

You people will sign up, we'll talk here about the setup you guys wanna make (the setup will be open and at the start of the game everybody will know what roles exist) and then RNG will do the job. The Center Roles will be named C1, C2 and C3 (Or C4 if you guys want a Godfather), so you can decide between the the three of them.

7 days sign up time seems alright, right? Otherwise, I could extent it, considering that this mafia mode appears to be more complicated (which, it isn't that much...but it's still something new!)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This sounds all sorts of crazy. Sign me up!
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I haven't read the rules yet but I'll sign up anyway.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Polibyss
Member Avatar
You like what you see?
[ *  *  * ]
Okay
V7

Riki
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would like to participate. Good luck hosting this!
Fiyori Senay

Version 7
Version 6
Version 5

ChatShit

My Credentials

dmboogie
Member Avatar
A Delicate Machine
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm always up to clusterfuck
a tribute for the dead and dying

Posted Image

Primrosette
Contender
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm up for this! : )
Their Time Is gone

Spoiler: click to toggle

V7

In The Future

Emprexx Plush
Member Avatar
Paige/EP/Plush, they/them pronouns pls thanks :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeeeeeaaaah booooooi
SotF Characters

the highest honor i'll ever achieve

Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Imehal
Member Avatar
The Captain America of alien fighting.
[ *  *  * ]
... this sounds delightfully complicated.

/in!
[No claims on the avatar image]
v6 Relationship Thread Here!
v6
v5
You are all crazy!

frogue
Member Avatar
just a picture of a cloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll play too!
Links

frogue
Member Avatar
just a picture of a cloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll play too!
Links

MurderWeasel
Member Avatar
You've been counting stars, now you're counting on me
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Frogue
Feb 2 2016, 06:32 PM
I'll play too!
Frogue
Feb 2 2016, 06:32 PM
I'll play too!
But will you play two?
V7:
Juliette Sargent drawn by Mimi and Ryuki
Alton Gerow drawn by Mimi
Lavender Ripley drawn by Mimi
Phillip Olivares drawn by Ryuki
Library Vee
Misty Browder

Yugikun
Member Avatar
maybe if you're lucky the random avatar will sync up to the character you're reading right now
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nope. Go Fish.
In a V7 near you!
Coming to a V7 near you!
The Past

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grim Wolf
Member Avatar
The Very Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In.
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."

V5 Players

V4 Players

TwelveFourtyFive
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sooo, are there any preferred roles? :)

Which ones do you think will be the most fun?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mafia · Next Topic »
Add Reply